Best Rune Stacking for Most Chars?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radica

11-28-2009

What is the best form of rune stacking that still gives access to a good amount of champions? Quints are obviously HP but the others?

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Exp Quints on Zilean.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2009

Im making a pure -CD % page. My reasoning is that all heroes have abilities, its always nicer to have them recharge faster--sure, some heroes need this more than others, but nice on all. So Im going to make my CD page and then start buying up champions.

I think if you dont want a CD page, go for defense stats. Stuff like Armor or MR you can never go wrong with. It never hurts to have more defense (in fact, it hurts less!!)

Going stuff like crit or AP isnt smart just because there are some heroes who dont need one or the other or both. Example, Annie is my current main, she has no need for crit runes, if I had a page with crit runes, that part of the page would be worthless. This would be unlike a CD or MR page because Annie could use those; likewise a total opposite like Ashe could use either of those stats too.

Point is, a generic page like CD might not be optimal for every hero, but it sure works well for every hero.

The Senate

11-30-2009

Health.

Windswept

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Health.

Health is good early game but is trivial late game.

Seeing how I play ashe and only ashe ( dont say a word i do a good job) i went for Cd reduction for my blue/yellow and + atk speed for red. I dont know what im doing for the Quints seeing how i only have 1 atm (which is -cd%)

Laserwolf

11-30-2009

I believe there is a hard-cap for -CD% at -40%, unless I am mistaken, so that might effect your rune choice. You probably can't get nearly as high as that using only runes though :-p. You can only get ~15% with all tier 3 runes and quintessences used for CD reduction, so in my opinion I would rather just get Soul Shroud and save the runes for something else, unless you want to stack everything to reach that hard-cap.

Zekk

11-30-2009

Hard cap on -CD is 40%. Health per level or mana regen per level are almost always useful.

Windswept

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserwolf View Post
I believe there is a hard-cap for -CD% at -40%, unless I am mistaken, so that might effect your rune choice. You probably can't get nearly as high as that using only runes though :-p. You can only get ~15% with all tier 3 runes and quintessences used for CD reduction, so in my opinion I would rather just get Soul Shroud and save the runes for something else, unless you want to stack everything to reach that hard-cap.

There is a hard cap of 40%. golem buff gives -25% cd. BUT hardly anyone ever stacks to that high.

simulatedvacuum

12-01-2009

Go armor pen in red, dodge in yellow, and cd reduction in blue, along with +hp quints. Most universal rune page I've found.

Morzas

12-01-2009

I like critical chance in red over armor pen. The 20 armor penetration you get is cancelled out by Cloth Armor, a 300 gold item that builds into a lot of useful stuff like Heart of Gold, Madred's Razors and Guardian Angel, among other stuff. Critical Chance is even useful on non-physical heroes early on, as people don't expect roughly 1/10 of your auto-attacks from Soraka or Annie to deal 100 damage. Then again, I guess I'm just a lucky guy, cause I loves me some random crits and random dodges.