ELO - Unfair Initial Match-Ups

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keuzen

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0L View Post
The games in Starcraft 2 are not "Tests" They are placement matches for the league you will be in . When you first begin the game , you will be put into a practice league for 50 games and the games you play will be to practice and do not count. After that you will do 5 placement matches and after completing them you will be placed in a league. Bronze , silver , gold , diamond , masters and grandmaster . This will decide at what level you will play at for the season . Now of course if you play well you will be promoted or demoted according to your play . After the season you will have to do another placement match to confirm you are in the right league.
My knowledge of SCII is rather vague, though I have an idea of how it works. I didn't mean to say that they are "tests," I just worded the post incorrectly.

Keuzen

01-22-2013

Not sure if this post is valid anymore due to the changes to their system. Thank you for listening to the community, Riot.

Will someone explain how they place you in this new system?

adc

01-22-2013

If you had bothered to search, you'd know the system works the exact same way as it does now. Elo isn't going away, we just can't see it anymore.

E??a

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0L View Post
The games in Starcraft 2 are not "Tests" They are placement matches for the league you will be in . When you first begin the game , you will be put into a practice league for 50 games and the games you play will be to practice and do not count. After that you will do 5 placement matches and after completing them you will be placed in a league. Bronze , silver , gold , diamond , masters and grandmaster . This will decide at what level you will play at for the season . Now of course if you play well you will be promoted or demoted according to your play . After the season you will have to do another placement match to confirm you are in the right league.
That's entirely incorrect. You play five placements against people in different leagues to determine the league you should be in. The first game of every season is another placement match. Every game counts. There is no 50 game practice league.