Can items really balance an oped champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Messerschimdt

01-05-2013

Since riot does not want to change/balance oped champions in dominion because they are inline with SR standards. The new changes with lightbringer, revealing stealthed traps, has gotten me thinking that broken champions in dominion can be fixed with new items while retaining the same kit for SR. So can kass/kha be fixed with an item that blinks/pulls him back to his previous spot right after he triggers a leap/blink? Is creating items the right approach towards balancing champions for this game mode? Is this a bandaid to cover the fact certain champions kits are broken in this game mode? Will we be able to see hextech sweeper with the similar passive? Your thoughts....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bierfaust

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerchimdt View Post
Since riot does not want to change/balance oped champions in dominion because they are inline with SR standards. The new changes with lightbringer, revealing stealthed traps, has gotten me thinking that broken champions in dominion can be fixed with new items while retaining the same kit for SR. So can kass/kha be fixed with an item that blinks/pulls him back to his previous spot right after he triggers a leap/blink? Is creating items the right approach towards balancing champions for this game mode? Is this a bandaid to cover the fact certain champions kits are broken in this game mode? Will we be able to see hextech sweeper with the similar passive? Your thoughts....
Not always the best way to fix it. I mean hextech sweeper was the near perfect counter to any stealth champion (this was before BFT remember so traps weren't any where near as much of an issue as they are now). And yet 99.99% of low elo players would never buy this, hell even when I was at like 1500elo I had to try really hard to convince an ap or the tank to get a sweeper if I wasn't playing someone who would buy it themselves.

Basically what I'm saying is, you can provide people with the tools, but if they refuse to use them (because they just want big numbers or just want to kill people in a non SR gamemode) there really isn't much you can do to change this. Providing spotlights from high level players on addressing issues that affect the game would be a good way to try.
Have the videos available in the client so there is no excuse for people not to have access to see them.