Sup Nome, Wooglet's is OP for all the same reasons Zhonya's Ring was OP

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Case in point: I just saw a teemo 100-0 my teammate who was coming to gank him with two shrooms. Teemo had BFT and sorcs.
Way to make stuff up. Just two shrooms?

Phourc

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Way to make stuff up. Just two shrooms?
Three technically, but he hit two back to back, meaning there was really no damage added. xP

But yes, I watched it happen. Teemo = god tier.

Edit: but point being, with enough base damage, you can pretty much ignore AP and go for damage scaling via pen and cdr (stats both on BFT). This works pretty well until your enemy starts buying lots of mr, and then you buy a void staff. xP

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
All I can say is that Zhonya's Ring was removed and split into two different items for a reason. Combining the defensive capabilities of Zhonya's Hourglass with the raw offensive boost of Deathcap is a colossal amount of power for finishing one item. Wooglet's Witchcap is the item to rush on any AP champ in Dom because upon completion you have a massive offensive boost and a massive defensive active.

The power swing that this item causes is immense. It's just as immense as the long removed Zhonya's Ring.
I do agree with you. Riot's genius 'fix' for dominion AP is to release 2 really OP items, instead of doing something like adjusting the Global Auras. They admit as much if youve seen red posts about these.

So basically itemization for AP makes BFT, Wooglets near must-haves due to their efficiency and strength. Its stupid especially since various champs are more or less suited for these items. But due to their power, near everyone gets them.

George W Nome

Game Designer

01-07-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I do agree with you. Riot's genius 'fix' for dominion AP is to release 2 really OP items, instead of doing something like adjusting the Global Auras. They admit as much if youve seen red posts about these.

So basically itemization for AP makes BFT, Wooglets near must-haves due to their efficiency and strength. Its stupid especially since various champs are more or less suited for these items. But due to their power, near everyone gets them.
What would you do about the global auras?

Mad Grey Wolf

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I would make them give you TONS OF DAMAGE. Phreak would approve!

Harvester

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
If your team has controlled one or fewer points for 90 seconds, then your team gains 10% cooldown reduction and 4% movement speed outside of combat.

If a team is stuck in their base while the enemy team is dominating, then your team could gain a buff like this to compensate. The buff could dissipate either when your team next captures a point or when your team controls more points than your opponents. Lorewise, if your nexus crystal begins to take damage too fast (like in the above situation) it enchants allied champions.

Luego

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
If your team has controlled one or fewer points for 90 seconds, then your team gains 10% cooldown reduction and 4% movement speed outside of combat.

If a team is stuck in their base while the enemy team is dominating, then your team could gain a buff like this to compensate. The buff could dissipate either when your team next captures a point or when your team controls more points than your opponents. Lorewise, if your nexus crystal begins to take damage too fast (like in the above situation) it enchants allied champions.
God no. Rubber banding is a pain as it is. And if I can get 10%cdr and 4%ms, I'll happily let you guys control both alters all game.

Orphane

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post

Adjust the global auras how? What stats can you bump for ap casters that won't skew the game in favor of champs that aren't AP carries?

CDR? That just means bruisers/tanks/support can itemize merc treads/tabi without losing the damage they would get from going Ionian's.

Mpen? Tanks and support dip in again, and in the worst case scenario building MR becomes useless like in the Black Cleaver meta.

AP? Hell, even most bruisers have AP ratios and it would probably benefit tanks more than anything,

CynicalGiant

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Adjust the global auras how? What stats can you bump for ap casters that won't skew the game in favor of champs that aren't AP carries?

CDR? That just means bruisers/tanks/support can itemize merc treads/tabi without losing the damage they would get from going Ionian's.

Mpen? Tanks and support dip in again, and in the worst case scenario building MR becomes useless like in the Black Cleaver meta.

AP? Hell, even most bruisers have AP ratios and it would probably benefit tanks more than anything,
Abilities that deal magic damage deal x% more damage?

Darkterror69

01-07-2013

I understand your thought process about these items, but I believe you're confusing the fact that they're must have items with them actually being overpowered. They do offer a lot, but I feel like the power level they provide for AP champs is similar to the power increase items like Sunfire Cape or Abyssal Scepter provide, let alone items like Bulwark or Locket of the Iron Solari. Seriously, if you feel like AP champs are overpowered BECAUSE of items like Wooglets and BFT, fine, but I have trouble guessing that you mean that.