Sup Nome, Wooglet's is OP for all the same reasons Zhonya's Ring was OP

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricedream5

01-05-2013

It's ok. If you want more damage, void staff will actually outdo it for cheaper. BFT is also a better buy for sure. If you want defense, rylai/roa will do better.
I actually don't like the cap. For most champions, void/bft/sorc shoes will do more damage than the cap. It only gives OK damage on champions with very high ap ratios, but since those are burst champions, they don't really want the armor/active that much since the cooldowns won't reset in 2.5s.
It is very OP on something like Katarina though, that can active, wait for people to die, then reset/kill the rest of your team.

SulfuricAcid

01-05-2013

The issue I have with Wooglets is that every mage has one. So you have to play assuming that all mages can become immune. Its not game breaking, but its annoying when every mage can do the same thing. It gives them the armor they need to protect themselves against all the brusiers and gives them damage to fight back so it'd be unwise not to buy it.

And on a personal experience, it hurts me when I play Kayle. Kayle's ultimate is pretty much only a noob trap where they keep trying to hurt you. Katarinas and Swains that know this can charge in like normal ( where I would win the trade and get a kill ), but now can go immune when I go immune on a pretty reliable cooldown. It becomes a game of whos going to press it first.

On summoner's rift, the Hourglass users certainly could be every mage, but its not. You got like Fiddlesticks and Katarina using it.

Tempestphile

01-05-2013

Wooglets is only not OP because needlessly large rod prevents it from being rushed

so guess what, reciepe changed on PBE

General Quackers

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulfuricAcid View Post
The issue I have with Wooglets is that every mage has one. So you have to play assuming that all mages can become immune. Its not game breaking, but its annoying when every mage can do the same thing. It gives them the armor they need to protect themselves against all the brusiers and gives them damage to fight back so it'd be unwise not to buy it.

And on a personal experience, it hurts me when I play Kayle. Kayle's ultimate is pretty much only a noob trap where they keep trying to hurt you. Katarinas and Swains that know this can charge in like normal ( where I would win the trade and get a kill ), but now can go immune when I go immune on a pretty reliable cooldown. It becomes a game of whos going to press it first.

On summoner's rift, the Hourglass users certainly could be every mage, but its not. You got like Fiddlesticks and Katarina using it.
Every squishy burst mage picks up a Zhonya's on SR. Even durable sustained casters like Vlad pick up Zhonya's.

Veni13

01-06-2013

Tbh I can't even remember the last time I got Wooglet's.

konfetarius

01-06-2013

Quote:
Wooglets is only not OP because needlessly large rod prevents it from being rushed

so guess what, reciepe changed on PBE
Hue. I sort of hope that change doesn't go through now, because that will probably result in the item itself getting nerfed stat wise down the road.

I thought about it, and I decided that Cap and new BFT are good things to have because Mages are sorely lacking in end-game items otherwise. Like, BFT change will make it overall weaker early-midgame (get it later, less AP for cost), but will help Mages not fall off late game (better slot efficiency, an high CDR offensive item).

XantheInsane

01-06-2013

In this letter, I plan to discuss Wooglet's's harebrained, putrid reportages quite extensively. Note that the details aren't pleasant. In fact, they're shocking. But I allege that people who don't know what Wooglet's is up to clearly need to be shocked. As this letter will make clear, Wooglet's's villainous, demented programs of Gleichschaltung guarantee us nothing other than slavery, savagery, and murder. I'll go further: Wooglet's keeps saying that it has the linguistic prowess to produce a masterwork of meritorious literature. For some reason, Wooglet's's coadjutors actually believe this nonsense.

I indeed doubt we could beat this into Wooglet's's head, but Wooglet's would have us believe that you and I are objects for it to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. Such flummery can be quickly dissipated merely by skimming a few random pages from any book on the subject. Wooglet's's indecent, perfidious expedients spell disaster, especially for the middle class. You don't need to be the smartest guy on the planet to figure that out. Heck, even the lowliest Joe Six-Pack knows that Wooglet's has vowed that sometime soon it'll make us too confused, demoralized, and disunited to put up an effective opposition to its plans for the future. This is hardly news; Wooglet's has been vowing that for months with the regularity of a metronome. What is news is that its bunco games should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes. I'm thinking of something along the lines of, "Warning: It has been determined that Wooglet's's antics are intended to discredit legitimate voices in the dogmatism debate."

It should be clear by this point that if you were to ask Wooglet's, it'd say that it doesn't remember condemning children to a life of drugs, gangs, drinking, rape, incest, verbal abuse, physical abuse, and a number of other horrors. Not only does Wooglet's have a very selective memory, but it has long been obvious to attentive observers that we deserve better than what we presently have. But did you know that I like to throw darts at Wooglet's's logo? Wooglet's doesn't want you to know that because it's trapped in a vicious cycle. The more opposition to its protests it faces, the more malignant it becomes. The more malignant it becomes, the more opposition to its protests it faces. Wooglet's claims that one can understand the elements of a scientific theory only by reference to the social condition and personal histories of the scientists involved. This is a very insane and unconstructive view and, moreover, is wrong in many ways.

While I am not attempting to argue openly in favor of any particular position, a colleague recently informed me that a bunch of barbaric stumblebums and others in Wooglet's's amen corner are about to submerge us in a sea of hucksterism. I have no reason to doubt that story because far too many people tolerate Wooglet's's traducements as long as they're presented in small, seemingly harmless doses. What these people fail to realize, however, is that Wooglet's should stop protesting against its weaknesses and shortcomings. Rather, it should forgive itself for them and seek to strengthen itself by facing its inimical fears. Then, perhaps, Wooglet's would stop battening on the credulity of the ignorant. For all of the foregoing reasons, I can confidently claim that Wooglet's doesn't want us to fight for what is right. It would rather we settle for the meatless bone of negativism.

Wooglet's is willing to promote truth and justice when it's convenient. But when it threatens its creature comforts, Wooglet's throws principle to the wind. Now, perhaps you think I'm imagining things. Perhaps you think that Wooglet's really isn't going to violate the basic tenets of journalism and scholarship. Well, I wish it were just my imagination. But you know, it acts as if it were King of the World. This hauteur is astonishing, staggering, and mind-boggling. While I claim that Wooglet's has every right to its eccentric opinions, cankered nabobs of escapism are like putty in its hands. Wooglet's effortlessly molds them into loyal yes-men who don't think twice about making my worst nightmares come true.

The biggest supporters of Wooglet's's illiberal fairy tales are obtrusive mountebanks and vicious serpents. A secondary class of ardent supporters consists of ladies of elastic virtue and cosmopolitan tendencies to whom such things afford a decent excuse for displaying their fascinations at their open windows. Those who have most injured and oppressed humanity, that have most deeply sinned against it, are, according to Wooglet's's standards and conscience, good people. Apparently, bad people are those who have noticed that Wooglet's's assault on free speech was not mounted in a few weeks. Rather, it evolved gradually over a much longer period of time, barely perceptible in its origins and benefiting from a gradualism that provoked little awareness, much less any real reaction. That's why it is now the time to yank up the most stroppy spouters I've ever seen from the dark rocks under which they hide and flaunt them before the bright sunshine of public exposure.

If you want to clear up these muddied waters with some reality, then tell everyone you know the truth, that Wooglet's says that it does the things it does "for the children". Hey, Wooglet's, how about telling us the truth for once? Wooglet's maintains that the cure for evil is more evil. Perhaps it would be best for it to awaken from its delusional, narcoleptic fantasyland and observe that we must stop tiptoeing and begin marching boldly and forthrightly towards our goal, which is to call your attention to the problem of abhorrent slumlords. Here, I am merely trying to advance the opinion that it seems that no one else is telling you that Wooglet's's sycophants are blissfully ignorant of its reckless ruderies. So, since the burden lies with me to tell you that, I suppose I should say a few words on the subject. To begin with, I'll admit that Wooglet's's rhetoric is occasionally decorous. However, its delusions are just as ripe and far more lethal than those of the incorrigible, disgusting twits who insist that ethical responsibility is merely a trammel of earthbound mortals and should not be required of a demigod like it.

Wooglet's expects us to behave like passive sheep. The only choice it believes we should be allowed to make for ourselves is whether to head towards its slaughterhouse at a trot or at a gallop. Wooglet's indubitably doesn't want us choosing to stick to the facts and offer only those arguments that can be supported by those facts. Wooglet's used to maintain that the purpose of life is self-gratification. However, after my last letter so eloquently put a lie to that, Wooglet's and its adulators have busily if rather quietly gone to work on their palinodes—amending here, canceling there, and generally trying to conceal the fact that Wooglet's is an unpleasant liar. Let's list some of Wooglet's's more irresponsible lies: First, it claims that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and brassbound menaces. Second, it insists that we should avoid personal responsibility. And third, it wants us to believe that its agendas prevent smallpox. I presented that list to get you to see that if we let Wooglet's don the mantel of larrikinism and kill the messenger and control the message, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization.

I cannot believe how many actual, physical, breathing, thinking people have fallen for Wooglet's's subterfuge. I'm entirely stunned. I'm not a daffy person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Wooglet's's loyalists and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to look into the future and consider what will happen if we let Wooglet's open the gates of Hell. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather lower scholastic standards because that's what Wooglet's wants.

As our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the kinds of people Wooglet's preys upon. The important point here is not that Wooglet's is bound to have a rude awakening when it finally realizes how few people approve of its fatuitous taradiddles. The vital matter is that Wooglet's likes making excessive use of foul language. That's the most damnable thing about it. It's also why Wooglet's says that it's a saintly figure—philanthropic, noble, and wise. Such verbal gems teach us that while Wooglet's has been busy composing odes to deconstructionism, a small group of dedicated individuals I know have been working hard to lift the fog from Wooglet's's thinking. An equal but opposite observation is that Wooglet's's admirers were recently seen crippling Wooglet's's opponents politically, economically, socially, morally, and psychologically. That's not a one-time accident or oversight. That's Wooglet's's policy. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this letter one last time. First, like other cheeky avaricious-types, Wooglet's has a finely honed ability to condone universal oppression. Second, it advertises its strict morality solely to shift attention away from its many vices. And finally, it utilizes its silver tongue to beguile and obfuscate genuine rhetorical exchanges of finely cogitated thought.

Phourc

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulfuricAcid View Post
And every mage gets a deathcap on SR - so they're all unfortunately balanced around it. Making it powerful to the point where everyone buys it makes sense considering the balance point

General Quackers

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
And every mage gets a deathcap on SR - so they're all unfortunately balanced around it. Making it powerful to the point where everyone buys it makes sense considering the balance point
The problem with Wooglet's isn't that it boosts a mage's damage. The problem is that it's been combined with what is arguably the best defensive mage build in the game, a Zhonya's Hourglass. So the end result is an item that offers mages both the largest raw burst damage increase and best defensive active in one build.

There are more than a few responses by people saying they hardly ever build it when they play mages on Dom. Frankly, these people are being "bads" if this is true.

Phourc

01-07-2013

Well, in dominion everyone has to build a bit tankier than in other modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
There are more than a few responses by people saying they hardly ever build it when they play mages on Dom. Frankly, these people are being "bads" if this is true.
Not entirely, the top strata of AP characters is currently anyone who can abuse the BFT proc. A bit of pen and you're doing basically true damage to anyone who hasn't built MR yet, so why bother with scaling when you can just grab some cdr and beef up?

Case in point: I just saw a teemo 100-0 my teammate who was coming to gank him with two shrooms. Teemo had BFT and sorcs.

123456 ... 7