Why Tristed Treeline sucks even more than it did before.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dundai

Senior Member

01-05-2013

1. Oh your base is under attack? Here lets walk around this wall we conveniently put around your base so by time you even react to your turret being attacked, it's already down.

Sure in the old one you could walk back to your spawn, heal up, and rejoin the fight real quick. If you were trying to eliminate this, then you achieved this totally wrong. You're kicking the losing team while they're down.

2. Ooo, Altars. Lets pick Jax, or Nidalee, or Akali, or... Any Hybrid is subjected to double bonus. Seems fair. I like hitting 300s with no items at level 1 with Jax. It makes me feel like I actually know how to play this game. (thumbs up)

On top of that, you're just allowing the winning team to snowball even harder. The losing team has little chance to take back an altar.

3. Dragon now replaced with something useless.

Usually, when you had the temporary advantage you would go kill Dragon and get his nice buff. Now you attempt to kill Spiderman, leave half dead, and gain... Pretty much nothing. The losing team has little utility to come back.

4. Wards? Nope.

You've effectively cut out playing smart, and you're just pushing for aimlessly team roaming with Bruisers to murder the other team. Even better, you have routes to behind the laner on top, while still in front of the turret. That way, the only way for top to play safe is to effectively gain no gold, and huddle under the turret, hoping that a level 5 bruiser doesn't come from behind and tank the turret and kill you, then walk away relatively unharmed.


TL;DR: Brusiers. We don't know how to make 3s require strategy, so let's just buff the broken and call it intended.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d11ab77ad185856b3d67

Senior Member

01-05-2013

we know and report 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundai View Post
1. Oh your base is under attack? Here lets walk around this wall we conveniently put around your base so by time you even react to your turret being attacked, it's already down.

Sure in the old one you could walk back to your spawn, heal up, and rejoin the fight real quick. If you were trying to eliminate this, then you achieved this totally wrong. You're kicking the losing team while they're down.
It's not like it takes that long to get back. Most people run with flash anyways...which will get you over the wall. Plenty of champs have abilities that will get you over the wall. Calm down, Bucky.

Quote:
2. Ooo, Altars. Lets pick Jax, or Nidalee, or Akali, or... Any Hybrid is subjected to double bonus. Seems fair. I like hitting 300s with no items at level 1 with Jax. It makes me feel like I actually know how to play this game. (thumbs up)

On top of that, you're just allowing the winning team to snowball even harder. The losing team has little chance to take back an altar.
No, it isn't that hard to get an altar, and they really aren't that much of a buff. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

The ony reason max would even do that at level 1 is if you lost the level 1 team fight. And if you do that, they deserve the altars...but you should also just play more passive until you can get your altar back.

Quote:
3. Dragon now replaced with something useless.

Usually, when you had the temporary advantage you would go kill Dragon and get his nice buff. Now you attempt to kill Spiderman, leave half dead, and gain... Pretty much nothing. The losing team has little utility to come back.
I do think vilemaws buff could be stronger for the damage she puts out early on...but as the game progresses, she's soloable...therefore the buff is fine.

Quote:
4. Wards? Nope.

You've effectively cut out playing smart, and you're just pushing for aimlessly team roaming with Bruisers to murder the other team. Even better, you have routes to behind the laner on top, while still in front of the turret. That way, the only way for top to play safe is to effectively gain no gold, and huddle under the turret, hoping that a level 5 bruiser doesn't come from behind and tank the turret and kill you, then walk away relatively unharmed.
Or, use map awareness.

Quote:
TL;DR: Brusiers. We don't know how to make 3s require strategy, so let's just buff the broken and call it intended.
No, it just requires different strategy than before, but you don't like this strategy so you complain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lachrimae

Senior Member

01-05-2013

I agree about the altars. I just don't like them. They don't offer too much... I mean, what's fun about standing on something for a while. Not really any cool animations for my eyes, and you can just go back to base while you do it. Just give everyone more passive farm money anyways- the altars are just dumb, especially that the second one gives you a bonus. The second one should give you something else, at least.

I agree about wards, they would be nice for campers. Otherwise, I have to say that in this TT, you KNOW when a gank is coming. Ganks, not a problem. Camping? A problem. Helps people snowball.

They made the dragon remake way stronger because the game is faster, and you tend to get later game builds than in the old TT (as far as I think). The buff is nothing special, but it also makes it so there is no "dragon control = game control," which was a little imbalanced.

The base thing is so there can't be wall flashes to finish the game (this has helped me win plenty of 3s, even a very heated ranked match that lasted 50 minutes).

Bruisers is the meta... or you can successfully put a super carry in there, AP or AD, and build them somewhat tanky. But in 5s, if your whole team were carries and you had 1 tank, you would probably lose, unless the other team never initiated. 3 bruiser-ey, tanky people in 5s will help you win the match. Generally 4 people get tanky in 5s, everyone but the ADC. This ratio makes sense carried over to threes, and even exaggerated a bit since teamfights are generally 3v3 and there are quick initiations.

In the end, I like the old TT. I was a little mad about the walls making some characters way too viable (why was ezreal less of a risk to play than caitlyn?)
I was also tired of there being a dragon controller, which constantly gave their team a free kill's worth of gold every 5 mins or so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nevermorezorz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-05-2013

I agree with the post two above this one. It's just a different strategy, and while using 3 bruisers is still good, AP champs are a lot more useful on this map than the old one. It's not supposed to be the same as the old one OP. Calm down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundai View Post
1. Oh your base is under attack? Here lets walk around this wall we conveniently put around your base so by time you even react to your turret being attacked, it's already down.

Sure in the old one you could walk back to your spawn, heal up, and rejoin the fight real quick. If you were trying to eliminate this, then you achieved this totally wrong. You're kicking the losing team while they're down.

2. Ooo, Altars. Lets pick Jax, or Nidalee, or Akali, or... Any Hybrid is subjected to double bonus. Seems fair. I like hitting 300s with no items at level 1 with Jax. It makes me feel like I actually know how to play this game. (thumbs up)

On top of that, you're just allowing the winning team to snowball even harder. The losing team has little chance to take back an altar.

3. Dragon now replaced with something useless.

Usually, when you had the temporary advantage you would go kill Dragon and get his nice buff. Now you attempt to kill Spiderman, leave half dead, and gain... Pretty much nothing. The losing team has little utility to come back.

4. Wards? Nope.

You've effectively cut out playing smart, and you're just pushing for aimlessly team roaming with Bruisers to murder the other team. Even better, you have routes to behind the laner on top, while still in front of the turret. That way, the only way for top to play safe is to effectively gain no gold, and huddle under the turret, hoping that a level 5 bruiser doesn't come from behind and tank the turret and kill you, then walk away relatively unharmed.


TL;DR: Brusiers. We don't know how to make 3s require strategy, so let's just buff the broken and call it intended.
1. Flash. Nuff said. An open fountain would just encourage easier turtling, a prominent problem in the old TT.

2. 10% is so small early game that it doesn't really matter. Jax is pretty much the only hybrid that's hard to counter. Akali and Nid are very easy to shut down early game.

3. While I do agree that the Vilemaw buff duration should be extended, I wholly disagree with the notion of it's buff being useless. That buff in my personal experience has been crucial to winning some late game teamfights.

4. The map is so small that wards would just either be a "Who destroys the Pink Ward first" fest or it would rule out aggressive play. 2 Grez checks will usually give me a good hint to where the enemy is. It's easier to keep map aware in now due to the positioning of everything.

TLDR: IMHO, the map would have to be fundamentally changed to allow for a more open range of champs (ADC's, APC's...). Threes has always been about bruisers and I don't think that can or will change in the near future.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendAwaknd

Senior Member

01-05-2013

the new tt only sucks and is awesome at the same time because AP champions are not as op as they used to be and AD champs have a chance to shine again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendAwaknd

Senior Member

01-05-2013

I also have to mention that it used to take me 3-5 minutes for me to join the old TT game and now it only takes me 30 seconds to a minute.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdsinc View Post
1. Flash. Nuff said. An open fountain would just encourage easier turtling, a prominent problem in the old TT.

2. 10% is so small early game that it doesn't really matter. Jax is pretty much the only hybrid that's hard to counter. Akali and Nid are very easy to shut down early game.

3. While I do agree that the Vilemaw buff duration should be extended, I wholly disagree with the notion of it's buff being useless. That buff in my personal experience has been crucial to winning some late game teamfights.

4. The map is so small that wards would just either be a "Who destroys the Pink Ward first" fest or it would rule out aggressive play. 2 Grez checks will usually give me a good hint to where the enemy is. It's easier to keep map aware in now due to the positioning of everything.

TLDR: IMHO, the map would have to be fundamentally changed to allow for a more open range of champs (ADC's, APC's...). Threes has always been about bruisers and I don't think that can or will change in the near future.
I've found it's quite the opposite with Nidalee.

I think she is much easier to counter later on in teamfights.
You have to kind of be careful around her early, epecially if she's going AD.
Her auto-attacks hurt, then she does tons of burst damage as soon as she hits 6.

AD Nid with Sheen true terror.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
I've found it's quite the opposite with Nidalee.

I think she is much easier to counter later on in teamfights.
You have to kind of be careful around her early, epecially if she's going AD.
Her auto-attacks hurt, then she does tons of burst damage as soon as she hits 6.

AD Nid with Sheen true terror.
I've counted quite a few Nids by just building an early aegis and Warden's mail/Wit's end depending on how she builds. Sure her Q's still hurt when they hit, but I was Lee Sin, the master of dodging :P Her pre 6 is pretty weak though, with no cougar she can be forced to burn her flash and then reganked for the kill easily.


12