Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like to see similar system implemented in game?

Yes 1 33.33%
No 0 0%
I would like an improved system but I feel this is not the solution. 2 66.67%
Voters 3 .

[Suggestion] Chat Moderation/Ownership.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Versedian

01-05-2013

Request.
The ability for a user to purchase ownership of a Chat Channel and additional Moderation slots.

I.E.
2000 RP - User can purchase Channel Operator for channel "Blarg".
750 RP - Users or Channel Operator in channel "Blarg" could purchase Moderation Slots for the Channel Operator to assign to users.

With the ability for a user to purchase Ownership it would allow for a user/website community to establish a channel that they could moderate with their own set of rules. Additional Moderation slots would be up to the Channel Operators preference.

Channel Opperator Commands

/Kick
Function: Kicks the user from the channel for 60 seconds.
Usage: /Kick %username% %message%
Example: /Kick Versedian *Warning: Do type in all caps and do not use abusive language.*
(Sidenote: Only the user that is kicked will see the message)

/Ban
Function: Bans the users Summoner name and IP address indefinitely until the username is unbanned.
Usage: /Ban %username% %message%
Example: /Ban Versedian *You did not follow the channel rules after being warned by a kick.*
(Sidenote: IP will not be visible to Channel Owners/Mods and to unban the users IP you simply have to unban the username that was banned.)

/Unban
Function: Unbans the Username and IP associated with the first ban.
Usage: /Unban %username%
Example: /unban Versedian

/Mod
Function: Allows the Channel Operator to assign a moderation Slot to a user.
Usage: /Mod %username%

/Unmod:
Function: Allows the Channel Operator to remove the Moderation abilities from a user.
Usage: /Unmod %username%

/Mods
Function: allows the Channel Operator to see the ammount of Moderation Slots and the Moderators assigned to them.
Usage: /Mods
Display Text after /Mods is entered into Chat:

"Available slots: 3"
"Used slots: 2"
"Moderator List."
1). User 1
2). User 2
3). Unused

/MinLevel
Function: Allows the Channel Operator to set a minimum level.
Usage: /MinLevel %level%
Example: /MinLevel 10
(sidenote) Would prevent Proxy Bots making multiple level 1 accounts to spam channels and would prevent those with Dynamic IP Addresses from flooding with sub-accounts if their main account got banned.

/AfkTimer
Function: Would allow the owner to set a time limit for players to remain afk in the chat room. (Based on last message in the room not PC idle)
Usage: /AfkTimer %seconds%
Example: /AfkTimer 300
The Example would apply a 5 minute since last text in chat room afk auto-kick with an auto-message of (Auto-AFK Was Enabled in %channel name% for %seconds%.) Sidenote: Would not apply the 60 second restriction that /kick does.

Feel free to discuss your opinion (good or bad) and comment on which commands you like/dislike or ones you feel would be a good addition to the list. Also post potential flaws that would happen in real world situations; I.e. ways to circumvent MinLevel/Ban to spam a room.

I'm interested in seeing what the community thinks about this.