[Riot - New idea] Role Selection and the Queue

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerk9003

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Riot doesn't do anything with this idea because it is stupid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaggath

Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk9003 View Post
Riot doesn't do anything with this idea because it is stupid
Anything more than "this is stupid" ? I'd like to hear any sort of reason why this would be bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggath View Post
Anything more than "this is stupid" ? I'd like to hear any sort of reason why this would be bad.

Here's 21 pages full of pros and cons on "your" idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adarkness

Junior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Here's 21 pages full of pros and cons on "your" idea.
Relax not like he was trying to step on your feet .
.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaggath

Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Here's 21 pages full of pros and cons on "your" idea.
Yes, you want to be the owner of one mega thread on this idea. Sometimes in the world more than one person can have a unique idea.
I do not like your mega thread idea. There's too much information to be of use. Additionally, my post if my perspective on my (the) idea. I'm sorry you have taken personal offense to it. Your continued posts are just showcasing your immaturity and degrade your credibility for the silly post you keep linking.

Here's your clear motivation, a direct quote ->
"Maybe I can keep this thread bumped enough so that new threads will die more quickly and the discussion will move over here."

Are you really helping the community or just hoarding posts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggath View Post
Yes, you want to be the owner of one mega thread on this idea. Sometimes in the world more than one person can have a unique idea.
I do not like your mega thread idea. There's too much information to be of use. Additionally, my post if my perspective on my (the) idea. I'm sorry you have taken personal offense to it. Your continued posts are just showcasing your immaturity and degrade your credibility for the silly post you keep linking.

Here's your clear motivation, a direct quote ->
"Maybe I can keep this thread bumped enough so that new threads will die more quickly and the discussion will move over here."

Are you really helping the community or just hoarding posts?
There are two things to think about here. One, if all the posts are in different areas, then not everybody has access to all the same information. On the other hand, if it's in one area, everyone is clearing speaking from the same knowledge and will not be, generally, repeating information.

Two, if all the posts are in different areas, it's easier to digest the given information. If they're in the same area, then there's more reading to do to make sure you're not rehashing what's already been said and discussed.

Which is the worse con? Clearly the first one. I don't want to come on these forums and have the same discussion (see: Elo hell, role queueing, I'm a better player than my teammates why is my Elo so low I'm carrying every game, Why isn't there a winter map, and other such favorites) day in, day out. So we try to condense these large subjects into one "mega-thread" so that we can go to that thread and have an intelligent discussion with people who are concerned about either side of the argument, rather than having 15 threads by 15 different people with just us commenting on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwagingKorean

Junior Member

01-05-2013

i like pie.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggath View Post
Are you really helping the community
Yes.

For starters YOU alone are not the community. I understand that YOU felt that your idea was so unique that it REQUIRED a new thread, but that's not the feelings of the community.

If the feelings of the community (more specifically, the community that makes up the SR forum) agreed with you, the thread I created would never have reached 21 pages. I posted in that thread a lot sure, but that thread isn't 21 pages because I've been spamming it with bumps. It's 21 pages because people have been discussing this idea in that thread for 21 pages.

As it turns out, the community is kind of interested in having a serious discussion on this issue. It also turns out that they're NOT interested in seeing YET ANOTHER thread on the same tired topic day after day after day. This topic was posted multiple times daily before I created that thread. New threads on the topic are still posted every so often by people like you who refuse to even bother looking on the first page (nevermind use the search feature) to see if their idea had been suggested already (when you created this thread, my thread was about 12th-15th in the list, you didn't have to look THAT hard), but they're more rare now.

And what happens with these new threads that are created by people like you on the topic?

They get a page or two, mostly the OP telling everyone how great his idea is while nearly everyone else who posts in the thread disagrees with him. And the thread will last maybe 2 days, and it dies out.

And that's not happening because my thread exists. This was happening to these threads BEFORE I created my thread.

Threads on this topic have been posted several times weekly for at least as long as I've been coming to the forums (WAY longer than the age of my 21-page post). As far as I know, Riot has never replied to any of these small threads. THIS approach IS NOT working. All that this approach is accomplishing is forum clutter.

Why do I need to explain all the pros and cons to this thread and the 20 other threads on the same topic that will crop up this month alone? Why do I have to do that on an individual basis for every special little flower like you that feels the need to create his own thread on the topic?

It's like you've come here wanting to discuss a specific champion, and I link you to the LoL Wiki, and you say "No, that website has too much information to be useful."

Why do I have to go to the website and copy and paste all the information over here for you? Why can't you just go look at the website?


So the thread exists because myself and other forum regulars are tired of explaining this same stuff over and over and over and over again. As you can see, there have been 34 at least 34 threads on this topic since October 30th. This is ONLY a count of threads that have been on the first page since October 30th that I have personally seen. It's highly likely that there have been plenty I have missed since I'm not on the forums 24/7.

So 34 threads in what, 67 days? That's one every other day.

I'm not going to go through the pros and cons in a new thread every other day with a new person every other day. I've already had that discussion.


There's a 21-page thread on the topic with plenty of debate on the pros and cons, and I'd love to have you as part of the discussion as well, but when/if Riot decides to address the issue, I'll bet you anything that the first Red post shows up in my thread, not yours, or any of the other threads that my thread links to.

And why? Because my 21-page thread is a massive collection of people who are both for and against the idea. It's the best collaborative discussion on any idea that Summoner's Rift has ever seen. If YOU want to take part in the community discussion on this topic, your best bet is to join the rest of the community over there, in that thread.

I'm not even asking you to read all 21 pages. Heck, for all I care, copy and paste your original post and tack it to the end of that thread, and someone will reply. There's a bit of repetition in the thread as new people join the discussion, but there's also a lot more progress on the discussion of this topic than ANY of the other small threads that crop up regarding this idea have ever hoped to achieve.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBreaze

Junior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Yes.

For starters YOU alone are not the community. I understand that YOU felt that your idea was so unique that it REQUIRED a new thread, but that's not the feelings of the community.

If the feelings of the community (more specifically, the community that makes up the SR forum) agreed with you, the thread I created would never have reached 21 pages. I posted in that thread a lot sure, but that thread isn't 21 pages because I've been spamming it with bumps. It's 21 pages because people have been discussing this idea in that thread for 21 pages.

As it turns out, the community is kind of interested in having a serious discussion on this issue. It also turns out that they're NOT interested in seeing YET ANOTHER thread on the same tired topic day after day after day. This topic was posted multiple times daily before I created that thread. New threads on the topic are still posted every so often by people like you who refuse to even bother looking on the first page (nevermind use the search feature) to see if their idea had been suggested already (when you created this thread, my thread was about 12th-15th in the list, you didn't have to look THAT hard), but they're more rare now.

And what happens with these new threads that are created by people like you on the topic?

They get a page or two, mostly the OP telling everyone how great his idea is while nearly everyone else who posts in the thread disagrees with him. And the thread will last maybe 2 days, and it dies out.

And that's not happening because my thread exists. This was happening to these threads BEFORE I created my thread.

Threads on this topic have been posted several times weekly for at least as long as I've been coming to the forums (WAY longer than the age of my 21-page post). As far as I know, Riot has never replied to any of these small threads. THIS approach IS NOT working. All that this approach is accomplishing is forum clutter.

Why do I need to explain all the pros and cons to this thread and the 20 other threads on the same topic that will crop up this month alone? Why do I have to do that on an individual basis for every special little flower like you that feels the need to create his own thread on the topic?

It's like you've come here wanting to discuss a specific champion, and I link you to the LoL Wiki, and you say "No, that website has too much information to be useful."

Why do I have to go to the website and copy and paste all the information over here for you? Why can't you just go look at the website?


So the thread exists because myself and other forum regulars are tired of explaining this same stuff over and over and over and over again. As you can see, there have been 34 at least 34 threads on this topic since October 30th. This is ONLY a count of threads that have been on the first page since October 30th that I have personally seen. It's highly likely that there have been plenty I have missed since I'm not on the forums 24/7.

So 34 threads in what, 67 days? That's one every other day.

I'm not going to go through the pros and cons in a new thread every other day with a new person every other day. I've already had that discussion.


There's a 21-page thread on the topic with plenty of debate on the pros and cons, and I'd love to have you as part of the discussion as well, but when/if Riot decides to address the issue, I'll bet you anything that the first Red post shows up in my thread, not yours, or any of the other threads that my thread links to.

And why? Because my 21-page thread is a massive collection of people who are both for and against the idea. It's the best collaborative discussion on any idea that Summoner's Rift has ever seen. If YOU want to take part in the community discussion on this topic, your best bet is to join the rest of the community over there, in that thread.

I'm not even asking you to read all 21 pages. Heck, for all I care, copy and paste your original post and tack it to the end of that thread, and someone will reply. There's a bit of repetition in the thread as new people join the discussion, but there's also a lot more progress on the discussion of this topic than ANY of the other small threads that crop up regarding this idea have ever hoped to achieve.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432
Upvoted for common sense in a forum.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaggath

Member

01-06-2013

Bump

Lets get this thread on topic and away from the forum volunteer police.


123