150 elo from 1 ranked? What's the factor that determines elo gain per match?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

I've seen people in their placement matches get 30 elo, 50 elo or even up to 150 elo just now from 1 match(just last match with 1 win just straight from 1250 to 1406).

What's up with that? It's not KDA that's for sure. But what is it then that gives you such elo boosts? It doesn't seem to be gold gain or cs. Is it objectives?
Is it maybe if a player is supposed to lose a match cause it weren't enough players available to form a fair match-up and if he carries his team after all, that he gains that huge extra elo?

Ahriman1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

There are a bunch of factors. One is elo distribution of each team. If your team has a higher elo than the enemy team, you are going to get less elo if you win, and lose more if you lose. Another is the side of the map that you are on. If you are on the bottom side of the map you win less elo, and lose more, this is because it is actually easier to win on blue side.

Not sure if there are more subtle nuances, or if there are even rng factors in effect, but those two are observable.

SteelerKing

01-05-2013

Bump.
ヽ(๏∀๏ )ノ

SchierkeWiking

01-05-2013

You gain/lose more Elo from your first 50 matches.

I think the effect is even bigger for your first 10 (placement) matches.

Fapotu

01-05-2013

Look at the people your going against. Most likely you were against much higher elo players.

SteelerKing

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fapotu View Post
Look at the people your going against. Most likely you were against much higher elo players.
That last match we had from S2 3 silver elos on our team, me as unranked and a gold rank.

The enemy had 2 unranked's and 3 bronze from S2.

I know that somehow you gain more elo if your enemies are supposedly higher but that still doesn't explain why every 5 of us gained different amounts of elo respectively for that match.