Hey I've got a sweet idea for a new champ that combats the rise of AD caster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Navy Pheonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

A character that has a means of reducing armor penetration used on him/ a massive amount of base armor but with terrible magic resist.

He becomes extremely popular as a means of countering most AD casters w/ black cleaver and his lack of magic resist makes AP casters popular because they are the only thing that can counter him.

OR

Maybe he does extra damage to enemies who have armor penetration! 0.o that would be sweet.

Redeemed Rivên

01-05-2013

I can already think of an anti bruiser ap that "negates" the effects of armor pen by having a shield that takes in true damage.

Cloud Potato

01-05-2013

No. It's ignoring the problem, that people are misinformed about the effects of Penetration compared to other stats.

Navy Pheonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Rivn View Post
I can already think of an anti bruiser ap that "negates" the effects of armor pen by having a shield that takes in true damage.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "true damage shield", but this more about armor pen and less about Darius. Even if I hate him.

Coulombe

01-05-2013

AP carries just need to be better. Some item buffs will take care of that.

Until then, reports claim that Heimerdinger counters every AD caster mid.

Redeemed Rivên

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pheonix View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "true damage shield", but this more about armor pen and less about Darius. Even if I hate him.
Morde gains a shield when he does damage with spells. Whenever somebody attacks him it removes "health" from his shield. Because his shield takes in true damage armor pen has no effect on him.

My post wasn't about Darius at all.

SnoWolf x

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentySix View Post
AP carries just need to be better. Some item buffs will take care of that.

Until then, reports claim that Heimerdinger counters every AD caster mid.
I can actually see that working.. lol..

Cloud Potato

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Rivn View Post
Morde gains a shield when he does damage with spells. Whenever somebody attacks him it removes "health" from his shield. Because his shield takes in true damage armor pen has no effect on him.

My post wasn't about Darius at all.
True damage is not affected by Armor or Magic Resist. Unless you mean that because his Armor is being lowered enough to take true damage, in which case you're still wrong, since without the penetration you would be taking less damage to the shield.

Kirvinn

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pheonix View Post
Maybe he does extra damage to enemies who have armor penetration! 0.o that would be sweet.
Thornmail

Kinvaras666

01-05-2013

This thread is now about Darius.