A little discussion on pro teams cheating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MlSeRyTheSLAYER

01-05-2013

First of all, hello. I am sure you do not know me here, because this is my oldest account and I play on the Europe servers since they were created. I wanted to discuss with you guys the punishments of the pro teams/players who were caught cheating.
Azubu Frost - caught cheating and gathering vital information about the game, thus avoiding a level 1 fight that could have gone very bad for them. Punishment - 30 000 $ fine.
Absolute Legends ghosted the stream on a tournament. Punishment - they were kicked from the organization and they are forbidden to play in any Season 3 tournaments.
IWillDominate is forbidden to take part in any Season 3 events because he is a toxic player in solo queue.
So for one team cheating the punishment is a mere 30 000 $, while the other team cheating is basically done with?
I know that AL's cheating had a greater scale, but should this matter? It is still cheating. Because if you are caught with a small piece of paper which contains valuable information during an exam, or with 10 pieces of paper that have everything written on them, you will still be in the same kind of trouble.
I would also love a red post here.

MlSeRyTheSLAYER

01-05-2013

bump

Li7hium oOo

01-05-2013

Riot's logic, do I need to say more?

Let me go straight to the point.
1) Azubu has a greater reputation compared to Absolute Legends so that's something that influenced their decision (badly, IMO).

2) Another thing you should take into account is the fact that Azubu cheated the biggest tournament that Riot labeled "would change the way e-sports are seen".
With their decision Riot showed everyone they are not ready to take e-sports to the next level nor are they consistent with their punishments. Like you said, it doesn't matter if you are caught with 1 or 10 pieces of paper during a test, you'll get punished the same way.

3) As for Absolute Legends and IWillDominate's punishments I agree with Riot on this matter. IWillDominate deserved his lifetime ban and both of them deserved to get banned from S3. However, and looking to what happened on the AZF case, shouldn't the later also have the same kind of punishment?

But like I said at the beginning, Riot's logic. Who can ever understand what they do...

iMRts

01-05-2013

involving frost is controversial, that tournament had many cheating scenarios involving other teams, including tsm and they got away.
pls quote those too if ur goal is to stir up fights.

MlSeRyTheSLAYER

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
involving frost is controversial, that tournament had many cheating scenarios involving other teams, including tsm and they got away.
Every other team's cheating had absolutely no impact on the game.

Vamp13

01-05-2013

this is so 2 months ago, why the **** is this topic not closed yet?

LolSpinal

01-05-2013

Did you come in a time machine?

Teeird

01-05-2013

Nevermind how many times Dyrus/Xpecial kept looking at the global map.

Casual Kitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

I'm pretty sure everyone knew, including riot, that tsm was a joke and would've been eliminated in group stages if they actually competed in them. The cheating had almost 0 chance of actually doing anything meaningful considering the giant skillgap between the two teams.

Also Riot put a giant minimap on the corners of the huge screen behind the players and assumed a misplaced wall would block the view.

Another thing you should probably take into account is that $30,000 is alooooot of money. Absolute legends might not even make that much in prize money even if they were allowed to play in every tournament.

Li7hium oOo

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
Well, considering the other teams ended up losing anyway I thought I didn't need to mention them but if it makes you feel better both WE and AZF shouldn't be allowed to participate in S3.

As for TSM, what I saw was dyrus complaining to an official about AZF looking at the minimap and pointing to the screen to show the official (that later came to the forum to say that nothing wrong happened. priceless to say the least). But if there is also proof that they benefited from cheating, by all means, they should also be forbidden to participate in S3.

What I am defending here is the same punishment for similar actions. You are caught cheating, get banned for a complete season. You are deemed toxic to the community and you don't change your behaviour, get all your accounts banned and unable to participate in a complete season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Dinosaur View Post
Another thing you should probably take into account is that $30,000 is alooooot of money. Absolute legends might not even make that much in prize money even if they were allowed to play in every tournament.
You forgot to mention that those 30000$ were deducted from a 250000$ prize money. That makes it a bit less significant don't you think? If they had to pay 30000$ and not being allowed to get the 250000$ prize, that would actually make it a punishment.