Do these games deserve a ban?

No. 9 14.75%
No, and I appreciate your well-written explanation. 5 8.20%
Yes, because I like to troll vote. 47 77.05%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

@RIOT: This does NOT deserve a ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMDphreak

01-05-2013

Title: @RIOT: This does NOT deserve a ban

Too long; didn't read:
I was harassed in these games, and I GET BANNED? Your Tribunal is broken as all get out, and your community is going to hell in a handbasket, because the instigators and harassers are reporting the people who are being harassed! People are ABUSING the reports. And your brilliant statisticians didn't see this coming? Try hiring behavioral scientists and logicians, instead of statisticians. They will show you the error of your ways.

And yeah: You're damn right this makes me angry. I am justly angered by this. Not only are these players abusing the reports, RIOT is abusing its customer base, by continuing this experimental theft, where they take people's money and then let trolls ban them from the game.

Also this ban perfectly demonstrates that the Tribunal system is populated with people who have ZERO grasp of the Summoner's Code, let alone the in-game situations. In none of these instances would my behavior be considered unwarranted or a consistent problem. The Tribunal is supposed to ban for consistent unwarranted bad behavior. I do not show bad behavior unless provoked (where I am defending myself), and I certainly don't show consistent bad behavior.

@RIOT @Tribunal:

You should be ashamed of yourselves. And you should remove this ban from my account and give me redress for this wrong. To be honest, RIOT should be sued for abusing its customer base. The Tribunal is a failure, and it needs to be discontinued. I can deal with people who trash talk in game on my own. If RIOT wants to do something about feeders and leavers, they should be using REPLAYS, not chat logs, and they should have LoL professionals reviewing the games, not untrained monkeys from the general population. We all know that the general population has an enormous amount of unintelligent people. Indeed, 50% of the general population has less than 100 IQ, and a whopping majority of the populace is not logical. It is well-documented that people assume too much about a situation, and they don't watch out for their own biases, when judging. People are prone to succumb to a bias called the Fundamental Attribution Error. This means that juries (essentially a panel of judges like the Tribunal) are just as likely to make a bad decision as a good decision, because they can't truly tell the difference between situational factors and the person's internal or dispositional factors. Here's a definition:

"The fundamental attribution error, also called the correspondence bias, describes the tendency for observer’s to attribute other people’s behavior to internal or dispositional factors and to downplay situational causes (Gilbert & Malone, 1995)."
http://www.psychwiki.com/wiki/The_Fu...ribution_Error

The Fundamental Attribution Error is precisely why a jury is given days and weeks of time to go over the details of a criminal case in the Criminal Justice System of the United States, and yet they still frequently make mistakes.

Long version:

Here's my case link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6107316/#nogo

Here's a link to an organized collection of LoL Replays with the reported games in question:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0By...dnUDhTZXc/edit

All of these games had people who harassed me, then reported me.

Every single game, it was a SINGLE report. Obviously, the reporter just wanted to be a jerk and stick me in the Tribunal system, they weren't righting a wrong. They were abusing the report system! Do you want to guess why nobody else reported me in game? Everyone else knew that the reports couldn't be taken seriously. Multiple people threatened to report me in a few of these games, yet only one reported me in each, because the other people knew their reports would be frivolous and inaccurate, and it would ruin the credibility of their future reports.

Game #1:

Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2668005/
Spectator Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2668008/

The enemy Darius was an instigator. His behavior should have been punished. He taunted our team with a GG NOOBS. He doesn't say "noob", but his intent was there, and you can tell it by using linguistic analysis and logic.

Darius [All] [00:35:01] you didnt kite ****.
Darius [All] [00:35:11] you got ****ted on
Ezreal [All] [00:35:15] fish
Nidalee [00:35:17] maldita!
Nidalee [00:35:38] odio a esa puta.
Darius [All] [00:35:52] come at me.
Darius [All] [00:38:41] gg
Ezreal [All] [00:39:27] gg noob yourself

Anyone who says "gg" after being an *******, as seen above, is not saying "Good Game, guys, let's all be friends". He's saying "Good Game, Noobs, I am obviously more skilled than you because I play an overpowered champ with an ult that hits between 600 True Damage and 1200 True Damage (a typical amount with 5 hemmorhage stacks) per champion, and has zero cooldown, equating to between 3000 and 6000 True Damage in team fights". He insulted my team, so I pointed his insult right back at him. All Dariuses suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect, because they think they're so much smarter than everyone else, yet they are playing a no-skill champion.

Game #2:

Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2667981/
I don't have a Spectator Replay.

I called out enemy Akali for being a jerk and a half.

This was a game where my copy of LoL crashed during the loading screen 3 times in a row, so I had to restart Windows just to get into the game. By the time I had joined the game, enemy Akali was level 6 or higher, and she was abusing her unfair advantage. Any and all chats directed at her (I have a hunch she reported me) were justified, because she was being unfair. Not only did she go straight for me when I got into lane, she brought an ally! Two level 6 or higher champs coming to kill a level 3 or lower champ. Unfair.

I've watched high ELO ranked games where someone had problems like this, and guess what: the enemies did NOT abuse the situation like this Akali did. They actually let the late-comer (an Ezreal, in the game I watched) level up in the jungle, even though they knew he was there. THAT is true sportsmanship. This Akali was anything but sportsmanlike. And then she reports me for calling her out for being a jerk? How much more unsportsmanlike can she get?

If anything, enemy Akali should be banned for being an unsportsmanlike jerk and a half.

On a separate note about League crashes: I have sent a dozen logs to RIOT in the past few weeks, because LoL crashes so much. It's because they use that horrible Adobe AIR framework.

Game #3:

Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2668238/
Spectator Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2668239/

This one was due to uncommunicative teammates who decided to harass me for their lack of communication and then report me.

In this game, I had trolls for teammates. One of them called mid in champ select, after I had picked a mid character. Rhetorical question: Do actions speak louder than words? Not according to these goofballs. Because I was still pissed that they stole mid, I kept saying I was going mid. I sublimated my anger and silently decided to go top, and give him mid, when we got into game. In short, I decided to be a nice person, even though I wasn't going to say it. So then, the guy who called mid (probably Draven) got the bright idea to change champions, at the last second, without telling anyone. I didn't notice this during the loading screen or the first several minutes of the game. The guy who called mid got the bright idea to not go mid, after he and his teammate bullied me into playing a different lane. So, when I got in game, I went top, because he didn't say that he had changed his mind about playing mid. I picked my items fast, like usual, so I ran up top, and began my laning phase.

After a few minutes, I heard that female voice say our mid tower was destroyed, then that Draven ******** decided to harass me about it. It amounts to this: he blamed me for someone else's inability to communicate. He didn't go mid like he was supposed to. This happened at 4 minutes into the game, as you can see from the chat logs. Everyone finally noticed that nobody was going mid, and they all decided to blame it on me, when it was that other guy's fault.

Then I tried to make up for his mistake by laning mid, but NO! The enemy Fizz was also fed! He probably ganked bottom a few times, while I was focused on top. So these trolls blamed me for their inability to communicate!

You ask: Why didn't I notice mid had no player? Who was at fault? Who didn't do their job and tell me that that other player changed his mind? Was it the duo top, the duo bottom, or the jungler?

I ask: Why didn't anyone else tell me to go mid before 4 minutes into the game? They are ALL just as at fault for not paying attention as I was.

The jungler is the person who should be noticing that there isn't a mid! He didn't mention a damn thing! It is the jungler's responsibility to be monitoring all the lanes for opportunities to gank. Also, the Jungler knows who is going where at the beginning, because he gets a leash from the AP mid and one other lane.

Here's what I think really happened: someone DID go mid, and I unconsciously saw they went mid, so I didn't go mid. But then this mid player fed the hell out of the enemy mid, and he didn't want to take the blame for it, so he ran off, and then they decided to blame me when he lost his tower.

Any way you look at it, I did nothing wrong! I got harassed, and I got reported frivolously!

Game #4:

Replay: LeagueReplays just went down, so please use the link I put at the top, where you can find all of the replays.

I had some really dumb teammates this game. Teemo harassed me, and Talon harassed me, but he also was a really poor sport. He was impossible to play with, because he wouldn't work with the team. He thought he was so good, and all he did was KS the whole game. And then he has the balls to say I am the one KS'ing.

Jax [00:06:05] what the **** were you doing?
Talon [00:06:10] not dying?
Jax [00:06:12] i wouldn't be in that situation if you had a thought
Talon [00:06:21] stop blaming me for ur mistake

This was his mistake. He ran off to let me die, instead of following my initiate. This guy doesn't know how to play with allies. Every time I did something, I would get them down to near dead, then I'd be dead, and then he would come in and steal the kills after I did all the work.

This is the comment from whomever reported me:

"feeding all game. diving when enemy passed through ward to corner him. jump into obvious ambush. dives into 1v5 situations. harassing the whole team consistently. blames everyone but himself, is the only person feeding. don't ban him, somebody kill this piece of ****."

This is a total lie. I wouldn't go into 1 v 5 situation, unless there was a solid chance of coming out alive. I have the replay to prove it. This guy is lying his ass off, and he should be killed, himself, for saying, "somebody kill this piece of ****." He obviously isn't a model denizen of League of Legends, based on his ridiculous in-game behavior and chat and his absurdly psychopathic report, and his unwillingness to play as a team. He doesn't understand the roles in the game, either. It seems that alot of Talon players believe their job is to KS and blame other people for dying, when they don't participate in team fights.

Not only was Talon harassing me, Pantheon decided to chime in, as well. I remember I even gave this ungracious son of a ***** a kill, to help feed him, after he had made it clear he was going to harass me the whole game and refuse to cooperate like a teammate.

They deserve bans, not me.

Game #5

Replay: LeagueReplays just went down, so please use the link I put at the top, where you can find all of the replays.

Note: When you read the chat log, it is confusing, because the enemy team had an Ashe, too, so most of the [ALL] chats that mention Ashe are directed at the enemy Ashe, not me.

I was harassed in this game by Fiora, starting exactly at 00:34:35. First she fed, like a boss! Then she harassed me, like a boss! Then she reported me, like a boss! She deserves a ban; I don't. My support Blitz decided to leave the game and restart his computer, so they blamed me, when I got killed, after he left.

Fiora decided to be a whopping jerk. I am not going to take **** from her, so I made one SINGLE mean reply. Consider it a warning shot. I'm not a jerk to nice people, but if someone starts being a jerk to me, I will defend myself, like I did below.

Fiora [00:34:05] watch ashe
Fiora [00:34:17] ashe
Lee Sin [00:34:28] gg
Fiora [00:34:35] f ucking ashe
Fiora [00:34:37] idiot
Fiora [00:34:39] f uck you
Fiora [00:35:05] f uck
Fiora [00:35:34] idiot
Ashe [00:35:42] oh rly
Ashe [00:35:44] **** you too
Ashe [00:35:58] what do expect me to do, grow more abilites?
Fiora [00:36:07] i dont konw how to saw that

Also, my brother and his friend were playing with me in this game. My brother is Graves, so, when he says he's going to report me, at the very end, it's a joke. In fact, he was sitting 2 feet away from me when he wrote that, looked over at me and grinned.

My job here is done. I've cleanly and accurately layed out everything for inspection. Now, I just have to wait for someone with a logical brain and social psychology training to review it.

Gripes:
I am sick of the retarded Tribunal. If they don't have enough brains to see that I was being harassed, and not doing the harassing, they should be going to Special Ed.

pea In da pull

01-05-2013

.. love that troll vote :LLL

Mitey Oosik

01-05-2013

Wall of China text and some big scary words. Hey i got an idea for you, how about hunting down all the threads of those that got banned before you, admitting that they spam punish to get back at the tribunal. They are your true brethren now, your comrades, and have chat with them on why THEY spam punished you? Do that then come back here and we'll talk.

Mitey Oosik

01-05-2013

I skimmed your wall of garbage and looked at your case. (doing this from my phone so no cut n paste)

Essentially, you are one of those holier-than-thou, elitists that does no wrong and it's everyone else that's a failure.

When you die it's always because someone is hacking, not because you got outplayed or out of position and if it's not hacking, it's a teammate not doing their job.

you get condescending and ******y with everyone.

In conclusion, YOU are thin skinned and not very mature. Put half the effort into writing this wall of stuff into not being an ahole in game, and you won't end up in the tribunal.

Can people be annoying and frustrating, yes. Is LOL the be all, end all in your life, i hope not, because of it is, seek professional help.

Banees complain that reporters are thin skinned, i think it's mostly the opposite with the way people react to pixels on a screen.

xystris

01-05-2013

ban deserved. didn't need the wall of text. I can read the case just fine and make a decision.

Dracorya

01-05-2013

Oh man, not this guy again...

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.
Lyte dixit.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

You know, normally polls attempt to avoid loaded questions, but I can see by your attitude you are going to dismiss anything we say out of hand. So simply, what Yiyo said was correct. Riot has stated retaliation isn't okay, and if you do retaliate, you need to be aware that there are consequences for that decision (much like in real life). If you have a problem with another player you have two options 1) give the old Christian try and turn the other cheek or 2) ignore them. Hell, to a degree, we'lll allow you to satirize them and give em a few subtle what-fors. But acting in the same manner they were, then screaming "He hit me first" is going to get you as far her as it did in Kindergarten.

AMDphreak

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitey Oosik View Post
Wall of China text and some big scary words. Hey i got an idea for you, how about hunting down all the threads of those that got banned before you, admitting that they spam punish to get back at the tribunal. They are your true brethren now, your comrades, and have chat with them on why THEY spam punished you? Do that then come back here and we'll talk.
So you are clearly admitting that the Tribunal SYSTEM is being ABUSED.

You just proved my case for me. Thank you, good day.

AMDphreak

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
You know, normally polls attempt to avoid loaded questions, but I can see by your attitude you are going to dismiss anything we say out of hand. So simply, what Yiyo said was correct. Riot has stated retaliation isn't okay, and if you do retaliate, you need to be aware that there are consequences for that decision (much like in real life). If you have a problem with another player you have two options 1) give the old Christian try and turn the other cheek or 2) ignore them. Hell, to a degree, we'lll allow you to satirize them and give em a few subtle what-fors. But acting in the same manner they were, then screaming "He hit me first" is going to get you as far her as it did in Kindergarten.
I'm going to dismiss it, because my case is solid, and you have absolutely no case against me, especially since I'm providing every goddamn piece of evidence, and it is all in my favor!

I know when I've won a case.