Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mohrb

01-05-2013

So, I used to really like poppy... but I haven't seen ANYONE play her in a pretty long time. Her Q being percentage based means it's always relevant... her passive and ult are pretty solid.... but does anyone think her W and E could use a little work?

The speed boost is nice, but getting a whole 35 AD after 10 melees when I don't think anyone builds attack speed... and none of her abilities stack with AD... not that great.

Her W does a respectable amount of damage if you can hit terrain... but the knock back isn't that far... as long as they stay a few steps away from the edge, people can avoid a vast majority of the damage (and the stun).

Do you think Poppy is competitive as is? If not, what would you change?

RadiantPyrophore

01-05-2013

Season three itemization and mastery changes raped her in the butt in almost every possible way. For one, there are now only 1/2 as many gold generating items that she wants, and her early game farm is phucking nonexistant, so she can't get to late game, for two, they removed almost all of the masteries that actually synergized well with her into the upper utility tree where she cannot afford to go without being squishy or damageless later on.

ParasiteQt

01-05-2013

She is one of my favourite champs, but she isn't comparative at all to the easiness of newer champs. Still, if you "can" farm up, she is a true unstoppable force, T-force, BT and dancer spam.... *drool

Mohrb

01-05-2013

Yea, I had a game where I built her more as a tank than the assassin type.... Those ice gauntlets seemed to do better than T-force. Once I got those and hydra, I was close to on the level of the other team... but they were playing pretty bad. I had to play very careful and much better than them to maintain close to an even playing field.

Derrick the Red

01-05-2013

I have headed more toward AD instead of hybrid this season. I was mad at first and now I am just annoyed with the changes. I build (not in order):

Philo
Mercs
Triforce
Statikk Shiv (don't laugh, I can explain)
Hydra
Maw
GA

The Shiv is almost as good as PD and is built from a G/10 item. The philo is cheaper so it is easy to get early. The Hydra provides lifesteal and some good damage. Triforce is still way better than gauntlet...haven't you noticed the 25% additional damage missing from it when compared to the passive from triforce?

All that said, I am annoyed with the whole game right now. Teemos are insane, Darius is impossible, etc. I want them to stop making easy-mode tops.