Should the [Bonetooth Necklace] receive the following changes?

Yes: Best fix ever!! Please implement now!!! 1 7.14%
Yes: I believe the changes are absolutely necessary! 6 42.86%
No: I don't like these changes, but I do believe it should receive something. 4 28.57%
No: The Bonetooth Necklace is fine as it is. 5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

|POLL| Should the [Bonetooth Necklace] receive the following changes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemonator

12-16-2012

Good Mornng,

With the recent changes Rengar has received it is believed that he is unable to fill his role as a Jungler. His camp clear times have become much worse without his ability to maintain the sustain he once had. This is easily correctable by purchasing Madred's Razors or the Hunter's Machete, however having to go that route leaves little option to in fact get his own character specific item. With the changes below I hope to fix both his Jungle capability and the reason to purchase his Bonetooth Necklace!

Current: [Bonetooth Necklace]
Item Cost: 800
Unique: +2 attack damage per level
Passive: Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death.
3 Trophies: +10 armor penetration, +5% cooldown reduction
6 Trophies: +25 movement speed
9 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range.
14 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's duration is increased by 3 seconds. Additionally, Rengar's next ability used after activating Thrill of the Hunt generates 1 bonus Ferocity.

Recommended Changes: [Bonetooth Necklace]
Item Cost: 800
Unique: +2 attack damage per level
Unique ---> Maim: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 25% chance to deal 300 bonus magic damage.
Passive: Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death.
3 Trophies: +10 armor penetration, +5% cooldown reduction
6 Trophies: +25 movement speed, +5% Heal Bonus to Empowered Battle Roar
9 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range.
14 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's duration is increased by 3 seconds. Additionally, Rengar's next ability used after activating Thrill of the Hunt generates 1 bonus Ferocity.
Additionally, Thrill of the Hunt can no longer be delayed when receiving damage.

Total Changes Made:
Unique - Maim: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 25% chance to deal 300 bonus magic damage.
6 Trophies: +5% Heal Bonus to Empowered Battle Roar
14 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt can no longer be delayed when receiving damage.

As you will see by purchasing this item and maintaining Trophies will restore him to the glory we once loved, but most importantly he will be able to jungle effectively again. Keep in mind, he will have to *not die* in order to keep the old bonuses.

Thank you for your time, and if you like this idea please (comment) below!

H0p0nP0p

12-16-2012

OP. no other items amplifies up the champion's abilities... except for viktor. but that's a different story =S

Teemonator

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
OP. no other items amplifies up the champion's abilities... except for viktor. but that's a different story =S

All of the bonus's except the (MAIM) were passives he had indefinitely as of last patch; I don't see why he should have to buy both Madreds and Bonetooth.

Vuther

12-16-2012

Somewhat pointless changes as:
The Maim passive is going to be used by a jungler from upgrading their Hunter's Machete rather than wasting their precious gold on it by selling it to get another item. As well, a Rengar who buys Bonetooth is a one that plans to snowball by kills and assists - and rather doesn't really need to clear the jungle better since they're banking on spending most of their time fighting the enemy instead.

Lastly, a bonus requiring 14 trophies goes into the realm of "So fed, doesn't really matter at this point" so it don't really matter none to me. Though I'm not going to say a resourceless stealth which increases movement speed on a fighter that couldn't be remotely prevented without Rengar having like 5% health already or you got a pink ward/Oracle's was a good idea from a design point.

DekonCross

12-16-2012

Or option B.

Get the Hunters Machete. Use it untill you dont need it anymore. IE around level 6 or so. Then simply sell it once its no longer worth while and you have better gear and are doing MUCH more dmg.

Heck when im solo top lane I start off with the hunters machete simply because it helps me get gold much faster than without it. Thats in a lane. I also dont over extend so theres no need for extra mobility till later in the game anyways.

Since we covered that much. Your options are also with the runes you have. Maybe change them around to see what works for you.

StormDjinn

01-06-2013

i'm liking this, but i feel that the last change on 14 trophies:

Quote:
Additionally, Thrill of the Hunt can no longer be delayed when receiving damage.
is a little too much. as of right now, the necklace is worthless in his build when there are other things to buy to compensate for his most recent nerfs.

Yuan Shikai

01-06-2013

Battle Roar on PBE currently does not heal % anymore but a flat value, so the 5% increase does not make sense.