Kassadin and Chalice? mana problems!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GothicNightmares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

i just want to hopefully get some higher insight into how I build him currently. I have so far tried many different things on him and I guess I have to list the combinations to help you understand where I am at with him.

I have started tear and then build my heavy hitting ap carry items (rabadons,zhonya,) but i feel like while his R is very spammable... at the same time.. it isnt.. because of how much mana it consumes... unless I were to sit in base just to stack the item up. I do not think that is a very valid solution.

I then went catalyst and then baught tear but then i felt my damage was always lacking for team fights and i was still finding myself out of mana until i built ROA and converted the tear over into the fully stacked AA. I did not like this because I felt like I only got my heavy hitting damage end game when i could of snowballed sooner with say a mejais and a rabadons.

When i had all but given up I scrolled upon Athenes unholy grail a little item I completely forgot about because I usually only got it on my supports or built chalice early to sustain the lane if i had to fight someone with high sustain (nunu) and the mr was nice vs the mid + the magic resist and ap it gave were pretty decent.. the cdr was welcome but the passive is what really struck me and im not even talking about the 1% mana missing = 1% mana regen.... it was the 12% mana back from kill or assist that made this item my new best friend.... anyone else think this is a bad choice or if this is an item meant for kass.

Yontwisess

01-05-2013

Thats why the jungler gives you blue

valianthen

01-05-2013

i main kassadin since lvl 15 and i know just what you are going thru

my kassadin build is a little more agresive than usual but is rewarding

first thing i do is buy doranŽs ring,itŽll give you AP and mana regen and then iŽll do some last hits until i have 750 (in the meantime i try to harras the enemy with null sphere)

it very important (at least for me) to level up nether blade at levels 2 and 4,because of the extra mana it gives with each hit.

then with the 750 i get another dorans ring and an elixir of briliance and then keep doing the same until i can buy saphire crystal and boots (obviously you can be a little more agressive since you have more power and not letting the elixir waste)

then depending on how well im doing iŽll go fot the blasting wand (if im doing good) or for catakyst the protector

then just go for Rod of Ages and youŽll have your mana problems solved (well ,kinda) then i just go pure ap with AA ,lich bane and rabadons (and dont forget ionians boots)

hope this helps you

if you want you can add me or look for me in lolking

GothicNightmares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

I never get liche bane :>

valianthen

01-05-2013

lich bane at late game is the cherry in the pie, if you bought what i mentioned up there you will have something close to 500 ap

that gives you almost 800 dmg for null sphere,200 to nether blade and almost 800 to force pulse (i dont remember how much riftwalk makes) so it will be more than to 2800 in pure dmg in less than 3 seconds
so if i were you i`ll give it a chance

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-05-2013

chalice earlygame

athenas mid to late game

thats the in thing right now for mana hungry champs

Nishaven90

01-05-2013

Rod of Ages is a core item on Kassadin.

Rivenholt

01-05-2013

Riftwalk really won't be spammable early regardless of build path. It's flexible, but his R gives too much to actually warrant consistent use without letting the debuff fizzle. With one rank in W either at level 2 or 3, you shouldn't have any mana problems in lane. It just takes some lax management to deal with the ult output.

I generally try to go Tear > Catalyst > RoA if I know that lane I'm in is going to be easy, like if I'm up against a Karthus or Veigar. It's extremely efficient in AP and raw stats, but like you said there's a delay on when it really starts being worth while, and it'll hinder you in tougher lanes.

If the lane really is tougher, picking one item from the set of RoA, Archangel's or Athene's is preferable. Athene's doesn't boost your mana pool so it's regen is a little bit situational by itself. It's not a bad item by any means, but it doesn't really buffer your mana pool reliably. Your W is enough to cover everything but your ult, and your mana output with Riftwalk is a little too bursty to react well with the flat regen you get from Grail. The magic resist is definitely good against someone like LeBlanc, who's packing enough burst to get through your passive. RoA is best when you know you're liable for taking consistant damage and need the sustain. AA is great when the AP you're against has good late game, and you can't afford to fall behind mid game.

If you're falling really behind in a lane, Doran's stack until you're relevant again.