~ Puppet Master Champion Concept ~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

01-04-2013

Original thread.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2971895

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
I like where you're going with this idea! Mainly the "puppeteer" aspect, also someone said debuffs. +1

When I think of potential champions I try to leave out his/her background or alignment until I can devise a sinister kit for said champion first. I feel like coming up with a solid kit as a baseline helps to formulate a history that is fluent to the kit. Not that it doesn't work the other way, but I feel like coming up with a story first limits the possible skills and mechanics that would make sense with the champion based on it's concept. Anyway I'm going to take a crack at making a kit...

Passive - Enemy champions within x range suffer -x armor, -x magic resist and -x health regen every x seconds, stacks up to 5 times (stacks are lost every x seconds when out of range).

Q - Induce target enemy with feelings of despair causing x magic damage and reducing their vision by x for x seconds (longer cd to compensate for its effectiveness).

W - Target allied champion or puppet (not minions) suddenly bursts with power increasing armor, magic resist and health regen by x for x seconds and dealing x magic damage to nearby enemies within x range (enemies further away take less damage) (allied champions and puppets within range of the burst also gain x % of the effect, reducing effectiveness when further away).

E - Spawns a puppet beside you that seeks out nearby enemies (prioritizes champions) and uses basic attacks until destroyed (obviously scales with levels, rewards gold when destroyed that increases per level) (Also is buffed when using W). This puppet will follow you if there are no enemies around or when you are x range from it (will stop attacking and run to your range). Can have up to 3 puppets out at a time.

R - Target enemy champion becomes your puppet that you can control (similar to controlling shaco clone/viktor ult etc) for x seconds dealing increasing magic damage over it's duration (1 tick per second?) or until cleaned/QSS/Olaf ult/etc (if dispelled early, the skills cd is reduced based on how fast it was dispelled). The target enemy can still be attacked and what not, your puppet spawns will still target them (was also thinking that the target enemy would only be able to basic attack during the effect similar to how taunt works?)

The kit concept clearly makes this champion out to be a puppet master, but I also kept the support role in mind. The passive might seem overwhelming at first but I honestly think when given the right numbers it can be a unique type of debuff addition to the game that enemies would have to learn to counter. Ways you can counter it for example would be to buy an aegis or learn the range and make sure you're not exposed for longer than is safe. I could see it being a dangerous/broken passive but that's why I didn't include any variables. Other than the passive though I think the kit is solid. You control little puppet minions and they benefit from your W as well as allied champions do. The ultimate is awesome imo, you would literally feel in control when you use it. I can see many amazing plays and well as counter plays with that kind of an ultimate. The Q was my favorite, I imagine it being similar to graves' smoke bomb. For a small time you choose when the enemy champion has reduced vision, it could be used very strategically.

This kind of character concept to me seems to lean more on the evil/villainous side. Mainly because this person is the ultimate puppeteer, he learned to manipulate people and his surroundings for his own benefit. No matter what side you think you're on, it's not his. It adds a cool flavor to the idea of support, yeah you benefit from him when he's around...but in reality he is benefiting from you and if it wasn't for that...he would have no problem making you his new puppet. I'm not sure where he would fit in lore-wise, but I have faith that if Riot wanted to they could come up with something.
Edit 1 (credit to Sprocketduck):

Changed the health reduction value from the passive to health regen.
Changed the "all base stats" value from the W to "armor, magic resist and health regen".
Added increasing magic damage for the duration of the ultimate, as well as a reduction in cooldown when dispelled (This reduction is based on how long the duration lasted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
This is another idea I came up with while considering different puppeteer styles. It doesn't utilize a "control" effect on enemy champions (bummer) but it does bring a little more life to the idea of controlling different puppets.

Passive - When an enemy is within x range, they become susceptible to the puppet master's control. After x seconds, champion gains 1 control stack (this "control" is acts a buff that stacks on the champion, maximum of 5 stacks) (1 stack is consumed when using it for Q or W and 5 is consumed for E).

Can only have 5 puppets out at a time..

Q - Passive: Allied champions, puppets and self within x range receive +x ap and +x mana regen for every "control" stack. Target Self: Spawns a ranged AP puppet beside you until destroyed. Puppet attacks nearby enemies (prioritizes champion) and will follow you when out of x range. Target Enemy: Reduces targets ap and mana regen for x seconds.

W - Passive: Allied champions, puppets and self within x range receive +x ad and +x health regen for every control stack. Target Self: Spawns a melee AD puppet beside you until destroyed. Puppet attacks nearby enemies (prioritizes champion) and will follow you when out of x range. Target Enemy: Reduces targets ad and health regen for x seconds.

E - Induce target enemy with feelings of despair causing x magic damage and reducing their vision by x for x seconds (must have 5 control stacks to cast).

R - Champion begins to channel immense power and has max control stacks for the duration. Champion's Q, W and E have shorter cooldowns and nearby puppets have increased movement speed.

ExjK

01-05-2013

Bump.

ExjK

01-05-2013

Bump.