can yordles and humans interbreed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mondreus

01-05-2013

Just don't even think about touching Lulu and everything will be fine.

EmperorofTortuga

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyGeth View Post
The responses to this thread seem to be all based on science, when the entire LoL universe is fantasy, considering everything that is possible within the LoL universe, who is to say that yordle-human offspring is not possible?
We, as humans, have a natural desire to make sense of things. That is the reason for many misjudgments on this planet. So, naturally, when a question like this comes up, we will go with the science that we know, not a science that we make up.

Spartan Buddhist

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorofTortuga View Post
well, as based on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution,(PLEASE DO NOT RAGE AT ME IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS, THIS IS THE ONLY EXAMPLE I HAVE) two specimens are considered different species when they can no longer reproduce with one another. This is why a common ground finch in the Galapagos could not reproduce with other types of finches. Since humans and Yordles are treated as different species, they cannot reproduce.

I DO WANT THIS THOUGH. HEIMERDINGER+VI= KING/QUEEN OF PILTOVER.
That's an incorrect interpretation of the theory. After all, we have the Beefalo, a fertile hyrbrid of the domestic cattle and the american bison, which are two different species, and are definitely not two breeds of the same species. Some birds, insects, fish and reptiles are also capable of producing fertile hybrids between two closely related species (like a Scarlet Macaw and Blue and Gold Macaw etc.). The reason Galapagos finches don't cross breed isn't because they can't at all, but rather because they don't want to as there are behavioural and morphological differences that make the other types of finches undesirable as breeding partners.

However, a human-yordle hybrid through conventional breeding is impossible. It's kinda like trying to cross a human and a racoon. However, this is Runterrra, therefore MAGIC PREVAILS.

MugenNightmare

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondreus View Post
Just don't even think about touching Lulu and everything will be fine.
LuluxVeigar

NOTHING ELSE

TheMeta88

01-06-2013

For the record, Shyvana exists because a Dragon became HUMAN have *** with a human woman.

Its dragon escence remained intact and some of that power was passed on to Shyvana which is why she too can transform.

Dragons are immensly powerful magical creatures than can do whatever they want. Including becomming human for a short time.

As far as Humans and Yordles...I don't know. Probably. Why would it matter might be more important. If they merge and just become a midget or a dwarf thats kind of boring. If they are human sized with fur on them and extra weird or something that too is kind of boring.

Overall, I think Riot would have to start running out of ideas if they just started throwing races together to make champions etc etc.

EDIT: Riot your a bunch of *****es. Seriously? *** is censored?

Roisterer

01-06-2013

Quote:
well, as based on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution,(PLEASE DO NOT RAGE AT ME IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS, THIS IS THE ONLY EXAMPLE I HAVE) two specimens are considered different species when they can no longer reproduce with one another. This is why a common ground finch in the Galapagos could not reproduce with other types of finches. Since humans and Yordles are treated as different species, they cannot reproduce.

I DO WANT THIS THOUGH. HEIMERDINGER+VI= KING/QUEEN OF PILTOVER.
Close, but not quite. Darwin's theory states that two different species cannot have VIABLE offspring.

So horses and donkeys can have offspring, but their offspring will be unable to reproduce.

I guess it depends how Yordles developed, really. Also, whether there was MAGIC involved. Some sort of transmogrifying spell for a Yordle one-night stand.

EmperorofTortuga

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YES YOU CANTHEON View Post
That's an incorrect interpretation of the theory. After all, we have the Beefalo, a fertile hyrbrid of the domestic cattle and the american bison, which are two different species, and are definitely not two breeds of the same species. Some birds, insects, fish and reptiles are also capable of producing fertile hybrids between two closely related species (like a Scarlet Macaw and Blue and Gold Macaw etc.). The reason Galapagos finches don't cross breed isn't because they can't at all, but rather because they don't want to as there are behavioural and morphological differences that make the other types of finches undesirable as breeding partners.

However, a human-yordle hybrid through conventional breeding is impossible. It's kinda like trying to cross a human and a racoon. However, this is Runterrra, therefore MAGIC PREVAILS.
Oh. Sorry for that misinterpretation, I'm 14, and I watched a video on it in my Biology class. The only information I was given is that they no longer breed when they are considered different species. Even my teacher thought it meant they are unable.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Oh. Sorry for that misinterpretation, I'm 14, and I watched a video on it in my Biology class. The only information I was given is that they no longer breed when they are considered different species. Even my teacher thought it meant they are unable.
Don't give your age on the internet. Just a general rule. Anyway, your teacher is right about most organisms. For example, a chimpanzee is not going to be able to breed with a seagull, no matter what happens. However, some very closely related species can breed. The resulting offspring cannot.

Cerubois

01-06-2013

Scientifically, I think the answer must be no.

It's hinted that Yordles came from another world entirely in 'The Mothership'. While they may have the ability to adapt their appearance within a short period of time (Heimerdinger, Corki), they are probably still physiologically 'Yordle'.

It's hard to determine if they would even have the right parts... Are they even mammals, or are they just copying the appearance of them?

MrSnitches

01-06-2013

Whordle?