3's is a dead playlist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyPoop

01-04-2013

Because, Darius and Singed, are on a completely different level of all of the other champs for this game type. No need to explain more than that, anyone who has played many 3's games since the remake in particular would know that. Good luck trying to expand your game types Riot, because the champion pool in this game is made for 5's, and 5's only.

danbud

01-04-2013

Introduce a draft pick option and your problem is solved. This feature alone is why I find ranked 3v3 to be so enjoyable.

DarthGooch

01-06-2013

Played several ranked games today and if those champs weren't banned they were picked every game.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyPoop View Post
Because, Darius and Singed, are on a completely different level of all of the other champs for this game type. No need to explain more than that, anyone who has played many 3's games since the remake in particular would know that. Good luck trying to expand your game types Riot, because the champion pool in this game is made for 5's, and 5's only.
Which is something they have freely admitted...what's your point?

This is the reason there is a draft mode in 5's and draft mode in ranked. They realize that there will always be champs who outperform the others. If the nerf singed and darius and teemo, there would be 3 new ones rising to the top for you all to complain about.

KCIV4

01-06-2013

OR! just pick ap trist kass and singed.... OR ad eve... its ****ing broken

bierfaust

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyPoop View Post
Those champions, along with a few others are problematic on all maps/modes. This is an inherent problem with the champion itself and their kit.

The only way to truly fix this is redo their kits or adjust their spells.

I don't agree that the champion pool is for 5v5 only, there are plenty of champions that function very well, without being OP or problematic (unless you choose poorly to match up with them) in small to medium skirmishes and 1v1 scenarios, which DOM and TT have a lot of.

What people fail to see is it is the same bunch of champions that crop up in each mode as an issue. This itself should be a giant red flag to Riot, who seem unwilling to do anything drastic about it, instead they tweak 1 number and make us endure 5 months of hell while they "get a feel for the change".

Honestly this will probably never change, because Riot never admit when they are wrong about an entire champion/champion kit. Nor do they admit that the intention was good but the execution was bad. Instead they just try to "tweak the numbers" which just simply will not work.

Look at Irelia as a perfect example. How many times was she nerfed, and different aspects of her kit were nerfed, except the main issues that people have with her. (her passive is bull**** OP, once she completes a tri-force her paradigm shifts entirely and she becomes a beast, her lane sustain/harass on her w is too good allowing her to easily win trades and her conditional stun almost always stuns when it shouldn't)

They looked at almost none of those issues, instead they kept chipping away at her ultimate. Which was strong, but wasn't the biggest issue.

An Upset Zombie

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
What people fail to see is it is the same bunch of champions that crop up in each mode as an issue. This itself should be a giant red flag to Riot, who seem unwilling to do anything drastic about it, instead they tweak 1 number and make us endure 5 months of hell while they "get a feel for the change".

Honestly this will probably never change, because Riot never admit when they are wrong about an entire champion/champion kit. Nor do they admit that the intention was good but the execution was bad. Instead they just try to "tweak the numbers" which just simply will not work.

Look at Irelia as a perfect example. How many times was she nerfed, and different aspects of her kit were nerfed, except the main issues that people have with her. (her passive is bull**** OP, once she completes a tri-force her paradigm shifts entirely and she becomes a beast, her lane sustain/harass on her w is too good allowing her to easily win trades and her conditional stun almost always stuns when it shouldn't)

They looked at almost none of those issues, instead they kept chipping away at her ultimate. Which was strong, but wasn't the biggest issue.
Truer words were never spoken.

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

my biggest problem with darius is how easy it is for this cheap-ass i-win button to recover from a horrible early game. Even if you manage to deny him XP and gold early, as soon as he hits level six, he WILL start kill stealing his teammates. this WILL lead to him getting shutdowns and extra XP for killing champions that he was supposedly at a disadvantage to. Suddenly, that darius you paid special attention to shutting down is back in the game in a big way, usually 1v3ing your entire team. Riot has stated multiple times they consider true damage to be toxic to the game, and yet, they made a true damage ult that refreshes on a kill?

Unbelievable.

Ahskance

01-07-2013

I tend to play ADC, so my issues with Darius are pretty small. He grabs me, or I kill him.

Are the champions you play ones that he destroys? Bruisers or low range people that he can eat for lunch? I know most people regard the meta as Bruiser or Bust, but it can pay off to be more versatile.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

01-07-2013

Singed would need a rework I think, he can be retarded if you fail to pick one of his counters. That said, I truely believe nerfing him without compensation would ruin him. He is a melee mage with 2 damage abilites.

BFT and new Tear mechanics make him more troiublesome than he used to be, I think Riot needs to start with the items that are making certain champions OP.

Darius needs a nerf to his Q, so he can't build almost pure tank and still do good AoE damage. Higher AD ratios lower base damage IMO. This is true in all modes, not just TT. He has a really powerful ulti, a really powerful Q, a built in sheen that slows and free pen. His kit lets him do damage for no reason at all. As powerful as his ulti is he doesn't need such a good kit.