Warwick, some thoughts, a little depth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

01-08-2013

Actually, as a WW player, what I'd like to see is the following change to WW's ult & Q: make Q scale w/ AD and do physical damage, and make his ult simply attack 5 times over 1.8 seconds. Blood Scent is fine as is, and the healing from Hungering Strike is enough to offset the fact that it isn't ranged; the fact that it's targeted (as opposed to SS) offsets the diminished damage it does compared to other % health abilities.

Nasaam

01-09-2013

I took another look at the numbers, and apparently, the AP ratio on Q does apply to the HP% damage as well (the tooltip seems a little vague to me, on that). This means that hybrid builds are viable, however, since the ult goes off AD, and he is primarily an attack speed champ, it's difficult to say exactly how much AP is enough, and how much is too much. And we also have to take masteries into account. Perhaps a Gunblade or Rageblade could be in order.

Hobobski

01-09-2013

Clearly what needs to be done is they should give Warwick full AP scaling. Give him a small floppy wizards hat so it fits his "look". Hey, if a flying robo fist and massive ship cannonballs can deal magic damage, so can a demented werewolf.
Problem solved.

Niffo

Recruiter

01-09-2013

I agree that he is definitely a champion that is on the "most needed to be updated" list. I have purchased him recently along with his Fire skin after having playing several other champions and there is definitely a lack of cohesion about him in regards to what items to aquire and how his abilities work in general play. Many of the ideas posted here to correct the issues (i.e. how his ult works and what it is based off, his passive and E, etc) would be great steps to updating his kit to help make him more viable and useful for his team in S3 and beyond.

Drinniol

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasaam View Post
I took another look at the numbers, and apparently, the AP ratio on Q does apply to the HP% damage as well (the tooltip seems a little vague to me, on that). This means that hybrid builds are viable, however, since the ult goes off AD, and he is primarily an attack speed champ, it's difficult to say exactly how much AP is enough, and how much is too much. And we also have to take masteries into account. Perhaps a Gunblade or Rageblade could be in order.
Yes it's not clear how much the %health damage actually scales since the tooltip is bugged. It definitely isn't giving 1% per AP like the tooltip says. How much, if any, is it actually granting? I don't know.

Phoenix0Wright

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinniol View Post
Yes it's not clear how much the %health damage actually scales since the tooltip is bugged. It definitely isn't giving 1% per AP like the tooltip says. How much, if any, is it actually granting? I don't know.
According to the internet, and forgive me WW experts if I'm wrong, but I believe even the percent damage scales with flat AP. So, if WW has 100 AP with a maxed Q, then it will deal 100+ 16% of the target's max health. If the minimum value is higher, then it deals 275 +100, like normal.

Nasaam

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix0Wright View Post
According to the internet, and forgive me WW experts if I'm wrong, but I believe even the percent damage scales with flat AP. So, if WW has 100 AP with a maxed Q, then it will deal 100+ 16% of the target's max health. If the minimum value is higher, then it deals 275 +100, like normal.
This does seem to be the case, from games I've played. I've gone 3 in a row ranked with WW either top or jungle, with a hybrid build, and it's gone fantastically.

In top, start with Doran's Ring. This gives you HP, as well as making your Q hit harder earlier, and giving you the regen you need to stay in lane for a long time. After that, I go boots>Lantern>boots 2>Gunblade>Visage>GA, Warmog's, or almost any AS item, depending on what you need. Sell Ring when you think you have enough mana
The Gunblade has a good active, and your Q benefits from Spellvamp, on top of it's usual healing. Combo with Visage and the Lifesteal for your auto-attacks and ult, and you become a ton harder to kill, even before building any real HP.
The Jungling build I'm working with is about the same, just that you skip the Ring, and go straight for boots+razor>lantern, and go from there - buying a Doran's Ring only when you feel you need it.

I'm not in an amazingly high elo, so maybe the build doesn't work at higher ranks, but it seems to let me beat just about any AD top, so far. Also, If you're looking for a build that gets you kills, this may not be it, but you will be a tank-shredder, and still be able to trade blows with anyone - until your adc or ap come and take the kill.

ZekThePenguin

01-10-2013

Personally, if WW can smell your blood, he can smell you. Invisibility shouldn't factor into it. WW should be able to find bloodied opponents, period. Just have it to where only he can see them.

alfavhunter

01-10-2013

fixing WW

passive has its base value remain the same but give it a 0.025 bonus ad scaling and make it stack to 4, starting at the same value and ending at the same value at full stacks, with the only difference being it takes 1 more hit to reach full stacks but it now has some ad scaling in return (don't freak just yet btw)

Q
make it physical damage that does 1.25 ad + X% of the targets maximum HP, and make it apply a 'heightened' level of blood sent, making you have the bonus movement speed when moving toward that target and that target only, regardless of their current hp for 2 seconds [this effect can effect minions for its duration for a mini speed boost] ( effected by the level of blood sent), if cast on a target with blood scent already active this effect morphs into hungering scent, doubling the bonus MS for the duration (WW is healed for X% (likely 80% still) of the damage done

W
100% fine as it is

E
make 1 change to it, all champions that are effected by this ability will take the full stacks effect from WW passive on 1st, this means WW can hungering strike someone to get a quick full stack of his passive going, but it takes a CD to do so

R
a few steps to this one

1. physical damage

2. new ratio for its damage breakdown

--WW strikes the target 5 times dealing .5 ad (ending at 2.5 ad) multiplied your current attack speed (attack speed will never be read under 1.0 for this ability, with max attack speed this ability will become a 2.5X2.5 ad damage, ending up as a 6.25 total of ad damage to 1 target over 2 seconds (no more 1.8 sec suppress without tenacity) [CANNOT CRIT]

-and yes interrupting it also interrupts the damage, so 1v1 this might seam a bit strong, team fight wise he can easily have it shut down with any type of CC other than slows or roots, and that is the balance of it

3. life-steal bonus is gone bit he does gain his normal lifesteal from these attacks, but not his passive, as it would do to much of a boost to the already strong damage this would deal with good gearing, and its base damage isnt bad eaither considering it will deal ~250 damage at level 6 with his W active before you use it

Benmarch

01-10-2013

Warwick was the first hero for wich a bought a skin, by far he was the champ I found the coolest ( I really like werewolf looking character), and I saw him go from viable in a ruthless Season1 jungle where he could follow the levels and gold of lanes in the jungle. To horrible in jungle Season 2 because of his lack of ability to gank before lvl6. And now for season 3 he's just, like others mentioned, meh...
When riot said the jungle would be harder and would scale better I thought it would be his moment to shine again but it didnt happen. his inability to gank efficently before 6 kills him and the ambiguite of his kit makes the itemization difficult to figure out.
Like mentioned, he doesnt scale that well with anything and is too easy to knock aside.
He needs a rework
Bump for ya!