Why is Darius a problem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

01-08-2013

Mhm... I go 10-0 Pantheon and lose to a 0-10 Darius. Something is WRONG!

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Mhm... I go 10-0 Pantheon and lose to a 0-10 Darius. Something is WRONG!
Sam?

Loosing?

Wut???

Martyrofsand

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumione View Post
I upvoted you for posting a rational counter-argument, but i must respectfully disagree. Bursty champs like the ones you list can only unleash their burst once. Darius can unleash his burst as many times as there are enemies to burst.

I've seen a darius go from 0-5 to 6-5 in no time at all just from spamming his ultimate and cleaning up teamfights. As a nocturne player, i find that building spirit visage for magic resist and a strong lifesteal item (hydra or sanguine blade) lets me go toe to toe with brand and expect a reasonable degree of success. Against darius, no, such luck.

I've found you have to be much, much smarter about how and when you engage a darius than you do about how and when to engage any other champ. And considering Darius' "does not give two poops" playstyle, you don't always get to make that choice.

Um you are aware as a Nocturne player you should be the last person who gives a **** about Darius right?

Hint, his ult is an enemy ability, now if only you had some skill that blocked such things and perhaps provided an attack speed boost for doing so...

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
Um you are aware as a Nocturne player you should be the last person who gives a **** about Darius right?

Hint, his ult is an enemy ability, now if only you had some skill that blocked such things and perhaps provided an attack speed boost for doing so...
That's true. Additionally, in many games i carry a mercurial scimitar to clear his blood stacks as well.

That doesn't mean that Darius doesn't still get me occasionally, due to mistiming on my part, or abilities/items on cooldown, and there are two other people on my team he can take out first. Just because i'm well equipped to deal with darius doesn't mean everyone is.

Lumione

01-08-2013

Also, in the unfortunate circumstance of the all-to-common Teemo-Darius-Singed team, i am forced to use my W long before Darius is ready to ult. Otherwise it's blinding dart time, and all i can do is try to say "miss" as fast as it's popping up on my screen

Martyrofsand

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumione View Post
Also, in the unfortunate circumstance of the all-to-common Teemo-Darius-Singed team, i am forced to use my W long before Darius is ready to ult. Otherwise it's blinding dart time, and all i can do is try to say "miss" as fast as it's popping up on my screen

Normally in that situation I would build a Mercurial for Teemo and save my W for Darius. In doing so if you are the focus and you cost Darius his ult you do your team a huge favor.

All this said keep in mind as I said earlier I Kayle a lot of TT, so Darius ult really isn't a thing for me

Lumione

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
Normally in that situation I would build a Mercurial for Teemo and save my W for Darius. In doing so if you are the focus and you cost Darius his ult you do your team a huge favor.

All this said keep in mind as I said earlier I Kayle a lot of TT, so Darius ult really isn't a thing for me
In a perfect world I'm able to clear Teemo's blind with 5 (where mercurial saber sits, usually) and then wait until i see Darius jump up before i hit W. Unfortunately the heat of battle isn't always a perfect world