Why is Darius a problem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pig of denmark

01-05-2013

i agree with you nerd. people dont realize this isnt a free for all(HINT RIOT NEW GAME MODE) so they go in solo 1v1 darius(who is a melee fighter durp) and lose lol

Martyrofsand

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by She View Post
is refreshable true damage not a problem to you? o.o

I play Kayle a lot so no, no it's not.

The reason so many people have a problem with Darius is because they send some idiot top and he gets fed as hell. There is a reason why if I see Darius on the other team my team generally sends me to deal with him, average amount of kills Darius gets during a game against me is usual around 3-4. Play smart against Darius he isn't a threat...Singed on the other hand...

Dblack88

01-06-2013

^ Agreed

Nimtrix

01-06-2013

I've usually play Olaf, Garen, Jax, Fiddle, Blitz and Darius really never is a problem to me.

SaveTheMaids

01-06-2013

It's his build pathing.

He can completely counter-build and still have decent dps.
Plus he farms well and is an early game bully.

Even if he has a bad early, he can just stack health/defense and still be a threat.

Fortunately not all Darius players are created equal. There is definitely a difference between a good one and a bad one.

I personally find Singed more threatening tbh.
He's always a pain no matter who is playing him.

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
It doesn't do anything if you know to shut him down before six. And you shouldn't let him get you that low, you fight him on your terms, after poking him to like 3/4 or half health.
Sorry, but shutting him down early does nothing. At level 6, he will kill-secure his teammates and even if you're lucky and get the ace on him, he'll be coming back, and he'll be coming back stronger...and he'll be coming back stronger every time after, as well, until he's no longer coming back, he's still going.

The same can be said of any champ, but name one champion that can kill steal in the spur of the moment as easily as Darius?

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

he's not that big of a problem but the refreshing true damage is a giant problem it means you have to focus darius if u dont want your entire team to get **** on 1 by 1

Resolute Riven

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
It doesn't do anything if you know to shut him down before six. And you shouldn't let him get you that low, you fight him on your terms, after poking him to like 3/4 or half health.
you cant shut down darius. he doesnt need items

SaintHax

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumione View Post
... but name one champion that can kill steal in the spur of the moment as easily as Darius?
Any bursty champ (Le Blanc, Brand, Cass, Diana) and Cho Gath's ult.

Darius is OP, but the refresh isn't the big issue. Depending on the situation, it's no powerful than Brand's ult in 3's, and sometimes less as Brand doesn't have to wait for everyone to get low in life before nuking all three champs. Darius's AD stat increases too fast as he levels-- a small tweak would put him in line with everyone else.

Lumione

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHax View Post
Any bursty champ (Le Blanc, Brand, Cass, Diana) and Cho Gath's ult.

Darius is OP, but the refresh isn't the big issue. Depending on the situation, it's no powerful than Brand's ult in 3's, and sometimes less as Brand doesn't have to wait for everyone to get low in life before nuking all three champs. Darius's AD stat increases too fast as he levels-- a small tweak would put him in line with everyone else.
I upvoted you for posting a rational counter-argument, but i must respectfully disagree. Bursty champs like the ones you list can only unleash their burst once. Darius can unleash his burst as many times as there are enemies to burst.

I've seen a darius go from 0-5 to 6-5 in no time at all just from spamming his ultimate and cleaning up teamfights. As a nocturne player, i find that building spirit visage for magic resist and a strong lifesteal item (hydra or sanguine blade) lets me go toe to toe with brand and expect a reasonable degree of success. Against darius, no, such luck.

I've found you have to be much, much smarter about how and when you engage a darius than you do about how and when to engage any other champ. And considering Darius' "does not give two poops" playstyle, you don't always get to make that choice.