January MCCC - There Will Come Soft Rains

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithreabhach View Post
Thank you for the review Moby. This was a learning experience for me and I'll happily apply your criticism to my future entries. Many of the problems you pointed out were things I was a bit worried about myself. As such, I'll pay more attention to my own concerns and correct them next time around.

That being said, there were a few issues I felt I should clarify.

I really don't understand how you got the idea this was stackable, but I suppose I should clarify that at some point. It's merely a 10% damage reduction for 3 seconds after ability use. It would refresh upon using an ability, but the magnitude would never increase.

Because after each ability use it reapplies, stackable is not the best choice of words but it is definitely never ending.

Completely agree with you here (used Diana's pull for reference). I can definitely increase the range on knockback, as the range definitely seems rather weak.

I completely agree with this as well. I still need work on developing CD and cost, and this is a perfect example of why.

This is precisely what I was worried about. I really should have kept his ultimate closer to its first incarnation, and I'm glad that I got docked for this.

I may be incorrect, but from the information I found 125 is the melee range for champs such as Singed and Malph. As far as speed goes, I deliberately made it slow due to both of his dashes. There are several champs with even lower base movement, so I felt this was justified.

As far as lore goes, I'm happy for the advice and will apply it to future champions.

Thanks again, and I'm glad I got as high as 75%!
^

Moby the White

01-31-2013

Attention Contestants!

Allow me to identify my Rubric for better clarification so that you understand how I judged this contest.
But before I do allow me to fist say that when I judged these entries that I was very lenient in some areas, and this can be seen when you look at how close all the scores are. Also most criteria is based purely on my opinion; however, in the case of Lore you could suggest that my opinion has merit since it is my specialization.

1 Poor- Not a rating that I gave, but if you ever get this rating it means that pretty much every thing is wrong with the ability and it requires tons of work to fix whether it be tooltip, functionality, or if applied to Lore decrees that the Lore is scrapworthy. This is usually not a grade I give.

2. Below Average-It requires major work in order to show improvement and a lot of detail will go into explaining what is wrong with it.

3. Average- It is not **** or great it is average. It requires tweaks in order to fix it but does not take away from the whole of the concept

4. Above Average- It is really good but only has a few things I feel should be changed in order to make it perfect.

5. Excellent- Amazing job requires no fixes seem needed. I am really impressed by the amount of work put into it. I am absolutely in love with the concept and it does not break any rules.

Espy Psyche

01-31-2013

And...I would have been drawn level for second had I mentioned that Remus can equip one weapon only at a time.

Moby the White

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy Psyche View Post
And...I would have been drawn level for second had I mentioned that Remus can equip one weapon only at a time.
you do realize OC has yet to vote right?

Espy Psyche

01-31-2013

Actually I didn't.

Moby the White

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy Psyche View Post
Actually I didn't.
yea so half your score comes from him as well

this goes for everyone...your final score is out of 80

ObscureClockwork

01-31-2013

sorry, i may be a day late at most, but ill get it done
partially because im compiling moby's score with mine too

@ moby, if you get this before i put up score, could you send me a list of your scores? this way, i can just post it out of 80.
thanks

Raptamei

02-01-2013

Feb 1 and weekend. New MCCC coming...?

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

raptamei the previous month's contest isn't even finished yet. Talk about impatience =P

Nacoran

02-01-2013

i cant wait for the new febuary contest but if you guys don't have tie to create it quite yet can you just tell us the theme so we can come up with ideas