How good is Liandry's Torment really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pikohchu

01-07-2013

its good on SOME dps casters. but on ap burst champs like akali, i like building haunting guise early if i know im gonna snowball, and then sell it later when i get a void staff. liandry's just isnt worth it at all

Peligrad

01-08-2013

I think Liandry's is best suited for Tanky AP champions.

The debuff it applies does not scale with AP and the spell pen on it is perfect for tank AP which don't build much AP and instead user their skill's base damage.

Plus the item adds some health to make them more tanky.

Its core on my top Alistar, Rumble and Cho'Gath.

Top Alistar is by far the best character I've found with this because Iceborn gauntlets are amazing on Ali...and this item is amazing with iceborn gauntlets.

JNGIamJungling

Beaumains

01-08-2013

Liandry's is a laner's choice - anybody who likes drawn-out fights, and is especially prefered by champions who have one or more ways to de-mobilize their target: Swain comes to mind, but so does Mundo. The real power of Liandry's, like Morello's, is that it helps mitigate regeneration, which directly opposes harassment.

jmlinden7

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Liandry caters to a very specific subset of champions. These champions excel at whittling down their opponents from afar before the teams engage for a fight. They are characterized by low cooldown long range "poke" spells, or with trap abilities left waiting in common paths.

Teemo, for example, loves Liandry. Toxic Shot is already a DoT effect. When combined with his mushrooms alone he gets a huge damage increase in the fiend. When he gets a Rylai for some survival, he gets an even bigger damage increase, while also gaining increased damage off of Blinding Dart.

Depending on your team comp, Nid is a good candidate for Liandry as well, for very different reasons, as a situational item choice. Javelin Toss has a really low cooldown and really long range. Bushwack traps are single target, and have a fairly debilitating % Reduction debuff, while revealing you for more Javelins. Literally the only thing missing from this combination is Rylai to make both of these whittling abilities slow for double the Liandry damage.

Riot thought about this specifically while designing Liandry. It made even more sense when they built Liandry on Sejuani while testing it.
'

Toxic shot does not proc Liandry's, it's an on-hit effect not a spell. Only spell damage (stuff that procs spell vamp) will proc Liandry's. It's only good on him because it makes his mushrooms hurt like ****, and AP teemo is all about forcing the enemy team to walk over as many mushrooms as possible before a teamfight starts.

zelmawizard

01-10-2013

liandrys is an item which allows you tu burn a part of your enemies hp whenever u deal SPELL DAMAGE and this item is good with ap dot abilities like morde's children of the grave as every time it deals damage it burns that 5% of their hp but this is not good with aoe area things like morganas tourmented soil or malzahars null zone. it also gives you a reasonable amount of ap and health so if u need survivability and ap together theres ur item

ShickenChit

01-11-2013

scales amazing with elise's Q attacks, since she already deals hp % with these.

Rafein

01-11-2013

I like it on tanky AP champs, as it tends to give them some umph. Makes Cho scary in lane, since it procs passive E. Nice to whittle them down until you can eat them.

Also build on Rumble, since he is an AP without mana, his choices are rather limited without wasting gold.

Azkalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

A must have for offensive Amumu's for sure, and maybe even Singed.