Some questions about Karma and Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suspitio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

So, not going to bother you with an intro that much, just been wondering some things:

• How old are Karma and Janna? In Karma's lore, it says Janna helps her improve her fan usage, so I believe she's younger than Janna.
  • What are Karma's power origins? Are her powers concentrated on balancing everything, and does that mean that she would in a fight with someone like, say, unleashed Xerath be able to weaken him down and empower their allies so the one with better will wins?
  • Is there an "evil" force in Janna? I know that her "evil" joke (or whatever it is) has a 10% chance to go off as a memory from her old sound, but her lore mentions she's a force waiting to be unleashed, and can change directions like the wind. Cause if there is, it'd make an awesome story for another champion,
  • What did Janna look like before she attained her powers?

That would be it I guess. Thanks in advance to anyone who'd reply.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

I'll answer the last question. So, if you take away the magical wind effects, levitation, pointy ears, and floating hair, you'll probably get how Janna used to look.

Prince Kassad

01-04-2013

Karma is inspired by pan-Asian religious themes. So her power comes from her spiritual attainment and meditation. Her source of power is supposed to be ambiguous because it is inspired by a huge range of beliefs from Hinduism and Buddhism

On the topic of Janna: I never thought of her as particularly "good." Yes, she is against the evils of Zaun but her lore heavily implies that she is untrustworthy and unpredictable. I assumed that she was closer to "nuetral" alignment than champions like Karma and Soraka that seem totally benevolent. But I don't think there is any evil inside of Janna because I think pure elemental mages cannot be good or evil. They are too much like nature, neither good nor bad, they just are.