So tell me the colours of the different ribbons.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-04-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
And depending on if Lyte ever sees the use of it a white ribbon should be for someone who's obtained all 4.
Don't you mean the elusive purple ribbon that no one has unlocked yet?

In all seriousness, we're still working on additions to the Honor Initiative. There's no current plans to allow players to display multiple ribbons because it's actually visually noisy in many of the solutions we've seen.

Our first priority for Honor is to re-balance the ways to unlock Crests. We feel Honorable Opponent is a bit too easy to unlock and currently too common and the other 3 Crests are too rare. However, we're pretty happy that players who have unlocked Great Leader, Mentor or Great Teammate have actually been extremely positive players on average--we've gotten great feedback from players who have been in games with these Honorable players.

Our goal is to make the other 3 Crests a bit easier to unlock while still maintaining the high quality of positive behavior we're seeing in players who have already unlocked them.

LittleDi

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Don't you mean the elusive purple ribbon that no one has unlocked yet?
... You just want me to go back to playing normal games again don't you?

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
... You just want me to go back to playing normal games again don't you?

you only need to play like 3 games to unlock that one.

Shiister

01-04-2013

Lyte, whats the minuim of points to get a ribbon? also, I didn't get a Baron icon, yet was on good behavior during the holidays and even before that? What was needed to get one of those.

LittleDi

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Lyte, whats the minuim of points to get a ribbon? also, I didn't get a Baron icon, yet was on good behavior during the holidays and even before that? What was needed to get one of those.
The minimum is not a known number as it will change based on if you were friends or not with the people whom give you the honor.

I got friendly at 10 (currently 35) points from complete strangers. I only have 23 of helpful and that's the blue one. I also am at 60 Teamwork.

Kchaosrei

01-04-2013

lyte what about the lack of people handing out honor these days? I know over all i am considered a positive player ( got nashor on first pass). I have gotten the honorable opponent 2xs now and have lost it 2xs.

but getting honor seems impossible. Out of 10 games i may get 1 team honor and maybe 1 opponent honor. occasionally i get some runs where people are just handing out the love in honor form but that was how i got opponent again. This overall behavior is rare though.

Will Riot look into a plan for incentives for giving honor? I feel like when i give honor out to those who deserve it but not also recognized i am being cheated. Makes me wonder why i should pass out honor in the first place.

shadooklaw

01-05-2013

I've seen 2 blue ones, a few or so green ones, and tons of red ones, but I've never seen the yellow one O_O

Novavell

01-05-2013

can you get more than 1 ribbon?

LittleDi

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novavell View Post
can you get more than 1 ribbon?
Yes, but only the least common one will show.

Based on what Lyte has said nobody has the purple ribbon which is gifted for having all 4.
Following that apparently mentor as I have all 3 allied team ribbons.
Teamwork is possibly next or Friendly. These are possibly interchangeable.
Opponent is reported to be the easiest to get by players.

One Of Death

01-05-2013

On my old acc in the EU (before I switched to NA servers) I had every single "ribbon".

Red = Honorable opponent

Blue = Great Mentor (from helpful honors)

Green = Great Team mate

Yellow = Great team leader (from having 3+ of the other ribbons)

I never got one for helpful so I'm not sure what looks like. I think it's also blue though.