Tips for an OK player to carry out of elo hell?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter900

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
Pick one or two champions and pick one role and play only those champions in only that role. This way you can focus solely on working towards your elo goal without having to diversify and deal with multiple champion types and situations.
I wouldn't actually advise doing this, knowing what other roles do is crucial to being able to do good. If you really don't want to learn all the roles, try just learning roles that directly impact each other, ie. adc/support jungler/top etc.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxamus View Post
Only use emoticons to communicate, it makes everything easier.
I logged in just to +1 this =)

Ophirr

01-04-2013

I'll be watching this thread, because I just dropped from 1588 to 1430 T.T. A problem I notice in games is when one person does poorly, and another person starts flaming them, and a major flame war happens. You should look to nip these in the bud as soon as possible. I made the mistake of letting one of these go on too long, but I still stopped it in the end by saying "Nunu, just because Caitlyn is playing poorly, doesn't mean you get to abuse her." He said fine and stopped. Of course, sometimes the victim will use that as excuse to flame back, so you have to confront them as well. Hope this helps.

Lux Eternus

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
This
You changed your name!!!

DeathByWaffle

01-04-2013

Quote:
Pick one or two champions and pick one role and play only those champions in only that role. This way you can focus solely on working towards your elo goal without having to diversify and deal with multiple champion types and situations.
Terrible advice because it's only partially complete advice.

Learn to play one specific role very well, but know how to play one other role and support proficiently. If you do not know how to play support, don't ranked until you learn how.

Take me for example. I main top and that's my absolute preferred lane and I like to consider myself as pretty good in that lane. However, I also know how to play mid and support proficiently.

So long as you know how to play three roles with one of those roles being support, you'll do fine. I got to diamond last season only knowing top/mid/support after all :P

Hallows Evelynn

01-04-2013

Quote:

PLEASE do not do this. if u only know how to play one o r 2 champs in ranked then your only going to bring ur team down when that role and champ is taken. so u either have to dodge, troll to force someone else to dodge, or go 0/20 in game.

LEARN MULTIPLE CHAMPS A NND ALL ROLES. sure it might take a while to learn that many champs and roles, but ull be ALOT better in the long run and will be diamond material.

its fine to have a "main" champion of course that your best at and dominate with. but pls, dont learn ONLY that champ and ONLY that role he plays.

Jungle God

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
This
I think your name might answer my question xD

sornvru

Recruiter

01-04-2013

A friend and I carried ourselves from about 800-1200 over a few weeks. Here's what we did.

We played an initiator with cc and a follow-up initiator (ex. Leona + Noc)
We warded as much as possible
We kept our team grouped up

My friend if support fed our AD carry
I if jungle fed our top or mid

Our mentality was basically that if you want people at low elo to win, you have to make it impossible for them to lose. If you hold down the other team from doing anything, the rest of your team will eventually kill them, making your team good enough to win by themselves.

If your team has good coordination (like duo queue) and a decent lvl 1, invade. If you don't feel comfortable invading their team, invade the buff they aren't at. It hurts their jungler and allows your jungler the likelihood of ganking better than the enemy jungle.

In low Elo, cc is king. Most people's mentality (like in this thread) is "assassins kill everything, etc." That's because a lot of low elo players forget that if they get cc'd, they're useless. Since people see the effects of damage better than they see the effects of cc, when someone does mostly cc and little damage, it generally goes unnoticed.

Plus since a lot of people take the "assassins can carry" mentality, you just play someone who can easily cc the assassins, making them useless.

metalaug

01-04-2013

Quote:
This
it doesn't help much when your team is...

a) too stupid they don't understand what you're saying
or
b) too stubborn they refuse to change what they're doing
or both.

the way to carry is to play an aggressive "killer" jungler like Jax, Xin or even Darius, etc.

NinjaLlamas

01-04-2013

Lee Sin.