@Statikk, Wriggle's Lantern

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

01-07-2013

You answered a thread a few weeks ago suggesting a pink ward on Wriggle's Lantern instead of a green, and it got me to thinking about the item..

What are your thoughts on the unique passive 'Maim'?
Why is it a random 25% chance? Is it to give junglers varying clear times or something?

Wouldn't this passive better serve the likes of Nocturne and Shyvana (junglers that benefit from attack speed) if it were to be something like:
"Passive: Unique - Maim: Every fourth auto attack deals X bonus magic damage to minions and monsters".

Possibly it just works on a counter, and you can waste your bonus magic damage on a champion that it doesn't apply to - at the same time you could get stacks hitting champions and then whack a minion for the extra magic damage.

I'm just saying that it could be used skillfully by a good jungler, and be absolutely wasted on a bad jungler in such scenarios as dragon and baron where you could hold off your fourth hit then AA for 600ish damage and smite immediately for a safer objective secured.

I'm just spitballing here, by the way. If a Rioter were to come in and explain as to why it's a random chance, that'd be great.

But until then, I'll just say that it feels SOGUD when you kill a blue golem in about 4 hits because your wriggle's procs every time; it feels SOBAD when it doesn't proc once in about 10 AA's.

TL;DR - I'm not a fan of the random percentile on Wriggle's Lantern.

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

TBH Wriggles doesn't need any buffs, its easily the most powerful Machete item.

InertBlowfish

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisid View Post
I wasn't suggesting buffs, I just don't like that they took out dodge because it was too random but they leave other % chance items in the game.

(Not a big fan of crit either).

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-07-2013

But if there was no crit adcs would be useless

InertBlowfish

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMancer View Post
But if there was no crit adcs would be useless
Debatable.
I haven't once built a crit item on Varus and I have a fairly decent win rate with him.

But I'm not going to argue crit in this thread.

This thread is about all of da wriggles.

InertBlowfish

01-07-2013

Self deprecating bump.

the540penguin

01-07-2013

I completely agree regarding the wriggles!

PS Don't argue about crit, it's dumb as hell anyway and (imo) tied for the most broken aspect of the game along with resets.

Take out resets, take out crits (or cap crit chance at 30%) and the entire game will change...forever. Only issue is that vayne now hardcounters everyone in the game and tanks dominate everything everywhere..... meh armor's still useless anyway

Niceguydan8

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisid View Post
Probably the most powerful objective control item. Elder Golem is a better teamfighting item on jungle tanks/bruisers.

I personally think they could just make a wriggles upgrade that gives out the pink ward. Giving a pink ward on wriggles right now instead of a green would make it really strong. Increasing the total cost and being able to leave it at its current state seems more reasonable to me.

Khaijit

01-07-2013

nah, sometimes i like to hit the magic bonus 4 times in a row. It makes me feel good.

InertBlowfish

01-07-2013

Self pitying bump.