"Bronze/Silver Players' Opinions Mean Nothing"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skilliard

07-14-2014

What people fail to realize is that rank does not measure how well you understand the game. It measures how good you are at the game.

You can fully understand the game and still be ****. You can miss every skillshot, fail at dodging and kiting, misclick all the time, and be bad at making quick decisions. Take the guy that plays with a pencil in his mouth, for example. He understands the game really damn well, but he's only in silver because the lack of functional hands makes him incapable of playing it properly.

The same goes for someone who doesn't understand the game. If you have good enough mechanics, you can still reach diamond even when you don't understand the game that well. It's easy to copy what people tell you by building and acting as guides tell you, but it doesn't mean you understand why things are the way they are. Just because you know what objectives to go for, that csing and warding is important, and all that doesn't mean you understand WHY it is that way.

Now don't get me wrong, it's more likely that a diamond player understands the game than a bronze player. But it is not guaranteed either.

Please stop dissing bronze and silver players for voicing their opinion over game design. Their opinions are still valid if they can provide proper reasoning behind it.

ihateweebs

07-14-2014

A wise man once said:
"There's too many low elos on this forum. They stifle unpopular opinions by diamonds with oppressive downvotes. They don't understand anything, they can only mindlessly parrot things. Please don't listen to anything anyone below Diamond says about balance, Riot.

An example: they still think Irelia is underpowered right now. They think that because of the "better nerf Irelia" circlejerk. I'm sure everyone on the Riot balance team knows that Irelia is pretty strong right now though.

I expect this thread to be downvoted until it's closed. Obviously, this thread will be proof that people in bronze can't take unpopular opinions and so should lose their voting-on-diamond-post powers. They should also not be taken seriously about balance.

----------------

Low elos should learn to stop back talking diamond 1s or higher. If someone from bronze has an opinion that differs from a diamond 1's, the bronzie should NOT try to reason with the high elo. He shouldn't ask why either. He should take what the diamond says as fact without talking back. Too many times, I've seen a bronzie backtalk a diamond 1, and it's disgusting, because the bronzie is wrong most of the time. The only time a bronzie is right is when 500,000 bronzies are talking back to a single diamond 1. There's a reason why you're stuck in bronze. It's because you think different than the diamonds. Start thinking like a diamond."

Rackier

07-14-2014

i stopped reading at the first sentence. stop deluding yourself.

Ayatori

07-14-2014

hi skill

Skilliard

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
hi skill
Ohai there lol.

PanzeKampfWagen

07-14-2014

Well, some people don't realize that you don't need to be freakin challenger to say that building DFG on vayne is not the best idea ever.

Ayatori

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzeKampfWagen View Post
Well, some people don't realize that you don't need to be freakin challenger to say that building DFG on vayne is not the best idea ever.
wtf it isn't?

RainbowWindslash

07-14-2014

He has a point though you could know the same amount of things as those higher then you but have the motor skills of a monkey having a seizure resulting in you being stuck in bronze.

Gangsta Weeaboo

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackier View Post
i stopped reading at the first sentence. stop deluding yourself.
+1

Dedrius

07-14-2014

I agree with your main point, but game knowledge has a major effect on your elo. If you know every champ inside and out, you are clearly going to be better than someone who does not. Now game knowledge alone won't get you to diamond most likely, but it will take you out of bronze or silver.

That being said, since bronze and silver players account for a majority of the playerbase, you can't discount any opinion that they have just because of their rank.