Tribunal working as intended!?!?!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janna F Kennedy

01-03-2013

So why was this guy not punished?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6098266/#nogo

I've lost faith in the tribunal.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Eh, nothing really punishable to me. He is annoying and act stupid, but can't really punish someone for being themselves.

Janna F Kennedy

01-04-2013

Here. Let me help you out, since I think you didn't read the case, probably like the other people that voted on it.

Zed [00:11:03] get ready
Zed [00:11:23] wow Sivir
Zed [00:11:27] ****ing terrible beyond bad
Zed [00:11:32] wow
Zed [00:11:33] lmfao
Zed [00:11:42] grats worst Sivir NA

This right here isn't bannable? Please stop participating in the tribunal. Thanks.

Enterti

01-04-2013

I was laughing through that entire game 1. Honestly I don't think this guy really deserves a punish but could stand to stop talking every once and a while.

Derpshot

01-04-2013

Lmao, the question is, would you personally wanna play a game with this guy?

my answer is yes he's a funny goof lol

theurbanraptor

01-04-2013

Well, im not sure why either, probably because people found it funny. However, no one asked him to stop cussing. Which was excessive in game 1. Usually in a game, I ask nicely is someone is doing offensive to stop. If they don't then they get a report. Furthermore, i prefer to write something in the report. I hate judging reports with no info.

Game 2: The reporter was most obviously the cho that didn't get help on the wolves. He didn't need a ban. Maybe a warning for language thats about it.

easpider

01-04-2013

I can kind of see both sides. There are some ones in the tribunal where I selected punish, and I get it wrong because people pardon. I look through again and decide I'd likely come to the same conclusion.

On the other hand, many games where I chide someone for being mean, they stop it. I'll say something like "that wasn't very nice" or "that's not constructive" and generally, people will chill out.

Harate

01-04-2013

Looks like everyone was having a good time in the chat to me. Looks like Janna F Kennedy is the one who doesn't read the cases. Try looking at more than just purple chat then come try Tribunal again. ;]

Maddigan

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna F Kennedy View Post
I've lost faith in the tribunal.
Like you, I'm also coming to terms with a few of the Pardon decisions the tribunal has made. After what I thought would an obvious ban (e.g. "f**k u noob", "there's a d**k on ur face"), several of my Punish votes were overruled by an overwhelming majority.

At first it made me wonder if I'd somehow done something wrong - the Justice Review says "Very Few" agreed with me, and my % correct was lowered by these cases. And upon reviewing the cases, I decided I still would have voted Punish. I would not have wanted to play with those people. How could the other reviewers have missed it?

Of the cases I was in the minority, the result are all Pardons. But I bet there's someone out there who has the opposite problem, is slightly more lenient but is also occasionally in the minority.

In the end, here is my takeaway:

a) Contrary to the opinion of the trolls coming to this forum to dispute their ban, not everybody is spamming Punish in the Tribunal

b) The majority rules here and it's not perfect but it there are errors on either side. There are probably cases where I've pardoned that other reviwers in the minority have thought "WTF!?"

c) My own Justice Review % correct doesn't matter as much as another evening of not having to play with toxic players.

d) If they're big enough jerks, they'll be back in the tribunal and take their chances again.

Jasiwel

01-04-2013

Game 1 had very few instances, but honestly I thought the chat log for Game 1 was hilarious. I can see it as annoying, but only once was it hardly abusive and with context it's obviously a joke.

Game 2 is different because that small section where he trashes his teammate a bit. However, he doesn't persist past that one point.

Like others say, he's annoying and boisterous, but not really insulting or toxic. I can certainly see why one would punish or pardon.