Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Project Vi: Cosplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaphy

01-04-2013

Hi all!

Having finished my Sona Cosplay (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2933999) and hung up my floating harp, I've decided to tackle a new project.

Vi, The Piltover Enforcer.

I'm currently working on just about everything in it at once, I've got patterns for her corset, leg plates waiting to be painted and most importantly, her gauntlets in pieces all around my house.

I have /no/ idea how long this project will take me but I'm working on it in every spare minute I can get when I'm not playing LoL.. so.. not many spare minutes there.. and aim to have it complete for PAX Australia in July (Though Supanova Gold Coast in April would be fun)!

Attached are some of my progress pictures so far.

5/01/12

1. The Gauntlet Scale test - Gives a general idea as to how big they'll be, that photo doesn't have the fingers which adds even more to them. This picture is pretty old, I'd started work on it a few weeks ago after I could get my hands on Vi's model to play with.

Currently I've got almost all of the pieces for the gauntlets roughly made and ready to be paper mached to death. Once that's done, I'll paint up a few layers of gesso and start painting base colours for the pieces before full assembly.

2. My base wig arrived! Really wasn't sure as to how to make the shaved "Skrillex-y" part of her hairstyle, got a few ideas but right now, just pinning the wig awkwardly so my own hair shows for the darker part is kind of working and I like it.

3. "Casual Vi" Just threw on some clothes I had similar to hers and random goggles to get a feel for how it'll all come together. Can't wait to sew her jacket, oh my gosh. Cheesy phone selfies are the best.

08/01/12

Work has kept me from progressing much over the weekend, but I do have some more progress pictures!

4. The reference sketch I'm working off from the top of Vi's gauntlet- mostly following the official splash art here for the top side, but following the 3D Model for the underside.

5. Tons of pieces! Hell, I'm already regretting foregoing my months of sketches and planning for cosplay on this one, there are so many goddamn pieces to make! You can see some of the pieces I've been working on in this one, mostly the underside of the gauntlets and the, what I'm calling "top shields", large panels that cover the topside.
I've also got my upper leg plates in the picture which are ready to be painted- I followed the 3D Model for those as I was more interested in the details that were on the model.

Off screen I've begun doing some fun things- started resin casting the 8 bolts that line her knuckles which flash orange/red when she procs her third hit of Denting Blows. Each one has a giant red LED cast inside so I can flick on the light. Still not entirely sold on the fingers and putting them off for the moment, I actually want to think a bit before I jump on them.

See my DA Gallery Here :> (http://zaphrice.deviantart.com/gallery/)

Love to hear all feedback and comments!

Cheers,

Zaphy!

Cruxshadows

01-04-2013

way to go. helps you look a lot like her. please keep this bumped

LovelessAngels

01-05-2013

Damn I can't wait to see it your sona was good but to be honest but not rude sona been done sooo much but Vi ohhhh i can't wait to see it because it's a new champ and i also liked your other cosplay. Can't wait !

Sylph

Recruiter

01-06-2013

Thanks for sharing! Keep the creativeness flowing

Priegofacro

Recruiter

01-08-2013

You are pretty.

Zaphy

01-08-2013

Thanks for the support guys!

Aubade

01-08-2013

It's 2013 not 2012 =P Looks great!

KHDragonn

01-09-2013

I like your wig choice. Can't wait to see a finished gauntlet =D

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

01-16-2013

Woa! This is looking great! I cant' wait to see the final look~

Super Explosion

01-16-2013

As a note, aluminum house siding is relatively lightweight strong and inexpensive, if you need a metallic construction material.