How did S3 itemization impact bruisers on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobtactical

01-04-2013

I haven't been able to play as much over the past 2 months or so and I've had a hard time keeping up on how all the S3 changes have impacted TT. Since I play mostly bruisers on our regular 3v3 team (mostly we play for fun, but we try ) I'm curious what the net change has been.

Also I believe I saw Sam say that people don't really build much defense anymore and build for offense (can't remember if it was a post or on his stream).

When I play I know it feels like it takes longer / costs more to itemize my champions than before. This seems to line up with the patch notes saying that they increased cost on AS, MR, & Armor across the board.

Thanks in advance for opinions.

Bobinatorlol

01-04-2013

Instead of building tanky and doing good damage. They now build AD and do a **** ton of damage. I 'main' AP bot in ranked and fill the role most of the time in normals. Personally I like the changes. Yes bruisers hit harder, but they die a lot quicker.

Most of them rush or get BC early on. By the time they get that I'll have maybe 40-60 armor as AP? Leaving me with <20 armor after full stacks. Not really a big deal considering if they did somehow manage to get full BC stacks I was going to die regardless.

For (most) AP's the new DFG gave them what they needed. No longer do I need to be afraid of farming at my lane while being at 50% health. If I have my ult and a DFG most bruisers know they will get chin checked. The new cap helped us survive being focused in team fights.

There is still a lot to be tested/worked on with items like Muramana and SoTD. So a lot is still capable of being changed.

Noobtactical

01-07-2013

Thanks for the reply