Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How did S3 itemization impact bruisers on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobtactical

01-04-2013

I haven't been able to play as much over the past 2 months or so and I've had a hard time keeping up on how all the S3 changes have impacted TT. Since I play mostly bruisers on our regular 3v3 team (mostly we play for fun, but we try ) I'm curious what the net change has been.

Also I believe I saw Sam say that people don't really build much defense anymore and build for offense (can't remember if it was a post or on his stream).

When I play I know it feels like it takes longer / costs more to itemize my champions than before. This seems to line up with the patch notes saying that they increased cost on AS, MR, & Armor across the board.

Thanks in advance for opinions.

Bobinatorlol

01-04-2013

Instead of building tanky and doing good damage. They now build AD and do a **** ton of damage. I 'main' AP bot in ranked and fill the role most of the time in normals. Personally I like the changes. Yes bruisers hit harder, but they die a lot quicker.

Most of them rush or get BC early on. By the time they get that I'll have maybe 40-60 armor as AP? Leaving me with <20 armor after full stacks. Not really a big deal considering if they did somehow manage to get full BC stacks I was going to die regardless.

For (most) AP's the new DFG gave them what they needed. No longer do I need to be afraid of farming at my lane while being at 50% health. If I have my ult and a DFG most bruisers know they will get chin checked. The new cap helped us survive being focused in team fights.

There is still a lot to be tested/worked on with items like Muramana and SoTD. So a lot is still capable of being changed.

Noobtactical

01-07-2013

Thanks for the reply