New Champions that already exist!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

01-04-2013

Oh hey, maybe that Dragon that Javen killed in Shyvanna's lore could be like some huge dragon, but you know, not dead? or undead.. but don't make their ult "Human's Decent" that would be silly.

itomontoya

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenEmporer View Post
So i know a lot of you don't want new champions coming out as often as they are and would rather riot balance the existing champs they have now. And while i agree with you on this subject, the fact of the matter remains is that riot makes their money on this free to play game with new champions and skins. So while yes they may be always striving for balance on all champions, they production of new champs won't stop. They have to make money, every business does.

What i would like to see, and i don't know if anyone in the community feels the same way as i do, is the lore of League of Legends continually progress. Already in a lot of the bio's of a lot characters their exist Champions in the League of Legends mythos.

Cases in point:

Miss Fortune- Red eyed pirate with bandana across his face that killed her mom. He already exists in the lore, and the world knows she is searching for him. Why not bring him to the League?

Irelia- What about her brother Zelos? I dont recall anywhere saying he died. He is a sergeant in the Ionian military who went to seek Demacian aide. Lets bring him to the league.

Alistar- The slave girl Ayelia. She somehow managed to arrange the escape of Alistar and Alistar is still searching for her. Let him find her and bring her to the league.

Twisted Fate- Dr. Rath is pissed off as all hell at TF, and even TF knows he will have to face him eventually. Why not have TF's day of reckoning come at the league. Bring Rath to the league to exact his vengeance on TF.

These were the only examples i could think of. But i think it would be awesome if we saw these already existing characters come to life. Anyone else agree?
Noooo!
Sorry for that but I just don't think some of them would fit in... Wait don't down vote me just yet! Hear me out plz!
I love the lores on most of the champions in the league. When a new champion comes out, I go for the plot. Before I bother to see the skills. Some lure have inspired me to play them like Orianna, Zyra, Ahri, Morgana, Kennen, Sona, Alistar and the much loved to hate ''Irelia''. The memories of the missing love ones, the die hard hope to find them somewhere (the league), somehow (the league) is what has brought some of them here! TO THE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS! To fight heart and soul! Pushing them forward beyond what they would have otherwise fail on. They motivate our champions through the harsh storm and sea of WARRRRR.

If Alistar finds his girl... we'll seen the last of him as he merrily hops to his honeymoon of no return. His happy ever after! F that, ali go bot lane and support our carry asap (>.>)

RavenEmporer

01-04-2013

So i thought i would be more proactive since people seem on board with the idea.

I have never tried a character concept, but i play a lot of support so i will try my hand at Ayelia.

Ayelia, the Path to Freedom (corny name i know, but i couldnt think of anything better lol)

Escape Artist (passive)- nearby allied champions ignore unit collision.

Safe Transport- 50/60/70/80/90 mana- Targeted allied champion becomes invisible for 2/2.25/2.5/2/75/3 seconds. 20/17/15/13/11 second cooldown.

Paid off the Guard- 40/45/50/55/60 mana- Skillshot. affected enemy champion moves in the complete opposite direction of Ayelia for 1/1.25/1.5/2/2.25 seconds and take 75/90/105/120/135 (+0.6) magic damage (fear like effect mechanics, or like a reverse ahri charm) 9/8/7/6/5 second cooldown.

Question your loyalty- 75 mana- enemy champions wrack their minds over right and wrong and as a consequence take 25/35/45/55/65 (+0.7) magic damage each second for 5 seconds (slightly less ability power ratio than malzahar's malefic visions, but ends up doing 335 damage after 5 seconds whereas malzahars only does a base of 320)

Pardon (ultimate)- 100/150/200 mana- all nearby enemy champions are teleported a short distance to Ayelia (about half the distance of flash) breaking all current disables and become immune to further disables for 4 seconds. 120/100/80 second cooldown.

I absolutely have no idea if this is balanced in anyway shape or form, but i designed the kit to focus on what little lore we have of Ayelia, which is helping people escape for good.

A little Lore on Ayelia:

For almost her entire childhood, Ayelia was a slave to Noxus. I wine bearer to the Noxian elite who came to view the spectacle known in Noxus as the "Fleshing". Do to her status as a servant to the most highly ranked officials in Noxus, there were very few places Ayelia was not allowed to go and even fewer guards who dared to stop her, for fear of making her masters wait for her because of them. She quickly learned to use the latter aspect of this to her benefit. She started small. Smuggling food to some of the Gladiator's in the pit. Then eventually medicine. This seemingly insignificant act is what allowed Xin Zhao, then known as Viscero, to become the legend in the "Fleshing" pit that he became. But this wasnt enough for Ayelia. She hated Noxus and wanted to liberate the gladiators. Having been privvy to conversations of national security matters, Ayelia was very aware of what Jarvan the 2nd looked like. She saw her chance. In a bold move, she confronted the Demacian King and told him she had the ability to help him with whatever endeavor he had braved to come here for. With her aide, Jarvan II freed Xin Zhao.

Over the years, Ayelia perfected her art and helped more and more gladiators escape. But none had ever emotionally affected her as much as when she first laid eyes on Alistar, the Minotaur. She could see the pure nobleness of his soul and she vowed then and there that this time she would risk anything to free this gladiator. It took her some years, but she finally managed to arrange Alistar's escape. However this time, her extreme emotional attachment to this one gladiator, made her take risks that she normally wouldnt. She was found out as the one helping the gladiators escape. Now it was time for Ayelia to free one more person: herself. She escaped the city-state of Noxus, and much to the high command frustration, was unable to be apprehended. Eventually word caught her ears, that Alistar had entered the league of legends. He was a constant campaigner against Noxus. She would not let her friend stand up to Noxus alone. So to the League of Legends she went.

"So long as i breathe, the unjust chains of Noxus will shackle no one" -Ayelia.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

I don't like it. Lorewise it's kind of silly in some cases. Most champions join the League for some really good reason. They have to be controlled like puppets usually in exchange for some huge resolve or if they're just whackos that like to fight that bad.

Tang Bohu

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togekiss24 View Post
What about the criminal that Caitlyn's been trying to catch all this time? I think a bandit would make an interesting concept in the league.
That's smart. If this happens he better have a Pickpocket-esque passive.

Keitterman

01-04-2013

you know what would be even better than this? if they put effort in to the lore

RadiantPyrophore

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novavell View Post
What about katrina's father and talon's master " General Du Couteau" he sounds promising
Except for the fact that he's double extra dead.

Cynical Rain

01-05-2013

Excerpt Anivia's Lore:

In a move that caught the League by surprise, the Cryophoenix recently entreated the summoners of the Institute of War to research a means in bringing across others of her elemental fellows.

Clifford the Big Blue Cryodog.

P.s

In all seriousness, Anivia's friend must be at-least as cool as her. (Including the kit as well as aesthetics)

RadiantPyrophore

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Rain View Post
Excerpt Anivia's Lore:

In a move that caught the League by surprise, the Cryophoenix recently entreated the summoners of the Institute of War to research a means in bringing across others of her elemental fellows.

Clifford the Big Blue Cryodog.

P.s

In all seriousness, Anivia's friend must be at-least as cool as her. (Including the kit as well as aesthetics)
Hi, my name is Malphite, I'm an earth elemental.

Yvo

01-05-2013

Pretty sure the pirate guy with a red eye is gangplank.