Got banned twice without breaking the summoner's code - other thread closed no reason

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jryiah

01-04-2013

Dude I would have totally pardon this case.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6058278/#nogo

Your chat log was not that bad, you only had one minor slip-up in a frustrating game.
Yeah it was a bad game, but that is not ban-able, unless your trying to loose.
Completely an unjust ban, very sorry it happened to you.

EDIT: For some strange reason, I did not see game 3-4. Thats borderline if you ask me. Work on those deaths and try to be more positive for your team.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrremLotion View Post
what the hell is wrong with u
How dare he try to help you! He is completely in the wrong to explain to you the rationale behind your bans. He must be some sort of Nazi that is supporting an unjust system because this ban was so obviously not required. Its not like he's been trying to be kind to you while you have insulted him and wished that he had died at all. Yeah, this is AMERICA dammit, your behavior has only one judge and he ain't no internet nerd...

/sarcasm

First, you'll all notice that I might have gone off the deep-end there, because I have never seen someone that is so obviously arrogant and sure of their behavior in that he would insult one of the few people that was willing to help him. Krrem, get this through your head. My compatriots explained to you why they would have voted punish on this case. At that point you devolved into insults and attacks because you are unwilling to take responsibility for a negative behavior that had consequences. You have threatened, tried to invoke Godwin's Law, and been a general cantankerous fellow, while Penguin has shown an amazing degree of patience in trying to deal with you. I would have Pardoned you, but your behavior in this thread only further legitimizes your punishment and Riot isn't going to reverse the ban of a player that would act like this on the forums.

Jasiwel

01-04-2013

I would have pardoned Case 1. I don't think you did enough to warrant a punish.

I'm still deciding on Case 2. For each game, you get gradually worse and your BM kind of goes overboard to the point where you agitate everyone around you. I'd probably pardon you given how the BM itself wasn't that bad compared to what I would consider punishable behavior, but the context and how it affected everyone makes that a borderline pardon.

I do want to say that you need to not die as much. Every game you died at least 10 times and while nothing is wrong with that to warrant reporting for punishment, it will attract a lot of resentment from your teammates. I wish there were replays, but that many deaths often causes players to think you were intentionally feeding. You also need to respond better and listen better to your team. Really, the cases just makes it look like you're an unskilled player than anything else. Not saying you are, but frankly I would have pardoned you based on the Summoner's Code and that your behavior is hardly toxic in these cases. That said, please be more respectful and mindful of other players in your games, both ally and enemy both.

Jamie98s

01-04-2013

one person could perceive a slight bit of negativity from those games, thus the ban is justified.

AJStarhiker

01-04-2013

Case one:

Game 3: You first call for a surrender 2 minutes into the game. Not punish, but does indicate a possible negative attitude. Those are usually flags for me to take a closer look at the game. However, your next comment is, if not an instapunish, then definately a nail in the coffin: You tell your team "garen shuold rape fiora". I checked your team and saw that Fiora was an ally and no Garen on your team. Had I seen this game first in Tribunal, I probably would have checked the other games just to be thorough, but would have still chosen punish.

Case two:

Game 1: You have twice as many deaths as anyone else on the team. You also say nothing whatsoever in the game.

Game 2: You call for a surrender before the 3 minute mark and say nothing else the rest of the game

Game 3: You were rather rude to your teammates a couple times.

Individually, the games in case two don't look bad, but taken together, you come across as a someone with a negative attitude who won't play as part of a team. It's the pattern of behavior, rather than specific instances or comments that would draw a punish in this case.

KrremLotion

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
Case one:

Game 3: You first call for a surrender 2 minutes into the game. Not punish, but does indicate a possible negative attitude. Those are usually flags for me to take a closer look at the game. However, your next comment is, if not an instapunish, then definately a nail in the coffin: You tell your team "garen shuold rape fiora". I checked your team and saw that Fiora was an ally and no Garen on your team. Had I seen this game first in Tribunal, I probably would have checked the other games just to be thorough, but would have still chosen punish.

Case two:

Game 1: You have twice as many deaths as anyone else on the team. You also say nothing whatsoever in the game.

Game 2: You call for a surrender before the 3 minute mark and say nothing else the rest of the game

Game 3: You were rather rude to your teammates a couple times.

Individually, the games in case two don't look bad, but taken together, you come across as a someone with a negative attitude who won't play as part of a team. It's the pattern of behavior, rather than specific instances or comments that would draw a punish in this case.
Clearly you HAVEN'T read the chatlog because if you did you would know that I said garen should rape fiora when the team was talking about garen vs fiora pre and in game. But you dont know that or read it not surprised what else could I expect from the people who find anything offensive. How am I not playing as a part of my team? I have 1600 rating that's way above 99% of the people who play LOL if what I'm doing is not good then I would have been much lower elo. if i think my team has no idea whta theyre doing why should i listen to them?

KrremLotion

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
How dare he try to help you! He is completely in the wrong to explain to you the rationale behind your bans. He must be some sort of Nazi that is supporting an unjust system because this ban was so obviously not required. Its not like he's been trying to be kind to you while you have insulted him and wished that he had died at all. Yeah, this is AMERICA dammit, your behavior has only one judge and he ain't no internet nerd...

/sarcasm

First, you'll all notice that I might have gone off the deep-end there, because I have never seen someone that is so obviously arrogant and sure of their behavior in that he would insult one of the few people that was willing to help him. Krrem, get this through your head. My compatriots explained to you why they would have voted punish on this case. At that point you devolved into insults and attacks because you are unwilling to take responsibility for a negative behavior that had consequences. You have threatened, tried to invoke Godwin's Law, and been a general cantankerous fellow, while Penguin has shown an amazing degree of patience in trying to deal with you. I would have Pardoned you, but your behavior in this thread only further legitimizes your punishment and Riot isn't going to reverse the ban of a player that would act like this on the forums.
He wasn't trying to help me. You saying that insults me. His reasoning was nuts and he didn't even read the cases.

just because he took a lot of time to write bull**** filled posts doesn't mean he had anything good to say to me.

please be quiet

KrremLotion

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie98s View Post
one person could perceive a slight bit of negativity from those games, thus the ban is justified.
This is exactly what's wrong with the tribunal. Anyone can perceive anything as slightly negative and then the case is judged by the same unqualified people who report just to feel like they have some power. Sick stuff. Most of the people who replied here are playing co-op vs ai and normal games, they don't even understand how the game works in the slighest but they still think they should give me advice on how to play hahaha.... funny

AMDphreak

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
I dont think you understand how the tribunal works.

1) it takes many reports in many games to even show up in the tribunal
2) a random selection of all of your reported games is used to form a sample of your behavior (this does NOT include all games in which you were reported. rather 1-5 random games)
3) the tribunal votes on your sample. if even one instance is worth punishing they are to be punished
4) if this was a two week ban this means he has been found guilty of this type of behavior by the tribunal multiple times in the past. the ban has nothing to do with severity of the offense rather the amount of chances you have been punished and not changed behavior.
Your weakest link theory is invalid. The Tribunal is there to administer a punishment for consistent negative behavior. If I were this guy's enemy, I wouldn't give two ****s about his "BAITED" thing. And there is such a thing as having a dumb ally who feeds in mid after forcing you to go to a different lane, and then accuses you of feeding, because you're forced into a lane you weren't built for.

It also only takes many FALSE POSITIVE reports to show up. Do you even know how many people are out there abusing the reporting system, because they didn't like their ally, or because they lost their game and felt annoyed by the enemy for winning?

Yes people abuse the system. You're refusing to see the truth, because you think your pet Tribunal system is invulnerable to abuse.

AMDphreak

01-05-2013

I'm really sorry that these Tribunal zealots refuse to put logic and analysis before their "it's da rules" zero tolerance policy.

Apparently, they don't know how to holistically judge a case, and they certainly can't use their imagination properly, because they have two false assumptions ("opinions" or "beliefs"):

1. The Tribunal can't ban people who don't deserve to be banned. THIS IS FALSE.

The Tribunal are composed of people who are most likely complete idiots. Remember, 50% of people have a lower IQ than 100. Also, people make mistakes, and when it comes to judging other people, these mistakes rise immensely. A huge majority of people are unaware that they, themselves, have cognitive biases. For instance, the Fundamental Attribution Error.

2. What is in the chat log is irrefutable evidence that something is worth banning for. THIS IS FALSE.

Like I said above, the people cannot accurately judge a situation, because they don't know the situation. They can make some reasonable guesses about what happened, but here's what happens when you make a reasonable guess: You may have ignored an entirely different reasonable guess that completely changes the picture.

Most people are simply not smart enough to watch out for these logical dilemmas. This is why the popular voting system is not sufficient for judging Tribunal cases.