Whats with nunu's kit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catastrophicSkil

01-04-2013

I don't understand nunu's kit and why people support with him outside of his W and the slow on the E which isnt much his kit does nothing

I know his ult has the potential to do massive amounts of damage but rarely do i ever see it happen i dont play him offten but just based on how easy it is to counter his ult which is dont stand next to nunu i see him almost useless unless you have a few aoe stuns like amumu oriana malphite which are normally banned majority of the time

As a support his Q is useless and in the meta of the Support with 0 CS would actually hurt the team

The only ADCs I see nunu being a ok pair with are vayne and kog maw because of the true damage on vayne and % of hp on kog

Jungle is the only place i really see him somewhat useful to the team

MarcusGraves

01-04-2013

being able to buff your ADC's attack/move speed (and a good one at that) plus being able to in turn slow the enemy's attack/move speed through ice blast/absolute zero can make nunu a desirable choice as an bot lane support. if your playing nunu as support you have to be more creative with him than other supports but ive had a lot of success with him as one.

also Q is not useless at all in bot lane because 0 CS support meta is honestly a lie. if you know there is a creep that your ADC cannot get but you are able to safely take it then by all means take it because not taking it is a waste of gold that could be used for support items/wards. the heal helps keep nunu healthy to stay with his ADC in bot but where it REALLY shines is when its time to do dragon, as nunu consume allows you to bring a 2nd smite to dragon to take it even faster and safer for your team.

also never forget that if you use absolute zero in a brush and they don't have it warded the enemy will not see the animation for it, i have caught many people like this and they usually realize it only when its too late. either way your not actually meant to pull off a full duration nunu ult (grats if you do) its really for forcing the enemy to make you a priority target because if they don't run or stop you they will suffer for it.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

He's a great support because of his W and E. You seem to underestimate just how much an attack speed and MS boost will help an AD carry to kite, run away, and chase. His snowball drops movement speed and attack speed too, making him a great debuffer as well as buffer. His ult is easy to counter, but is often used for the slow and to draw out enemy CC. You might be able to burn two or three stuns if your opponents really overreact. His Q is often simply not leveled by supports until they have to. As support, the only real use is on objectives such as buffs, dragon, or baron.

Nunu has all this though, and remains one of the tankier supports. He can take a lot of punishment without flinching and runs away laughing afterwards due to his W. Feel free to think as you like, but Nunu makes a fantastic pair with many ADCs and should not simply be relegated to the jungle. See if you can't find a video during IPL5 of M5 playing an Ashe/Nunu lane.

Dark Kuno

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophicSkil View Post
I don't understand nunu's kit and why people support with him outside of his W and the slow on the E which isnt much his kit does nothing

I know his ult has the potential to do massive amounts of damage but rarely do i ever see it happen i dont play him offten but just based on how easy it is to counter his ult which is dont stand next to nunu i see him almost useless unless you have a few aoe stuns like amumu oriana malphite which are normally banned majority of the time

As a support his Q is useless and in the meta of the Support with 0 CS would actually hurt the team

The only ADCs I see nunu being a ok pair with are vayne and kog maw because of the true damage on vayne and % of hp on kog

Jungle is the only place i really see him somewhat useful to the team
His W is extremely powerful on any RADC especially those with on hit affects. It can cap attack speed easily with the ADC only having a PD.

His slow is ranged, has good base damage with a 1:1 AP ratio. In addition to slowing movement speed by up to 60% (which is a serious slow affect) it, also reduces the targets attack speed by 25%.

These 2 abilities mean that Your RAD is attacking exponentially faster than the opposing RADC because you are not only increasing your RADC's speed but reducing the opposing AD while simultaneously reducing the opposing AD's ability to escape from the trade effectively.

Consume allows Nunu to sustain in lane and even as support, provides additional Dragon/Baron control on top of the Jungler's Smite (good luck stealing Dragon/Baron against a Nunu support+Cho'Gath Jungle)

And his ult offers extremely good zone control and AoE damage durring the Teamfight phase.

I would hardly call that "{not} much", "do{ing} nothing" or "useless"

Sounds like you need more practice with him.

Edit: BTW, did you know you can BloodBoil minions? RADC not there but you wanna get some extra damage on a turret? BloodBoil the cannon minion. Blood Boiling Super Minions is similarly fun

A Pillòw

01-04-2013

His ult is dumb now with the new boot upgrades

MarcusGraves

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillw View Post
His ult is dumb now with the new boot upgrades
because?

A Pillòw

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusGraves View Post
because?
Because it's now easier to get out of with the extra move speed. You're welcome for using your brain for you.

MarcusGraves

01-04-2013

Quote:
Because it's now easier to get out of with the extra move speed. You're welcome for using your brain for you.
if you think the ult is dumb because of that then you yourself aren't using your brain. activating absolute zero at the right time forces the enemy to either try and run out while your team is attacking or force them to focus on you and waste precious CC/damage that could be used on your ADC/AP. nevermind that if they actually happen to leave you alone long enough you can just go ahead and forcibly trigger the damage before anyone can run out of it and still do around 500-700 damage.

but really there was no reason for you to be a snippy little ***** in your response to my simple question.

Edit: btw you aren't any faster this season than you were last season with boots unless you get the alacrity boots upgrade which not everyone gets

old tier 2 boots: +70 flat MS
current tier 2 boots: +45 flat MS + the 25 MS all champs had added at the start of season 3 is +70 flat MS just like last season

Vencu

01-04-2013

Quote:
because everyone builds alacrity enchantment or is following someone with captain on their boots right?

meanwhile his ult creates a massive area to peel for your ADC

also to the OP:

he's also amazing with caitlyn, allow her to get headshot much faster and be much more of a lane bully, but you are correct in saying that he doesn't actually synergize with a lot of adc's

bigfriendsmen

01-04-2013

Quote:
So forcing their team to run away for 1-2 sec instead of doing dps to your team mates is dumb? Stop thinking of the support like an AP carry The bold part is me using your brain for you