Future Feature Discussion: Loss of Control Indicators

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Random Trouble

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCel View Post
Can we please have two things: First, a way to differentiate the pings from one another. There is nothing more frustrating than having someone ping the map and misinterpreting the ping due to not knowing who is pinging. Not everyone types. Secondly, can we also have a ping throttle option so that we can slow the amount of pings down from people that sometimes over do it.
They sort of already do this. When pinging if a player actually selects something you will get am message in Chat that will tell you who sent the ping. Only when they don't ping something useful do you not know who it is. I don't foresee an easy way to do this, maybe putting a small champion picture in the center of the ping, or a couple of letters in that champions name? Like KA for Kayle, KT for Katarina, VI for Vi?
Also there is already a maximum number of pings someone can make in a certain amount of time. I think your trying to ask for a option that allows you to control that number of pings your computer will receive? That's kind of interesting, but then you might run into the problem of your allies exceeding that number and then start pinging useful things that you would no longer see.

Random Trouble

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkywheel View Post
Here's some things I'd like to see:

1. In teamfights I often lose sight of my cursor which really makes it hard to aim some abilities.

How about an animated and/or more obvious cursor?

2. In teamfights I sometimes mistake team mates as myself and lose my position. I suggest giving a different color to your personal health bar to make it obvious.
1. Want.
2. Also Want. Maybe like a thick/colorful border around your champions health bar?

LightEcho

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey guys, here's an update.

Two very cool things:

#1) New icons! Mega props to our art team on this, especially Mitch.
#2) This in an in-game screenshot.

Attachment 601703

We still need to do extensive testing on this before it goes live though. So it won't be in the next patch.
Just to be clear these are non-visible to enemies right?

chide da jungler

01-28-2013

I would like to see a bar-indicator for tryndamere's ultimate. I think that would help improve a his gameplay.

Thanks

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
I'll make sure there's an option for you to turn off this feature
cool

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Here, make this incredibly simple... You know how the screen flashes bright red when you take damage and your life is really low?

When you're CCd, the screen flashes like that until it's off of you.... only the color is a pulsing black, not enough to disrupt vision, but enough to notice the whole world is dark, because something bad is happening to your champion.

BeeGod

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
Just to be clear these are non-visible to enemies right?
I think that this is important: that the enemy do not see the bar, but don't know if it's "fair". It's like, everyone "could" calculate the timers, but for the enemy to use like, 2 stuns, they kinda need to teamplay properly. Good players knows when to wait and when to stun(so they don't do an overstun or over-CC anything).

Also, how about the right-justified tenacity?

CrisD

01-28-2013

Instead of the bar why not use that circle by your health that shows level???...it is only useful outside of fights and reusing it would help avoid your screen getting saturated.

TheStrelok

01-28-2013

Jumping in a bit late on this topic, but I like the idea of a screen filter for CC and images covering your skills with sounds to match. I'd hate to be that guy, but DotA's method makes it very clear when you are CC'd, and not only that but I find the "Si-si-si-silence" pretty hilarious when I'm trying to get some skills out.

Dat Doombringer =\

ElevenOfClubs

01-28-2013

Quote:
We're still working on the icons. We have a new icon in the works for fear that I *really* like.

Edit: And here it is!

Attachment 601737
You know what I would like to see on these indicator bars? Black lines for 1 or .5 seconds (ala the black lines for every 100 hp).