Future Feature Discussion: Loss of Control Indicators

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jimmie Rustled

01-28-2013

How about increasing the cursor size or changing the mouse cursor to a brighter color?

I get lost in team fights because i dont know what the fk im clicking

Zielmann

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Thanks for the update! I think against longer CCs that sort of thing will prove pretty damn useful.
This brings up another good thought: Would this get borderline distracting for particularly short CC's? My mind goes pretty quickly to Kennen, since I played him a lot some time ago. His stuns are all very short (and get shorter with consecutive stuns), but can also be pulled of quite frequently. Just want to make sure that it wouldn't be flashing up and disappearing so quickly and so often that it gets annoying.

Canfrith

01-28-2013

Hey, not sure if you have already covered this or not, but could the particle effect for slows possibly look like the champion is treading through a swamp or such? Im just thinking that for a small area around him, be kinda discolored and green/brown. Kinda like trundle's slow. Just an idea!

Zielmann

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viro Melchior View Post
Depends whether these icons are visible on every champion you can see. Generally speaking, CC visual effects (Zyra's roots, Fiddle's fear, etc) are there equally so that everyone knows you're cc'd.
I'm assuming (and hoping) that these would be visible to everybody. It gives visual confirmation that the fear did go off. It lets the Yorick know he's been feared. And then it'll let Yorick's team know he's caught, or Fiddles team know that he caught Yorick.

I see it as being a good way to help promote focus on a given champion, since you have an easily visible indication on a target that they are currently under some form of CC.

topgunLT1

01-28-2013

y dont u guys use that skill cd sweep icon animation instead of a long bar -_- . i mean i like the bar thing but then y also use the old indicator of fear along with it, maybe ur using the old icon cause it looks very informative, so y not use a cc sweep (like the skill cd sweep) on the cc icon.

Funny idea here : how abt making the champion's facial expression in the portrait represent the cc effect he's suffering from along with ur new addition of cc duration bar.
it'l look more informative if since new players can understand wat the champ is suffering frm by looking at the portrait. (hint: use chibi animation XD , cause they're funny and cute to look at and the player will also be laughing at his champion whenever he gets cc'd)

just my suggestion here

Jouralto

Recruiter

01-28-2013

These icons are far too small to be noticeable in any amount for me. When I'm in a fight, I often have my eyes focused mostly on the Health/Mana bars of the enemy, my own position, and my Health/Mana bars at the bottom of the screen so I don't get my own health mixed up with any allies.

That being said, such icons attached just above my own champion's model would be little but clutter for me. I agree that showing CC duration would be a good thing, but I'd prefer it not clutter up the central area of battle any more than necessary. I feel like a CC duration bar just above the buff icons (yet below the channel duration bar) would be preferable over the idea currently being developed.

KevinDelMarr

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I'll make sure there's an option for you to turn off this feature
The Bar altogether? Or individual status effects? I know Suppression is something I won't need, since I'm pretty good at knowing their length

FilthySaint

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I always love seeing other people's mockups. How about something like this?

Attachment 586785
I like look and simplicity of this a lot. If something like this were implemented, I can see it being received extremely well.

My only thought is to add segmented bars, like hp on wards, with a single section being a second of cc.
Kudos.

xXCel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Can we please have two things: First, a way to differentiate the pings from one another. There is nothing more frustrating than having someone ping the map and misinterpreting the ping due to not knowing who is pinging. Not everyone types. Secondly, can we also have a ping throttle option so that we can slow the amount of pings down from people that sometimes over do it.

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Here's some things I'd like to see:

1. In teamfights I often lose sight of my cursor which really makes it hard to aim some abilities.

How about an animated and/or more obvious cursor?

2. In teamfights I sometimes mistake team mates as myself and lose my position. I suggest giving a different color to your personal health bar to make it obvious.