Future Feature Discussion: Loss of Control Indicators

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pro Gamer Boobs

01-06-2013

You guys forgot polymorph D;

lolfetus

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaMalum View Post
Imo, we need to avoid alerts above a champion's head as much as possible, as they are almost impossible in the middle of a team fight, where those few seconds matter the most. They're still necessary to show you are CC'd to your fellow team members (or opponents), but additional above head alerts for yourself will surround your champion and just be annoying.
This was a major thing I kept in mind when I drafted up my earlier mockup. That center square of the screen is generally an extremely busy area and I have difficulty imagining anything extra being clearly understood when **** hits the fan. That said, a lot of cool ideas so far!

Errodu

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcolibri View Post
Would work. Mockup in attachment, link again to the bigger version.
I first misread you, tenacity left-aligned. I left it in the mockup, but I guess we both agree that it's the inferior version.

Mockup link
Xcolibri, reading your mockup makes me want to create an even better mockup for your ideas, but damn I caught this thread right as I was about to go to sleep. I want to contribute to this idea tomorrow bright and early!

Spiku

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hello Summoners,

Questions:
  • What information would you like about control impairing effects in League?
  • What information do you feel is the most important to convey?
  • The least?
  • How would you like this information conveyed?
  • Where would you like it to be conveyed?

"Change is good." - Kha'zix
I would like to simply have the type of disable float up alongside damage as a toggle, as well as how long I will be under this effect.
How long you are going to be under these effects would be very nice to have; simply having the number inside the debuff box would be nifty; having something above the character head would be far more useful.
Also, the name and address of anyone using teemo's blind should be displayed on character death if Teemo did not die in the exchange.

I would like the information to be conveyed in the same manner as the commentators here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOOU1BEAmk&t=2m21s

Errodu

01-06-2013

Xelnath, what I would really like to see is variation in crowd control icons, relevant to a champions' skin.

For example, when Surprise Party Fiddlesticks uses Terrify on an enemy champion, the fear icon could contain a party hat with the original icon

kirarising

01-06-2013

something i havnt understood is why fear seems far from randomly moving and always seems like they are slowed, 80% of the time they walk away from you and the other 20% they walk right towards you. and this always seems to be directly affected by collision, aka you fear when they are next to you it registers it collided with you and walks away. devastating for trying to get full drains on fiddles when they run away just as much as if you didnt fear them

Travistyse

01-06-2013

Quote:
I really like the idea of displaying tenacity this way. What if the tenacity blocked part of the CC was right-justified?
In the picture he mentioned he didn't know how to show refreshed cc..

Why not bar off the old CC and add the new one next to it ala the way shields work?

Say you just got hit by an Anivia Stun a half second ago and then Kennen just ulted and stunned you (because you're Teemo and no one likes you because reasons)

Assuming they both last for a Second and you have no tenacity (pshh stuns don't incapacitate people )

[ Aniv ] Ken ] And it would get smaller, as health and shields do, rather than stacking and getting larger. Different CC would be a different color on your CC bar. I mean. If that thing is filled with Hard CC you're either QSSing, Cleansing, or dead so by the time it gets microscopic it hardly matters.

Zoram

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iConvalescence View Post
You guys forgot polymorph D;
polymorph is pretty dang obvious what happened. If anything the discussion about it should really be similar to silence, which is currently well conveyed.

Psaion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
I played around with the stun timer appearing on top of the player's portrait.

It was OK, but was too far away from the action.
What if you used the space around your health bar where your level and experience are normally shown? It's already built to have a bar fill up around it, and in a fight levels/experience are hardly relevant information.

ratcharmer

01-06-2013

I think in general the cc indicators in LoL don't need much change--as The Crimson King said, too much on the HUD could be a very bad thing.

That said, the one thing I do wish was more obvious was the exact moment a cc wears off, especially for those times when you get stunned and dogpiled. It would be nice to be able to actually take advantage of those split second intervals between hard cc's.