Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Future Feature Discussion: Loss of Control Indicators

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Fizz EU

01-04-2013

Not really sure which of these are your field, but here are some (hopefully) relevant suggestion.

• Make the text that says "Stunned" and "Snared" and stuff above your champion a different colour, depending on the type of CC, and possibly let us make that text bigger
  • MIA ping
  • Different indicator for taking damage from champions or possibly an option to have the camera focus onto you upon taking damage from champions (Lots of times I will move somewhere and look elsewhere to see what's going on, then get ganked and die without even realizing what's going on right away)

NewK1nd

01-04-2013

It would be simple enough to make your champ model a "dull" color when you are cc'ed. I think that would be a non intrusive or loud way to tell if you are cc'ed.

Taikero

01-04-2013

A gentle 25-50% intensity flashing of the screen when CC'd would make it readily apparent that your character is impaired in some way.

Different colors are good.

It might also be nice to show a countdown in seconds or even fractions of a second on your skills that show when you can use them again. This countdown should not take up any more space on the HUD but instead overlay on individual abilities or perhaps (for visibility) overlay all your skills (since you can't use them anyway).

It should also be more clear when I can or cannot use Summoner spells. It's annoying to try using one when I can't due to specific CC conditions.

Arcolyte

Recruiter

01-04-2013

What information would you like about control impairing effects in League?
They need to be OBVIOUS
What information do you feel is the most important to convey?
The effect of the impairment, duration
The least?
How it was applied.
How would you like this information conveyed?
Better(clearer) particles, flash outline of your champion relating to effect, perhaps a screen flash like when you break a threshold for damage taken.
Where would you like it to be conveyed?
as many places as is appropriate, preferably scalable and customizable.

Xelnath

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
I Be Voidz:
How about make the screen flash when you are CC'd?

Different colors for different types.

Like yellow for stun, blue for snare, etc.

Something like this? (image is rough)

WavesBlade

01-04-2013

! for Silence placed over skills.

Chains placed over skills when suppressed

Arcolyte

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Yes, also ideally, make it so you can change the maximum opacity, for the flashes (including damage) because sometimes they get a bit too intense.

I don't think suppression should have any other changes except, perhaps, making it more obvious WHO is being suppressed. Since suppression is such a detrimental thing, being able to tell who is suppressed is relatively important. The champion outline flash I mentioned might be ideal for this(even when its on other champs) because there are only 5 suppression in the entire game, so it shouldn't be too prevalent.

And it was K

01-04-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Yes! Maybe also some text in the top center of the screen, like how WoW does it.

Shadowed Ruby

01-04-2013

Quote:
The Crimson King:
I don't really have any issues with the cc effects being shown as is. I think crowding the hud with more information may do more harm then good.

This is my feeling, too.

I also feel that when cc is heavy, or slows are re-applied often (Like Gangplank Passive), that a flashing screen can cause a lot of annoyance and be a distractrion.

Letler

01-04-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

You wouldn't want the effect to interfere with what you can see though, some of us play on smaller or not wide screen monitors so our sight is already limited.