( PBE ) Mid Speed Shrine is now a relic that restores HP/Mana/Energy and grants MvS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waverhouse

01-05-2013

It's nice that they're trying to fix TT I guess, but little things like this just seem like a patchwork solution instead of addressing the more glaring problems of the map (bruiser dominated meta, snowballing off altars, the bland jungle).

ihascupcake64

01-06-2013

great idea

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Riot wants to give people something to fight over?

riot doesn't care what we want, why should we care what riot wants?

The relic spawns twenty-five seconds after minions, meaning that whoever loses that fight is probably going to be forced out of lane, losing valuable cs'ing time and giving the victorious opponent a FURTHER advantage. From some of what i'm reading in the feedback forums, people find altar snowballing to be a concern on this map (I too refuse to engage the enemy team in a full-on fight if they have both altars) so why would we support something that just does this same advantage multiplying thing, but earlier?

JLawL

01-07-2013

The thing that made me stop playing TT was the fact that you HAD to fight at level 1. In ranked draft thats fine, but in randoms, sometimes your team simply can't win a level 1 fight. That hasn't changed with season 3. Adding ANYTHING into the game that must be fought over at level one is not being very considerate when you only allow random picks.

Cyraknoss

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Trying it out as a replacement for the Speed Shrine. May or may not eventually have a jungle mob spawn at Vilemaw's position as well (until Vilemaw spawns). Speed Shrine had to go though
I'd love to know the reasoning on why it had to go. I've seen it occasionally exploited for escape but not often enough to consider it a problem, and with it gone reacting against high mobility champions will be even harder. Sounds more like an indirect buff to champions like Rammus, Volibear, and Garen on the map, the same group of champions I've found properly coupled with Alistair are nearly instant win buttons before the free speed boost is taken away.

Caecus Scius

01-07-2013

I don't think the first spawn of it will make anyone snowball. The game starts, lets say no one goes middle to fight, and we just lane (as you should). 25 seconds after the minions spawn, the first wave of them have run into each other and you are just beginning to gain CS and poke at each other. No one will probably be down much if any HP. If your team goes from their lane to the middle point to grab it, they gain almost nothing, and left lane and lost CS for it.

However, later in the game, if you are pushing hard, and push past mid (normally a bad thing to push hard early) and you have traded a few blows back and forth, you can grab it and refresh yourself to stay in lane a little longer. Its a sort of reward for pushing hard and making yourself gankable.

Realistically, whomever clears the jungle the fastest from start will go mid to grab the relic and heal before gank, and it will boost the person. So it really effects jungling and ganking champs the most.

Later in the game, you will see champs grab it randomly on both sides when rolling in from one lane to gank another. It will probably help a few people escape ganks too, but not have a huge effect.

Teams that kite well, will enjoy it, as you can lead them behind you as you dmg them with eve/singed and hit that relic in the mid point to make sure you get out unharmed mostly.

Champs with a good leap like rengar, kha, or jax will sit in the bush waiting for people to go for it, and gank them.

Its not going to snowball the game, it isn't an advantage to get it when your health is already high, it doesn't give you an advantage unless you are already fighting, and then at that point its minor. It will create a team fight often at mid point when the 2 jungle having cleared and go to hit it. This is where you will see first blood happen (hopefully) and you will see the team with good fighting ability at level 2-3. It helps sustain people who push hard, or jungle fast.

Brightinly

01-07-2013

Who would fight over hp when your hp bar is full anyways?

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightinly View Post
Who would fight over hp when your hp bar is full anyways?
Anyone that wants sole benefit of a speedshrine for the next 90s.

Sam

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th of September View Post
The thing that made me stop playing TT was the fact that you HAD to fight at level 1. In ranked draft thats fine, but in randoms, sometimes your team simply can't win a level 1 fight. That hasn't changed with season 3. Adding ANYTHING into the game that must be fought over at level one is not being very considerate when you only allow random picks.

When did you "HAD" to fight level 1? o.o Never need to level 1 if your team isn't an early game team.

MssrLouisCyphre

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Anyone that wants sole benefit of a speedshrine for the next 90s.
Where does it say the speed lasts 90 seconds, and not say, 30 seconds? Have I missed this somewhere?