( PBE ) Mid Speed Shrine is now a relic that restores HP/Mana/Energy and grants MvS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashen Paige

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiales View Post
But if you don't fight over it, it's irrelevant.
no, then you just take it when you want it and go in witht he knowledge that your jungler has declared map superiority until otherwise contested. and believe me when i say that that alone can make all the difference in a lane fight.

IS14155bc7d78be46301c21

01-04-2013

What i would fight for in this map is Vision.

The quad-bush ?, between Speed shrine and each Altar ; is the place where i would put a ward, to scout my/enemy altar, main corridoor ( speed shrine ) and paths to lanes. So we can play this map more strategically, otherwise it will more be like dominion style.

Find the mechanics, a burning torch or something there to light the area would be a good replacement for wards. The torch can have a capture mechanic, or an item to light it up for a limited time.

Map Layout :

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....eeline_map.jpg

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

I have a hard time imagining they are trying to promote more level 1 fighting since they scaled the altar unlock time back to allow everyone to hit level 2.

I think they are just trying things out, this was one they wanted to try live.

Bobinatorlol

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
I have a hard time imagining they are trying to promote more level 1 fighting since they scaled the altar unlock time back to allow everyone to hit level 2.

I think they are just trying things out, this was one they wanted to try live.
This is what I am thinking too. I can see junglers getting into a small skirmish over a health relic after their 2nd camp. Even then it is a risk not really worth taking. I think bonus team gold would be a lot more sought after than health/energy/mp relics. But that may be over doing it. I guess we'll just have to play it to see how it plays out.

AndersMMO

01-04-2013

My working hypothesis is that this is a poignant action trying to force the standardization jungling in the game type. You still have people who very vigorously believe jungling is not necessary and that mentality is a big wall in the solidification of a competitive-quality metagame.

This buff, is very barely worth a Level 1 confrontation, and at a 1:30 respawn, a team could very easily not fight for it level 1 and instead force a fight for the respawn. They would only effectually lose the MS advantage on a single player for 1:30 seconds a (maximum abuse of 2 ganks unless they want to fall unrealistically behind in CS/Levels). That said however, the ability for positioning that the buff allows as the game progresses becomes exponentially valuable; it introduces a new center for map control, and introduces all but a 100% necessity for a jungler.

TLDR; The buff is barely valuable at Level 1, it's short respawn of 1:30 doesn't create a necessity for a level 1 fight, but it's increased value as time goes does create a necessity for a jungler.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure people will Level 1 fight for this, but it doesn't Force that so much as it Forces jungling.

Anyone else on the same wave-length as me?

http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com...-relic-on-pbe/ << My article on it.

EDIT: If you think about it, what rationale do they have to promote L1 fight? The whole point of the beta gametype was to reformat 3v3 to the point where it can potentially become a pro eSport. Games that hinge on a L1 fight will never fit that description. However, a game that promotes a unilateral solidified meta does. The more I think about it the more sure I am that this is being introduced to force junglers as part of the metagame structure, as well as mildly decelerate the profusion of ganks that come out so early in the game.

Quit

01-04-2013

This is retarded....

This isn;'t dominion why do they keep putting dominion **** into it. pls

It's not a mini game. please treat it like another professional map

Fallen Mushroom

01-04-2013

Bring good ol' lizard back. Relics/shrines should be exclusive to Dominion.

SteveTheePirate

01-04-2013

this is bad idea
LOL

FOODFOOD

01-04-2013

It's definitely better than the speed shrine, but still seems pretty out of place. I really wish they'd disable ranked, though, when they're just "trying things out." Seems a little unfair to us Dominioners.

SteveTheePirate

01-04-2013

I suggest having a RUNE like in dota so there is an actual objective to fight over