Really Congress... Really.. It's not that hard.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I'm not really against legalization from a moral or health standpoint it's more that I don't think this is going to fix our financial problems like so many people seems to think it is. It's not like the law passes and the next day all the money that was going into drug lords hands is suddenly going to the government. Most of the tax on the sale of would likely be going to the states government not the fed.
It's more like the law passes and the 70+ billion dollars annually that goes into the War on Drugs is now free to be used elsewhere.

And it was K

01-04-2013

Yeah...but then it'll be LEGAL for all those "hurr durr 420noscope i'm soo high while playing LoL lololol" ******bags to do their thing. We can't have that! D:

Although, I guess if it's legal it's less..."edgy", and therefore not really such a ...."cool" thing to say.

ZodiarkSavior

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I'm not really against legalization from a moral or health standpoint it's more that I don't think this is going to fix our financial problems like so many people seems to think it is. It's not like the law passes and the next day all the money that was going into drug lords hands is suddenly going to the government. Most of the tax on the sale of would likely be going to the states government not the fed.
Its a moot point to bring financial problems into whether or not legalizing drugs will remedy how bad the debt is.

I mean, we spend more money on war than the entire world combined. Gee, I wonder why we're in so much debt.

Giant ass pink elephant sitting on the living room couch but nobody seems to notice it

Bekkal

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Yeah...but then it'll be LEGAL for all those "hurr durr 420noscope i'm soo high while playing LoL lololol" ******bags to do their thing. We can't have that! D:
Then outlaw the word "YOLO" and problem solved.

Sammystorm

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple X Rated View Post
Obama and Congress... Can't you see how easy this is...

Raise taxes by 2% all around
Legalize Cannabis(Marijuana)
Tax Cannabis at 7% sales tax
Require a License to grow Cannabis(Domestic License, and Commercial prices differ)
Require a License to sell Cannabis

Pros:
Paying more taxes into the Gov. means the Gov. is doing less debt-spending, which means borrowing less money on the dollar.

By spending non-borrowed money, effectively...

YOU PAY MORE TAXES FOR MORE MONEY
Why?
Because foreign goods depreciate because YOUR DOLLAR IS WORTH MORE.

Cannabis Pros:
No-longer linked to the 'gateway drug' being as no one in the F*CKING WORLD STARTED SMOKING POT AND SAID, " HMMM THIS IS GOOD, I REALLY LIKE IT. I'LL TRY CRACK NEXT. "
NO, DIDN'T F*CKING HAPPEN.

Cannabis non-sarcastic Pros:
Anti-carcinogen, stress-reliever, pain-receipting blocker, useful for many illnesses but no-longer requires high amounts of jumping through hoops to get DNotes.

Blacks will stop being harassed due to racial profiling of 'random drug checks'

It's no-longer at an officers discretion to look at a group of people in a park that just-so-happen to have tie-die shirts on and funky shorts to 'break it up'

Cons of all this:

We'll need more people to fill all these new jobs for licensing branches- People absolutely hate finding jobs.
lol biggest dumbass na and not relevant to lol in any way

ZodiarkSavior

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
It's more like the law passes and the 70+ billion dollars annually that goes into the War on Drugs is now free to be used elsewhere.
70+ Billion isn't even that much, all things considering.

Bekkal

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
70+ Billion isn't even that much, all things considering.
It's enough to keep Social Security afloat without changing benefits or eligibility ages. I can think of a few million people who may find that important.

Xianio

01-04-2013

Quote:
You are aware that over 50% of mothers in the United States are single mothers? And highschool drop-outs? Okay, time to incarcerate the entirety of Hollywood.
That was his point Zodiark :P

ZodiarkSavior

01-04-2013

Quote:
It's enough to keep Social Security afloat without changing benefits or eligibility ages. I can think of a few million people who may find that important.
You mean the Social Security and Welfare they are considering nullifying?

I guess, then yeah.

Retsopmi

01-04-2013

Quote:
Then you wake up and realize the "war on drugs" money isn't spent on weed. Then you also realize the biggest drug dealer in the US is the CIA.