ELO hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fracturre

01-02-2013

Let me just start off by saying i don`t think i`m good enough to be diamond or platinum elo, i know i`m not that good yet, but i do believe in elo hell, i started playing my first ranked games at the beginning of S3. I ranked in at just over 1300, i thought that was pretty good for me and about where i probably deserve to be if not maybe 1400ish. But since then ive gone on a horrible losing streak and am now in the 900`s.

My biggest problem isn`t that i think my teammates all suck, its their attitudes, i`ve seen game after game thrown because they spend more time sitting in base arguing then focusing and playing the game. I like to think of myself as a fairly calm person, the furthest i`ll go into one of these fights is asking them to stop and play the game.

Another instance is in the champion select, when teammates argue over positions then, i`ve had multiple games where we end up with 2 ADC`s or 2 mids because people are just way to stubborn when it comes to this game, though no one wants to dodge because of the half an hour wait.

These are just my thoughts as to why i believe in Elo hell, because peoples poor attitudes and fighting, i`ve won the majority of my games where the team is all communicating and being friendly, the problem is that doesnt happen nearly as often as i would hope, there is always one person there just to start a fight.

But anyways i would like to know your thoughts on this topic.

Selcopa

01-02-2013

What do you define elo hell as

fracturre

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
What im seeing it as is a bracket of elo that is very hard to move up, or even stay even in, if its where you belong, then shouldnt you stay even in that little bracket, have somewhat even wins and losses so they balance out, and not just sink lower and lower?

Selcopa

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturre View Post
What im seeing it as, is a bracket of elo that is very hard to move up, or even stay even in, if its where you belong, then shouldnt you stay even in that little bracket, have somewhat even wins and losses so they balance out, and not just sink lower and lower?
if its where you belong then its not really elo hell is it.
If you keep losing then its not really where you belong is it.

it astounds me that players lose games, and believe they should be higher elo. Get better and youll go up

BEST SPIN NA

01-03-2013

how am i supposed to go up if every game i play by 5 mins the other team is up 10 kills? ive played many games and been able too keep my failing team in the game longer than it should be, ive helped them farm due to my being fed already but they dont understand focus and basic teamfight skills. I hear your in the elo you belong, but my team went gold in season 2 with me playing in it? i dont understand what more i can do. ive carried my self up many times, but i also carry more games where i can stretch out the game but lose. i just dont know where to go from here.

angelanihilation

01-03-2013

hey, pal, i have the same issue you are having. and i appreciate your modesty and humility in saying that you dont belong in the top shelf with the big boys, but, what i find helps me out, is communicating with your team, and no i dont mean bossing them around i mean making helpful suggestions and letting them know that you are making helpful suggestions as well as being nice to other players by using words like "please" and 'thank you". these other people WHO ARENT IN ELO HELL dont understand, however that even with the greatest effort it is litterally IMPOSSIBLE to climb out with this community. however i find that it isnt the people nor your personal skill that make it difficult its also the elo penalties, in lower elo numbers and stakes are higher. you win a game, you go up 15. If you lose you go down 45. but, as i said earlier, ive noticed if you take charge and show you are capable and worth listening to, people generally will.....some of the time. it IS discouraging to be here, but work with your teams. ive also been recording my games and watching them, viewing my personal mistakes and that has helped my gameplay tremendously. ive also been factoring in other considerations such as timers for wards, dragons, buffs, baron, enemy ults, etc. as well as adjusting my build and even picking my champ/role to directly counter the enemy. these are all things to be considered. so, just keep at it man, i know i am.

Rh3toric

01-04-2013

Quote:
The exact number or "bracket," does not exist. However, the elo at which you are more likely to see trolls, leavers, and afks. I know plenty of people who play at the gold and plat levels, they do not see as much of these types of players because at that elo they care more. Things are crazy when you think about it- people at higher elo care more O.o.

Selcopa

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukknasty View Post
The exact number or "bracket," does not exist. However, the elo at which you are more likely to see trolls, leavers, and afks. I know plenty of people who play at the gold and plat levels, they do not see as much of these types of players because at that elo they care more. Things are crazy when you think about it- people at higher elo care more O.o.
So it doesn't exist, if you cant define a range that it exists at, then it doesn't exist.

I was trolled more often in plat games than I was in 1300 games smaller player pool, more grudges, players not caring about elo so much.

@constantpump. Not every game is like that, also this happens as much to the enemy as it does to your team, the only mistake you make is falsely attributing those games to your skill, as opposed to the enemy being bad.

Rh3toric

01-04-2013

Quote:
So it doesn't exist, if you cant define a range that it exists at, then it doesn't exist.

I was trolled more often in plat games than I was in 1300 games smaller player pool, more grudges, players not caring about elo so much.

@constantpump. Not every game is like that, also this happens as much to the enemy as it does to your team, the only mistake you make is falsely attributing those games to your skill, as opposed to the enemy being bad
This is all here say. On my other account (which is in gold range) [Bukknasty], I see a lot less trolls then on my smurf. Your logic is absolutely void, a player who is more competitive is going to be HIGHER in elo. Therefore you will be seeing a lot higher quality games above gold. I mean you denying this is stupid. If you were to solo que in the range of gold to plat the player queing at gold and plat will be MORE likely to see players who play by the summoner's code. Denying the fact that it is harder to go from 500-1100 then 1500-1700 is stupid.

Selcopa

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukknasty View Post
This is all here say. On my other account (which is in gold range) [Bukknasty], I see a lot less trolls then on my smurf. Your logic is absolutely void, a player who is more competitive is going to be HIGHER in elo. Therefore you will be seeing a lot higher quality games above gold. I mean you denying this is stupid. If you were to solo que in the range of gold to plat the player queing at gold and plat will be MORE likely to see players who play by the summoner's code. Denying the fact that it is harder to go from 500-1100 then 1500-1700 is stupid.
Its possible that we have different definitions of trolling here.

Players at lower elos might play bad, then not care, its not near as frequent that players come in to a game with the intention of ruining their teammates as people make it out to be.

At low levels you generally play with a player once or twice maybe, and never see them again, as you go higher, you play with players more often, grudges can be made for various reasons, and players will intentionally lose in order to tank someone elses elo, as they know they can raise it back up if they want.

Also going from 500-1100 is MUCH EASIER than 1500-1700, players are more skilled 1500+ than 500-1100, your influence will go down because your opponents are more skilled and are able to stifle your snowballing much more often than in lower elos. Who generally will roll over and die.

Finally, you see more high quality games in gold because the players are better, I have not noticed a significant increase of players who go into the game with the sole intention of wrecking a players experience, the results of the game might provoke that more often in lower elos, but the level of malicious queuing is roughly the same at gold. And tends to go up when you approach plat.