How to Remove Stupidity?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

1. The stupid player of reference is myself.

2. When I am doing well, I know everything I need to know about the game and use it to my advantage.

3. When I am doing poorly, I question what in the world I was thinking. I know what I needed to do, could have done better, but I just keep making the mistakes.

Ex. Tristana (me) + Leona vs Ezreal+Leona

Problem 1: I let Ezreal get free harass off on me while I go to last hit, yet I fail to get off a AA+E+AA combo when he goes to last hit.

Problem 2: I go in when my Leona starts to combo their Leona. (Their Leona was smart enough to focus me and burst me down with Ez in 2 seconds.)

Problem 3: My map awareness randomly vanishes from game to game and I start falling to obvious baits.

Problem 4: I see a kill.... W+E+R! Then a few seconds later when I am running from a gank (ward fell) I find out my R didn't go off and the enemy had 100 hp left.

I could find more examples from other games, but I think I will go with what is most fresh in my memory.

Question: When you know you are playing like trash and know you can play much better, how do you remove the stupidity?

TabbyCaz

01-05-2013

Well, I am certainly not a renowned LoL player, nor do I necessarily have the answers to solve your problem, but I would like to applaud your hard work thus far.

You don't understand the great leaps and bounds you have taken in acknowledging the errors that you have made in this particular scenario. The great are not those fortunate enough to be endowed with a body and mind of perfection, it is adaption which proves most resliliant.

If you take ten to twenty minutes after every game to review the strengths and errors you made, it provides insight into your areas in need of improvement. If you find yourself becoming distracted from important information, you must remind yourself of what to look for; and if you are very clever, you will try to learn how you could facilitate those moments against your opponents.

Stupidity is the ignorance or lethargy which stands in the way of improvement. Actions are not stupid, it is those thoughts before and after an action, if left unreviewed or unacknowledged which contribute to stupidity.

If you want to take this game seriously, or anything seriously for that matter. I urge you to purchase or aqcuire a small pad of paper, and scribble all of your ideas in it. Just the act of writing down those things you wish to learn, gives you an opportunity to focus on the idea as the pen or pencil scratches the page.

Stupidity is the rejection of adaptation or growth. You have already established that you are not stupid, you just make mistakes.

themaddscientist

01-05-2013

Take a nap, play Dominion, take a walk, go do something else. Do not keep going when the stupid starts happening. You're probably either tired or trying to hard, and need to step back.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

@TabbyCaz (I love your name )
- The great may not be endowed with perfection, but some have greater advantages in their background that make them start at a point closer to perfection.

- I think the largest issue is being distracted from information. There are times I can plan out how to use my skills+move to prevent taking as much damage as possible.

- I might consider writing down the things I could do better in. It sounds a bit like studying for classes, but I'm sure reviewing strategies for countering various skill sequences could be helpful in making the game a more mechanical process.

@themaddscientist
When I play poorly it is often the first or second game of the day. When the pattern continues for more than one day, it is more bothersome.

Hotdogs

01-05-2013

if you keep taking notice of your mistakes you should eventually be able to iron them out

Kirielis

01-05-2013

Are you playing when you're sleepy, tired, hungry, on tilt, etc? These things do make a huge difference. I literally can not jungle when I'm sleepy, because it kills my decision making.

asmit10z

01-05-2013

If you go on a losing streak, play against bots. It may sound stupid, but that's what I do. Whenever I go on 2,3,4,5 game losing streak I tend to do worse the more I play. Soo I play a bot game to make it not feel to frustrating.

If that doesn't help, play more passively. It's not bad to play more passive then normal until you get used to everything.