Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
Thank you all for taking the time out to read my guide, I'm Lord Zi.
This guide is written to help players grasp and understand Teamwork for Twisted. For Advanced players I'm sure this guide wont mean much, but I'm sure you all could be assisting others so that everyone can up their game.
1. Like every map, Twisted's Teamwork also starts off at the Champion Select Screen, it's here where you'll know how great of a game you'll have. The key here is to come up with a decision on what you'll need in battle. If you know team comp for Twisted then this shouldn't be hard to do. However just in case you don't, a good team comp consist of ether 1 Tank, 1 or 2 Off Tank/Fighter(s) or 1 Adc/Apc. Ex: Amumu, Jarvan, Morgana or Shen, Wukong, Xin Zhao. There are many combinations so learn many, if your focused only on one person or one style you'll later end up becoming problematic. As well, if at the CSS their's arguing or silence... assume the worst, hope for the best, or click on the red x at the top right hand corner of your screen.
2. Now at the Loading Screen take the time to assess and think of what you may need vs the Opposing Champions. Lets say you see 2 Ap and 1 Hybird. Well you know from that you should build up some type of magic resist, more so then the armor you may need vs the Hybrid. Who's the weakest of the 3 by normal stats, who's the strongest? What will be the kill order in Team Fights? How will you use your abilities to assure you and your allies come out on top? Now that you have this information, convey it to your allies when your able.
3. So the game's started, you guys bought items and now making your way to a gankable location. Are the 3 of you scattered, is someone still sitting at the platform, are you yourself overextended knowing this? Before leaving the platform be sure that everyone's ready, and are aware of where to run to. If someone is still standing at the platform the best thing to do, no gank. 1 of you run top, the other bot, and don't lead out until you see all enemy champions on the mini map. It's better to last hit under a turret then to run away from your turret to the battlefield and get ganked behind that. Play Smart, kill some ghost or wolves.
4. Overextending is a no no all the time at any point without the full team. Lets say your ally is top and he's got the lain pushed at the point he can attack the turret. At bot you and your ally are pushed back. After the enemy champions push, they disappear from the mini map. You don't know where they are, if they're coming with the wave or went to gank your overextended ally. Ping, call MIA, whatever, unless your sure you can take on 3 enemies alone and win you shouldn't be overextended by any means. The time it'll take you to run allllll the way back to your turret is more than enough time for 3 enemies to drop you. If you've pushed your lain, ether take time to make more money by jungling, try for a gank or go back to base to heal and buy. You're Still responsible for your lain if you're there or not, so call MIA's and Ping. As well, grow accustomed to looking at the mini map.
5. This game Isn't about Kills, it's about Teamwork! So everyone is farming save for a few, and you've managed to get your cs to 32. You tab to see that your allies are at 2 and 14 cs. One has 1/2/1 and the other 1/0/1. Early game isn't about ganking and killing, if your skilled enough to do it then so be it. But if your cs isn't up and your running around trying to kill people instead of leveling up your only hurting the team. A team is only as strong as it's weakest member, instead of trying to kill people farm up. You'll have plenty of time to kill someone when your stronger then them Mr. Level Two. Also, when an enemy is running from you, don't chase if your gonna have to run for a while to get him. He could be leading you into a trap and you don't even know it. If your the one running to save your ally and the enemy sees you coming and turns around, don't chase. You're there to save your ally, not kill an enemy, make sure you ally doesn't die.
6. Coordination is key but impossible without Communication. There comes a time in every game when all 3 players need to group up and stay together. Communicate with your allies, talk about who to take down first and how your attack orders will be. Will you Q then W so that your ally can R? Who's gonna die first what's gonna happen? As well, we all have those allies who see cs and just has to kill cs, I'm even guilty of this myself. In cases like these, when all of you have to stay together, always make it seem like there's only 1 of you. 1 person farms while the others hide, take turns doing this or allow the weakest member of your Team to farm up. Your Team is only as strong as it's weakest member, take care of your Team.
7. Twisted's exclusive Summoner Spells. Not everyone needs Ignite and Flash, in this case take Summoner Spells that'll work for the Team.
Tank - Heal and Cleanse are highly recommended! For you Summoners who complain about Ignite and Exhaust, take Cleanse, it removes both but if your Ignited you'll still suffer grievous wound so be careful.
Off Tank/Fighter - Ignite, Exhaust, Flash and Ghost are the spells for you. Due to the fact that there are no wards Clairvoyance works well too. However your Adc or Apc should take that instead.
Adc or Apc - Heal, Flash, Clairvoyance, Ghost and Exhaust are what you need. As the Adc or Apc it's best that you Stay Off The Front Lines! At no point should you be face to face with any melee. Your a High Priority target due to what you can do so these Summoner Spells should help you stay alive if you use them right.
The only other spell I'd take would be Smite but it's not needed. If your going to take it though make sure you put a point to Summoners Resolve so that you get the bonus 10 gold, other wise your wasting the spell.
8. Building up your Champion is key to overcoming the enemy but you can't just buy items to "kill" someone. You have to build in order to counter the enemy and protect your team. Get at least 1 armor item and 1 magic resist item if your Off Tank/Fighter. Tanks should focus on building that anyway according to what they need to defend against and Adc or Apc should get Lifesteal/Spell Vamp items to recover their hp. Use Tab to quickly find out what your allies and enemies are building. If you know the enemy champion Xin Zhao is building some attack speed get a Frozen Heart or another slow item.
9. If you're being overwhelmed early don't quit. Seven minutes in and you've already given up and talkin' about surrender at 15, what?? Stop engaging and focus on leveling up, pushing past mid is stupid so why not go back and get some jungle farm while you let the enemy push. Don't say, "What's the point the enemies already fed." when you don't know how the game will turn out in the end. You can't beat them now so farm till you can. Working with both your allies to pick off a greedy enemy is also a good tactic; normally when 1 enemy goes in and is in need of help the others come. If you can kill the enemy quickly and sustain only a bit of damage, when the other two arrive it'll be 3v2. Just focus the weakest one of them and you'll be fine. LEAVE the fight if your weak or kite the enemy if you know your going to die.
10. Set up your play style so that no matter if your pushing to push down a turret, kill an enemy or steal an alter; your allies will be there. It's always better to push with 3 or to 3v1 an enemy, or 3 per alter steal. Complaining about "ks" is a noobs law and they go hard for it. Don't fallow in their footsteps, this game isn't about killing, even if you did All the work and at the very last your ally steps in and kills him. Still, GJ! You all are on a Team and if you take care of your weakest member and stay together you guys should do just fine. If your ally doesn't know what he's/she's doing, advice should be given in a way where your not insulting. Apply this information during your gaming and you should do just fine. Good Luck!