is akali op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eluniq

Recruiter

01-03-2013

I feel like not playing her because instead of people thinking you are good they just call your champ op

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-03-2013

she isnt but ppl will b**** about it and call you names when they get in range on a squishy champ with no defense or utility to save them

Halegorn

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluniq View Post
I feel like not playing her because instead of people thinking you are good they just call your champ op
She is not easy per say. Akali is considered by many to be a "pubstomper" meaning she is used by players to stomp bots or newer, more inexperienced players. However, Akali is a controversial champion imo. She is all targeted abilities with a skill shot stealth/slow and an AoE around her nuke. In other words, it is not hard to deal damage because it is impossible to miss.

However, Akali requires precise timing and decision making to be used to her best potential. She is squishy, has no reliable escape other than her stealth, and has a weak pre-6 game. It is easy to be good at Akali, but she has a much more difficult aspect in managing her Shadow Dashes, energy management, and all around timing.

So I don't consider her op or super easy. She is not the most difficult, nor the easiest or most op. Buy her and master her and your team will gain a valuable asset.

Novavell

01-03-2013

the reason why "most" people call a champ OP is because they don't know how to counter them, for e.g. look at akali's weak and strong points:

Weak points: she is very squishy, she vulnerable pre 6,
Strong point: at lvl 6 or more she will mess you up if played right, high burst and multiple charge with her ultimate

Tactics you should use against her:
1)Do not let her farm cs harass as much as possible
2)get her out of lane to base and to buy pots,
3) out build her, if she goes Ap build mr and if she goes ad buy armor
4) dont fight her in her shroud
5) keep a watch on your health bar
6) just to make her mad buy a vision ward

BONER AMANDA

01-03-2013

just play her and practice her and you'll see why and why not she is op.

Jasta007

01-04-2013

I am just so sick and tired of playing against an Akali and before I even run into her she is 4 kills up and snowballing like hell.

I can't make sure she's in my lane so I can do all those things to make sure she doesn't feed - and no... vision wards really don't do **** once she is already fed.

She obliterates noobs DOTA style - they just don't have the skills to counter her and therefore she ruins games over and over again.

So sick of it.

Jasta007

01-04-2013

And yes, if you play Akali in blind pick pub games - I'm not going to think you have that much skill unless you get unlucky and run into a decent counter team but still manage to win.

Naivette

01-05-2013

Akali does too much, nerf plz.

JEREMY LlN

01-05-2013

Akali is easily countered and you need really high skill to use her against players who know her weaknesses. The people that say she's OP are usually people that have gotten stomped by her and don't know how to counter her. Her strength is mainly mid game, but, late game she can easily hop onto ADC or AP but a good team will have a oracles handy and will be protecting their damage dealers at all times, that means if she goes in, she dies. Being a melee AP is her largest problem and that's why she isn't played too much. She can't hide behind a team to do damage and her escape mechanism is completely crippled by stealth detection. It's also extremely hard to farm with her and she has an extremely weak early game (pre-6). Her Q is very slow and barely does enough damage to last hit with (you have to time it perfectly), and if u go in to auto attack CS pre 6, you're more than likely to get poked hard.