How do i lane against shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merxamers

07-08-2013

whenever i go top lane against shen, i can never do well. Building armor doesn't seem effective since he does magic damage; building health seems like a waste since he has that sustain tool on you, and magic resist doesn't do anything either.

if i'm playing a typical bruiser (darius, J4, Jax) what are some good items to build against him? any laning advice? any help would be appreciated

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2013

Damage. Particularly for most AD Tops, BoRK is amazing against Shen as his typical build revolves around getting lots of health.

If he's decimating you to death, look at your death recap. You'll probably notice he does about 70/30 magical->Physical damage.

A Good Maw of Malmortius/Wits End should end his reign over you.

Shen is one of those "farm" lanes. He can't really keep you from farming, but you cannot keep him either. When he leaves lane with his ultimate, take his tower. You should be keeping him pushed and going straight farm happy/gank mid if you can. He cannot push quickly so you can do this quite well.

If you do get an advantage, Shen is fairly squishy early on as long as you are more burst than dps damage. Just remember his shield has a short cooldown. Try to bait it before you throw harras.

TLR; Build a Bork and a Maw of Malmortius. Save your BoRK Active to chase or when your Maw shield pops.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2013

If you are losing lane as Darius against Shen you are doing something wrong. Darius can easily win any trade with Shen from 1 on, unless shen gets a 10 minute Sunfire cape, you should win this lane every time.

Sephïroth

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggochiggo View Post
If you are losing lane as Darius against Shen you are doing something wrong. Darius can easily win any trade with Shen from 1 on, unless shen gets a 10 minute Sunfire cape, you should win this lane every time.

This is not true. Shen has the three things that make fighting Darius easy.

Infinite Sustain
Shield for DoT
Good escape ability for when he pulls.

All you have to do is save you taunt for when he pulls you, shield as you laugh that he does little damage and you got harras in for free.

Obviously you've never ran accross a good shen. As a good Shen can take gobbles of damage and dish out a little bit of his own.

Legendary Silver

07-08-2013

The key is to not play a bruiser top against him.... that or ask for a gank or two early if you want to make life hard for everyone.

Merxamers

07-08-2013

thanks for the advice. i'm getting that offense and lifesteal>tankiness vs shen; i'll try it out! 8)

The Lord Mayor

07-11-2013

For me I find Jax to be a very strong counter to Shen.
1)Shen's kit is entirely reliant on dueling, which Jax can heavily outduel him.
2)Jax's leap completely counters shen's taunt-escpae since it has longer range and a lower cooldown
3)Jax does hybrid damage, making it very hard for shen to counteritemize
4)With items Jax has much higher sustain
5)Jax can interrupt shen's ult.
6)Even at early levels, Shen's E-Q-AA passive proc burst is outdamaged by Jax's Q-AA W proc-E+quicker autos

Mr5m1le5

07-11-2013

Play teemo, that is all.