Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Animation Canceling - do you know how to do it and when did you learn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Max Gripness

01-03-2013

I don't even know how I learned to do this. I think I just picked it up because I realized that you can cancel your animation after an auto attack and move in between attacks if you time it correctly.

I'm just curious because it seems somewhat unintuitive and I'm wondering if other people do it and how they learned.

Kino

01-03-2013

Watching Doublelift, I think. It all started when I saw him constantly moving around when taking down a turret.

Inhibited

01-03-2013

Playing way too many micro Use Map Settings games in StarCraft Broodwar, and I use it quite a bit.

doomed2death

01-03-2013

DotA

CryoTyrfing

01-03-2013

Sometimes I'd click on a minion to last hit who was too far away, and then start clicking away to avoid poke. This would occur during the attack animation and thusly cancelled it. I started using this to my advantage. It's good to learn with Draven and catching axes in time between AAs.

P3Ri ChoReSiS

01-03-2013

SC2 marine and Stalker micro