Very high ping for no reason? SOLVED!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bjorn248

01-03-2013

So just today my ping on all League of Legends servers started being very high. Normally I play on NA, and I get about 80 ping there. Then, out of nowhere, it was always 250+. What was the culprit? I had "allow peer to peer transfer" checked on the settings screen on the main client start window. I know I had nothing else running on my computer. This must be the new version of pando media booster, the peer to peer part is now built in to the client. Unfortunately, I don't have a very good upload speed and can't afford to give free bandwidth to riot, it makes me unable to play the game. Just making this thread so anyone else with this problem can fix it.

TheNinjaKat

01-12-2013

Thanks riot youve just lost your self a player and you will lose way more IF YOU DONT FIX YOUR ******* CLIENT

Syn Faal

01-13-2013

Thanks for the post with the helpful info and title, I had the same issue and searching high ping brought this up and fixed it immediately. Good guy Bjorn!

Breazy

05-15-2013

BJORN!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!! I was frustrated for so many days with this issue. I couldn't play ranked or do anything, it was game-breaking. But you... my friend. You were a light in the darkness! Much appreciated!

Ajido

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breazy View Post
BJORN!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!! I was frustrated for so many days with this issue. I couldn't play ranked or do anything, it was game-breaking. But you... my friend. You were a light in the darkness! Much appreciated!
Lets not jump to conclusions about this. The latency issue a lot of people have been having seems to happen around peak times, 7-11 PM EST for me at least. My ping is pretty steady both with this checked and unchecked. I don't know if this is the solution, but it can't hurt to try. I'd like to see tomorrow afternoon how it is.

Nuclear Pretzel

02-14-2014

I always thought it was other people's internet slowing my connection down, and I was right! I figured 50 mbps wouldn't equal out to 200 ping and dc'ing a whole lot

inbreathe66

02-14-2014

bump