Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Player role Preferences: Knowing Who Plays What Role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krnho

01-03-2013

Hello.
I'm tired of people rushing to call roles and fighting over what they want to play. I was thinking that riot add something to the champion select or player profile that indicates what the player prefers to play, maybe an icon that symbolizes each role.

http://i48.tinypic.com/119rsqw.jpg

Or riot could add a feature that players could check which roles they prefer to play and the system can match players based on their checked roles.

What do you guys think?

Carmen Sandiego

01-06-2013

It would be a nice feature but I think people would still fight over it.

Kuroishlence12

01-08-2013

same as above but it would help

Skawhirl

01-08-2013

Support.

I play Mid in my ranked team, so when I go solo in ranked I would prefer mid.

Same with normals, I use them to try new mids and builds, but when someone auto locks or calls mid it's like "oh darn, =/".

I would LOVE to have a way to say "I play mid over other lanes" so that it would be easier to set matches up.

Medium Fries

01-08-2013

I would have to agree with Skawhirl. I would think having something like "world of warcraft" in the sense that to que up for a random dungeon you pick something you would play as, so for instance, I would pick the role of healer and I would only get into a dungeon when a healer spot is open. So, for league, I would pick support or top lane, when a game opens that has either a top lane position or a support lane position then I can join.