League Judgement - Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panda Banana

10-18-2010

Candidate: Soraka
Date: 4 May, 20 CLE

OBSERVATION

The moonlight peeked through the massive windows of the chamber. There was an aura of serenity that enveloped the place. Soraka stood in front of the double doors which shone like Zaunite silver.

"The truest opponent lies within." She knew all too well.

Closing her serene eyes, the night sky filled with light - a single moment of awe more breathtaking than any show the Demacian light benders could ever perform . It was as if the cosmos was in accord. The universe was telling her something it seems.

The spectacle in the sky ended in a sudden flash.. Soraka opened her eyes with the look of calmness and purity that one can mistake for signs of weakness and passivity. Her skin was the color of the deepest seas, peaceful and relentless. The enormous doors welcomed the maiden.

My truest opponent...

The double doors closed as the starlight outside was reduced to nothing but darkness.

REFLECTION

Minutes passed and Soraka remained in the vacuum of abyss that enveloped the inside of the chamber. With the absence of light enters fear, but not to Soraka. She has maintained calmness, something she has always vowed to keep at times when emotions would haze her logic.

Slowly, the darkness that surrounded her was reduced to an image of a prairie. In a matter of seconds she was atop a hill overlooking a quaint, silent village.

I remember this.

Closer and closer, she approached the village. It was just as she remembered - the pink blossoms of the trees that lined the streets which smelled of spring time. She could not have been more correct in recalling this place. Ionia during springtime - when the sun would make diamonds of water ripples during the day, and at night, the stars would collectively make this village the most beautiful place in Valoran.

What have you done, young starchild? Among the sounds of the birds and the gushing water, the old man's voice spoke to her.

It was a mistake. Indeed it was. Her power over the galaxies kept this village safe from harm for many years. For the longest time, the Noxian military has tried to ravage her home, and Soraka's extraterrestrial magic has prevented the usual impending demise of the town. With a graceful sway of her arms, the stars would fall down and annihilate the multitude of enemies. Her abilities to destroy were as potent as the supernovas.

He killed everyone, Soraka. He killed us all. There was pain in his dying voice.

I never meant to do harm, Elder! It was my fault.

The path of destruction came with the nature of her magic. The essence of the cosmos flowed through her blood, but it was that day when she used the forbidden spell of the Starkin on Warwick dispelled all her power. Seeing the bodies of all that were killed under the chemist's murderous attacks, she had used the spell and transformed the Noxian into a werebeast. She has used the power of the stars with hatred and wrath, and it was against the very nature of the magic she was wielding.

The stars no longer shone over the village that night. She has lost most of her abilities and was reduced to a starchild from being the queen of the cosmos.

At one fell swoop, a beast with eyes of amber grabbed the elder by his neck. With claws as sharp as her memory, it was certain that he was after the elder's blood.

Why do you want to join the League, Soraka? The elder asked with his last breaths. Slowly and with two hands, the werebeast strangled the poor, elderly man.

Soraka's steadfast feet starts to tremble a bit. The sunny skies are turning into nighttime faster than the beating of her heart. She had realized this was an illusion, a test of prudence against certainty, calmness over panic. But the memory of the mistake of her life was all too real in her mind she could not utter a single word.

The beast was sure to kill the elder now.

Why do you want to join the League, Soraka? The village is enveloped by darkness. The absence of stars and moonlight reminded her of her true purpose.

I must fight.. The elder screamed of extreme pain, a pain that Soraka shared at that moment in time. I must prove my worth. Just as she spoke, everything in sight evaporated into dust. She was back in the chamber with the moonlight peeking through the opened windowpanes lining the grandiose hall.

Earlier, I talked to the galaxy. I have to prove I am still worthy.

The summoner appeared in front of her, clad in a majestic auburn robe and pendants lining her neck.

How does it feel exposing your mind?

Once again, she closed her eyes that filled with gentle tears. The light outside flickered, as if telling her to move forth and beyond. It was her final conversation with the source of her powers outside of the league. Walking past the summoner, she has regained the calmness she had earlier.

Behind her the summoner watched the fallen tears turn into stardusts.

Panda Banana

10-18-2010

Bump for feedback

Sapphyrite

10-18-2010

Wow, man, I really liked this. It had such a personal feel, it totally fit the champion

You win a Demacian Cookie!

AstorSapolsky

10-18-2010

As a former Soraka main (I haven't enjoyed playing her since about the time the Season began), I wholeheartedly approve of this.

I was going to do a joke one for her but I don't want to take any attention away from this story. The incident was predictable, but it is so well written it doesn't matter.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-18-2010

Added to the community section

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575

Panda Banana

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky View Post
As a former Soraka main (I haven't enjoyed playing her since about the time the Season began), I wholeheartedly approve of this.

I was going to do a joke one for her but I don't want to take any attention away from this story. The incident was predictable, but it is so well written it doesn't matter.
Thanks a lot! I enjoyed writing this!

StaticFrog

10-18-2010

Wow..I liked that a lot! I loved how the puns you used with her. Very brilliant and entertaining!

Panda Banana

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFrog View Post
Wow..I liked that a lot! I loved how the puns you used with her. Very brilliant and entertaining!
Thanks!

Panda Banana

10-19-2010

Bump for more critiques!

Panda Banana

12-14-2010

Yay!